U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 08:00 PM

69 posts, read 172,288 times

Advertisements

I know there are a bazillion threads on moving to this area ... but I haven't really read too many threads on people in my situation so I thought Id see if I could get some feedback ...

Me and 3-4 other guys will be moving to the Tampa/St Pete area at the end of summer ... Most of us work in the restaurant industry and a couple of us will be transferring our jobs down there ... regardless ... we understand what the job situation is like ... its like this everywhere.

Our reasons for moving to Florida (aside from the fact that one of us graduated from FSU and the other UF) are the following:

Major league baseball, NFL, and the beach ...

What I am looking for is an area that would rent a decent house to 4-5 guys. I would like a fairly nice house with potentially a pool ... but dont want to be in a neighborhood full of families.

We aren't huge partiers but do like to go to the bar from time to time. We won't be throwing huge keg parties but may have get togethers from time to time.

Any advice on where 4-5 guys in their mid-20s (transition stage) should look first in this area?

Rent wise we could go anywhere from 1200-2000 depending on if we have 4 or 5 of us.

Thanks! and lookout! ... haha jk you don't have to lookout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 05:25 AM

22,271 posts, read 32,761,901 times
For a more than few reasons I'd recommend looking for places in St Pete (or nearby Clearwater or Largo) versus Tampa. St Pete has an active, less touristy downtown. It's close to Tropicana Field and the beaches, as well as more lucrative choices of places to work in the hospitality field. Raymond James Stadium is in Tampa but just across the Bay, so not as bad. The NFL season is relatively short anyway, versus MLB.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:37 PM

1,430 posts, read 2,633,225 times
You may not find too many homes in areas that are not family neighbourhoods, when you are looking at potentially a 'family' home. Though there are areas in older St Pete/Clearwater/Largo/Dunedin that may work for you. There is a lot going on downtown/Ybor area of Tampa for your age group and also downtown St Pete or the beaches (st pete/clearwater) Concerts/sports/bars etc.
Am sure you will find a place that works for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or