U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 02:18 PM

3,380 posts, read 8,186,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I LOVE the Rusty Pelican! Haven't been there for a couple years, but it has great ambiance, great setting and I love the food! Give it a try!
Thanks! We'll check it out when we go to see exactly where my office is since its on RP as well. I looked at the menu online, prices are pretty good for such a fancy looking place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 02:50 PM

15 posts, read 23,285 times
The Rusty Pelican used to be excellent. Of course that was 15+ years ago when the Point was happening. Spent some killer nights eating at the RP then strolling over to for happy hour on the deck at that little place in between RP and CrawDaddy's (can't think of the name for anything)and then late nite at Crawdaddy's for dancing. Ahhhh those days. Anyway for a good steak off the beaten path try Ivarone's on Hubert I believe is the name of the street. Although the last time I was there the service was beginning to slip but the food was still top notch.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:18 PM

15,765 posts, read 32,858,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopnFresh View Post
The Rusty Pelican used to be excellent. Of course that was 15+ years ago when the Point was happening. Spent some killer nights eating at the RP then strolling over to for happy hour on the deck at that little place in between RP and CrawDaddy's (can't think of the name for anything)and then late nite at Crawdaddy's for dancing. Ahhhh those days. Anyway for a good steak off the beaten path try Ivarone's on Hubert I believe is the name of the street. Although the last time I was there the service was beginning to slip but the food was still top notch.
I think you are confused - the Rusty Pelican IS what Crawdaddy's became - and they have delicious food.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:44 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,771,099 times
Quote:

You speak of Whiskey Joes(place that used to be between Crawdaddys and Rusty Pelican)...used to love hanging out Sundays on Rocky Point...Whiskey Joes is now where Castaway used to be sitting right out in the Bay, beautiful views, food not so beautiful, breat great for some drinks, live music, and scenery.

Ivarone also owns a great space for steaks in downtown Tampa, Malio's. Some of the best steaks ive had in Tampa Bay, when the weather is nice, eat outdoors on the patio overlooking the River and UT Minarets.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:26 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,103,714 times
All of those mentioned are good...I also really enjoy Bahama Breeze, right in the same vicinity as Rusty Pelican. It's a chain...yes, but really different! The food is always good, and they are always changing the menu and adding new items. Uniquely different flavors and awesome drinks. They have a really nice outdoor area with live entertainment (music). I would add it to your list to try anyway. Has that keywest flavor and style!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:49 PM

"I think you are confused - the Rusty Pelican IS what Crawdaddy's became"

No, not confused at all. Once upon a time (late 80s early 90s), Crawdaddy's and Whisky Joe's (Thanks tampaguy3) shared a building at the end and Rusty Pelican was a stand alone. Just had way too many libations on that deck at whisky Joe's to remeber the name.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:52 PM

".....Malio's"

Ah the bar at the one on Dale Mabry huh tampaguy? Man that place had kille grub and even better parties.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:20 AM

1,824 posts, read 7,771,099 times
Quote:
".....Malio's"

Ah the bar at the one on Dale Mabry huh tampaguy? Man that place had kille grub and even better parties.
Dale Mabry Malios closed a while back, and re-opened in downtown on the Riverwalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay