Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:03 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times

Advertisements

It's not so many Kash. Its the few that belly ache so much that it seems like a disater area/war zone

Once they get back to where things are REALLY bad, they will realize how darn good they had it.

They came here for a reason. When they decided they didnt like it they
come to places like this to vent their frustrations. They arent talking about leaving, they are just talking about how bad EVERYTHING is here.
Problem is, only a few see it that way. The rest of us enjoy the heck out of living here.

/
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
Its interesting coming to this forum. So many of the locals on this forum talk about how much they hate Florida. Perhaps this data is accurate and many of them are finally leaving after all their belly-aching. I bet you many of them come back though. Florida has a low cost of living, reasonably priced real estate, low taxes and is in position to boom again when this bad economy is over.
Hey, I'm from Alaska and I complain about my home town too. But unlike many, I am doing something about it and moving out of state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 10:31 PM

371 posts, read 1,190,596 times
[quote=AlaskaKash;13453409]

If you see a minivan with Alaska plates driving around after Mid July, be sure to wave....cuz that's me! Hahaha. [quote]

Wave??? After Mid July it will be so hot we'll just throw water balloons at ya! Then you'll really know it's your City-Data Forum friends.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:48 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
Our premium increased by $266 after we moved from Orlando to Tampa.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Your also suppossed to have car insurance, many in Florida drive without it.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:53 AM

Thumbs down Dear Tampa Bay Drivers!

Please understand that it is "driving courtesy" to allow more than 1 (ONE) person pass a left turning stop light on GREEN.

Here are a few excerpts from the driving manual to refresh your memory:
Passing
Speed Limits
Right-of-Way
Expressway Driving
Animals (never seen so much roadkill in my life as I see here in both Orlando & Tampa)
Making Turns
The "No Zone"

Here's the whole thing:
Florida Driver Handbook Online

Monday, I picked up my daughter from school at 11:30am and went back home, at the stop light on Lutz Lake Fern (turning into Cheval) there is this White Porsche SUV in front of me who left the same school a minute earlier and who when the light turned GREEN decided to not move passed the pedestrian walk!!! (basically, she sat AT the stop as if it was still red).......NOW, there is room for 2 cars there, each way, so when that stop light turns green more than ONE (1) car can pass......this Cheval resident decided that SHE was the only one that will pass through that stop light forcing everyone else behind her to sit at that stop light TWICE, some in the middle of the road!!!!!!! (as there were other cars behind us, and they could NOT back up before the pedestrian walk anymore)
Tuesday, she was behind me while I was dropping my daughter off to school & decided to start yelling at me that “I” was tailgating her! WRONG! “I” was trying to pass that light on GREEN TOO & NOT RED AND had 3 cars behind ME who were also to my bumper trying to pass on green, (I was sandwiched) that light is not for just 1 person to pass.......THEN, (back to Monday) she turns into Cheval and sits in the LEFT LANE/SIDE of the road driving 5 miles an hour, (speed limit posted is 25miles/hr) THEN decides to try to CUT ME OFF to get in the RIGHT LANE/SIDE of the road passing through the sticker gate, I honked at her because it seemed as she thought she some how OWNED that road and was “ENTITLED” to not only decide HOW MANY cars will pass that light on GREEN, but also that she can just switch lanes whenever she pleases without turning a signal on, just assuming that people will SEE her precious “White Porsche” and just get out of her way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!

What's worst, is that every day in my sub division VERY EXPENSIVE cars blow through stop signs like they are not even there....it is not the first time I noticed that the more expensive the car the more the "owner" thinks he/she is above everyone else and is ENTITLED to break the law! people speed through next to the playground over speed bumps no less, I find this not only extremely rude but it IS against the law to do 45 miles an hour in a 25 miles an hour zone! with posted signs for children crossing the street etc. I have the FHP car sitting in front of my house waiting to catch these people and this is not even a public road, hwy etc....this is awful!

In one day, January 11th, the FHP issued 16 citations, most were for Cheval East residents who drive through Cheval West for some reason, for speeding, not stopping at the stop signs and for not providing proof of insurance!!!!!...16 citations in 1 day in a RESIDENTIAL gated sub division is outrageous no matter HOW you look at it......

My personal conclusion is that 90% of the rich people that either live in Tampa or come here for weeks at the time are vaccinated against "common sense!"
There is no other explanation for this constant rudeness and lack of driving courtesy.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:46 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Our premium increased by $266 after we moved from Orlando to Tampa.................
Our premium decreased substantially when we moved to Manatee County. It was highest in Pasco, lower in Polk, and lowest of all here. Rates are determined by which county one lives in.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 AM

Hillsborough county seems the worst, next to Dade down in Miami......it's crazy.....didn't know Pasco was expensive, other than 54 and 41 it seems pretty empty..........LOL I wouldn't have thought it was expensive up there.....all tho, on a second thought judging by how some drive on 54............the rates may justified there after all.......

Old 03-26-2010, 08:07 AM

626 posts, read 1,347,734 times
Didnt you get the memo that if you drive an expensive car, then the rules dont apply to you?? I see this all the time, I think it goes along with the cocky, Im better then you, Im the only one that matters attitude!

Old 03-26-2010, 08:17 AM

Honestly, a car is a car is a car..........and on these roads here in the US you can't go passed 70 anyway.....I laugh, paying this much money for a car that does the same thing as one that costs $10k or less......

Have you seen that commercial for Ford that has a hard drive and you can store "ALL" your music on......well, what happens when you sell the car to wreak it!??? LOL

A car is just a way to transport yourself...it's not like you're inviting people for coffee on your back seat! or front for the convertibles! LOLOL

I think these people need therapy to get grounded again! paying $400+ for a car payment is crazy! especially since the car gets to spend most of the time PARKED, while they're working their butt of to pay for it!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

Old 03-26-2010, 08:41 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Hillsborough county seems the worst, next to Dade down in Miami......it's crazy.....didn't know Pasco was expensive, other than 54 and 41 it seems pretty empty..........LOL I wouldn't have thought it was expensive up there.....all tho, on a second thought judging by how some drive on 54............the rates may justified there after all.......
I think the high rates in Pasco, are because of West Pasco, you know, the killer Highway 19 and all.... we lived in rural East Pasco, where it was actually a joy to drive. I kind of miss that....lol

Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,282,212 times
Buy a cheap car.

Use the horn liberally and then make your move.

99% of the time the nice car will swerve out of the way. The 1% of the time they don't it's going to be their fault anyway.

My weekend beater is an old cargo van. I have yet to yield a lane to a nice car (or better yet, a motorcycle). What are they going to do about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay