Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 04:42 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,259,736 times

Advertisements

So, if you're looking for school here, make sure you avoid these....

I am not sure where the emphasis is on education here! these are the types of schools that should be erased and the money wasted here should go to the ones doing well and not have these "characters" attend!

This is just horrible!

6 Tampa schools get more security after teens shot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 04:53 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,582,317 times
Get your kids out of these schools!....that is so bad.

I heard on tv that one middle school in Pinellas County had 87 students arrested during this school year...to me that is unbelievable...shouldn't it be safe to go to school...Where and what are the parents of these kids doing and who wants to be a teacher in such a school and working with kids like that...

Old 04-01-2010, 04:59 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,567,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
So, if you're looking for school here, make sure you avoid these....

I am not sure where the emphasis is on education here! these are the types of schools that should be erased and the money wasted here should go to the ones doing well and not have these "characters" attend!

This is just horrible!

6 Tampa schools get more security after teens shot
That is the neighborhood not the school.

Where would you propose the neighborhood kids go to school if you close these?

When I was in high school we had shootings outside the school all the time. We had metal detectors at the entrance. It was just the type of neighborhood it was and that was 30 years ago, had nothing to do with the school.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:04 AM

Mike, OBVIOUSLY these kids are not concerned with learning math! in which case why endanger other kids who might be interested??? so why have them go to school? these neighborhoods should NOT have schools in them! innocent people get killed or disabled for LIFE.....what's the point? the people in these neighborhoods are NOT concerned with education if they see fit to bring guns to schools or promote gang activity at these levels!

Old 04-01-2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Mike, OBVIOUSLY these kids are not concerned with learning math! in which case why endanger other kids who might be interested??? so why have them go to school? these neighborhoods should NOT have schools in them! innocent people get killed or disabled for LIFE.....what's the point? the people in these neighborhoods are NOT concerned with education if they see fit to bring guns to schools or promote gang activity at these levels!
Brilliant, let's close all the schools in bad neighborhoods.

I don't believe the 25 year old was going to any of the schools mentioned and this happened after school in the neighborhood.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:07 AM

IF someone, (anyone), from one of these neighborhoods is interested in LEARNING then they can go to a school further away.....why waste teacher's time like this? and budget money? I am sure that NOT 1 teacher out there is "looking forward" in teaching in one of these schools!!! (.)

WHY would anyone BE at a school "after school"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Brilliant, let's close all the schools in bad neighborhoods.

I don't believe the 25 year old was going to any of the schools mentioned and this happened after school in the neighborhood.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
IF someone, (anyone), from one of these neighborhoods is interested in LEARNING then they can go to a school further away.....why waste teacher's time like this? and budget money? I am sure that NOT 1 teacher out there is "looking forward" in teaching in one of these schools!!! (.)

WHY would anyone BE at a school "after school"???
This makes no sense.
You punish the perpetrators not everyone.

My high school was worse than these schools but many managed to get an education. I knew people that got full ride scholarships and were accepted to Harvard and similar Ivy league schools.

They were also not at the school when this happened. They live in the area around the school and the extra security at the schools is a precaution.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 AM

I'm sure there are several kids who do well.......but schools should NOT be subject to this type of activity period.

I got a letter from my 10 rated school last year "apologizing" because one stupid kid brought a gun to school! (middle school mind you, 12 year old's)

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED? WHY would a school even have to deal with this type of stuff?

There is no respect for schools here, everybody does whatever they want without regard to consequences!
It is very very disappointing! (to say the least)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
This makes no sense.
You punish the perpetrators not everyone.

My high school was worse than these schools but many managed to get an education. I knew people that got full ride scholarships and were accepted to Harvard and similar Ivy league schools.

They were also not at the school when this happened. They live in the area around the school and the extra security at the schools is a precaution.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I'm sure there are several kids who do well.......but schools should NOT be subject to this type of activity period.

I got a letter from my 10 rated school last year "apologizing" because one stupid kid brought a gun to school! (middle school mind you, 12 year old's)

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED? WHY would a school even have to deal with this type of stuff?

There is no respect for schools here, everybody does whatever they want without regard to consequences!
It is very very disappointing! (to say the least)
It is not allowed, it is against the law.

People break laws that is just a fact of life.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:14 AM

371 posts, read 1,187,007 times
The fact that they had beefed up security shows that they DO care about the schools, the students and the faculty there. They did not want any retaliation happening at the schools because of the shooting/turbulence going on between the two groups that were involved.

Shootings or other violence can happen at even the best of schools (Columbine). Even you said that a gun was brought to your childs 10 rated school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: