Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 09:38 AM

7 posts, read 18,914 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of moving to Tampa (from Ohio)...a couple of apartments I've found are off of Memorial Highway - the drive to work is under 10 miles - but I've have to take the Florida 589 Toll/Veterans Expy to and from work - how much is the Toll and how bad is the traffic? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 10:04 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,303,620 times
It's really not expensive at all. I think the Hillsborough Avenue offramp is a quarter; the Memorial and Independence ramps are free. You don't even have to pay for the Hillsborough ramp if you take the frontage road. After Hillsborough, the first toll plaza is a dollar and the one after that is 75[SIZE=4]
¢
[/SIZE].

Traffic isn't all that bad. It can get heavy, but it usually stays moving. The only bad part is the area around the airport, where 589, 60, 275, and the airport road meet.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:14 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
I pay a buck one way for traveling about 8 miles on it.

How much you pay depends from where to where you are traveling.

There are two mainline toll plazas on the Veterans Expressway, one located just north of Waters Avenue (Andersen Toll Plaza) and one located between Ehrlich Road and Hutchison Road interchanges (Sugarwood Toll Plaza).(reference:Florida's Turnpike - The Less Stresswayâ„¢ | About Us | System Description)

The following web gives you all the miles at each number.

Veterans Expressway / Suncoast Parkway

Now if you combine the above two sites, you will figure your total cost.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:29 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
Okay, let's take this another step. Are there any decent neighborhoods along this turnpike where house rent would be similar to Riverview and the schools are good? Seems like anything on Veterans Express Way would be way more convenient to my job than taking the expensive crosstown from Riverview.

Something about Riverview, on paper, that I really like though. Anyways, we'll have to figure it out fast since I'll only have about a week down there to find a place before I begin reporting to work.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:23 AM

7 posts, read 18,914 times
Thank you so much for the information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
It's really not expensive at all. I think the Hillsborough Avenue offramp is a quarter; the Memorial and Independence ramps are free. You don't even have to pay for the Hillsborough ramp if you take the frontage road. After Hillsborough, the first toll plaza is a dollar and the one after that is 75[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]¢[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE].

Traffic isn't all that bad. It can get heavy, but it usually stays moving. The only bad part is the area around the airport, where 589, 60, 275, and the airport road meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: