Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 08:13 AM

384 posts, read 2,221,987 times

Advertisements

I have read some negative things on the board about Trinity, such as dinky lots (most newer homes seem to have small lots in all communities), and a few other things. We are looking at homes in Wesley Chapel but came across some listings in Trinity that look interesting. We looked at Trinity 2 years ago but couldn't touch the prices. Can anyone tell me if we should stay away from Trinity and purchase in WC instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 09:25 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
Obviously, this is an individual choice and I'm familiar with both areas. Personally, I think the long range appreciation in Trinity may be better than WC because it's closer to the coast. And I'm not sure WC has anything comparable to the Fox Hollow Golf Course.

Please choose the community you feel the most comfortable in.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:32 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,343,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueinge View Post
I have read some negative things on the board about Trinity, such as dinky lots (most newer homes seem to have small lots in all communities), and a few other things. We are looking at homes in Wesley Chapel but came across some listings in Trinity that look interesting. We looked at Trinity 2 years ago but couldn't touch the prices. Can anyone tell me if we should stay away from Trinity and purchase in WC instead?
I heard that there have been a lot of sinkholes in Trinity over the past year. I have a realtor friend who works in the area, and the resale of a Trinity home is much better than a WC home. That is about all I know. Trinity is also closer to Pinellas County and the beach.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:39 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
I heard that there have been a lot of sinkholes in Trinity over the past year. I have a realtor friend who works in the area, and the resale of a Trinity home is much better than a WC home. That is about all I know. Trinity is also closer to Pinellas County and the beach.
Sinkholes are random, though some areas are more prone. Most, but not all, newer master planned communities will have done an engineering study prior to development. Also, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection maintains a sinkhole database at http://www.dep.state.fl.us/geology/gisdatamaps/sinkhole_database.htm (broken link).

Last edited by TampaKaren; 12-17-2007 at 06:53 AM..

Old 01-28-2008, 12:16 PM

24 posts, read 127,997 times
Close friends of ours moved to Trinity FL, last year and purchased a very attractive home in an area called "Champions Club".

We visited when were in FL recently and it was a good sized property newly built with a very nice golf course and club house nearby. They had the home built to their specs and it ran approx $1.3M (5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, in ground pool, large deck, large kitchen, lots of nice touches). Although I don't know much about Trinity it seemed like a nice place to move, if you had to move from Long Island NY and wanted a quieter suburban life style. I was a bit concerned about the school system but our friends are putting their children into private schools.

I was a bit surprised at the prices of homes in Trinity, (although it seemed priced ok from a NY market perspective) but I guess I underestimated the market valuation of homes in Florida. Given this was exactly 16 months ago.

Last edited by Eco-Prof; 01-28-2008 at 12:29 PM..

Old 04-15-2008, 07:47 PM

5 posts, read 19,557 times
Yes, there are many good things about Trinity. Traffic within the 10-15 square mile area of trinity is very light. You have just about everything you need within a 3-4 mile radius and don't have to fight the heavy traffic of US 19. Target, grocery stores (Publix, Sweetbay), Petsmart, Ross, Walgreens, etc. Great restaurants are now open, Outback, Tijuana Flats, Bonefish Grill, Five Guys, Chilis and a few good local restaurants.
Great new shopping centers, including the upscale Trinity Town Center, which is a outdoor lifestyle center type mall. see TRINITYTOWNCENTER.COM.
Trinity Plaza is another upscale plaza that recently opened.
Prices of homes have really come down over the past 18 months. I would chose Trinity over Wesley Chapel in a heartbeat. Wesley Chapel isnt nearly as upscale or as well planned as the Trinity area. Traffic over there is a mess, especially on SR 54 east of I-75.
Trinity, you can go south in Pinellas via East Lake Rd, or go south to Tampa on the very convienent Suncoast Parkway, it takes 25 minutes to get the the tampa airport from Trinity during non peak rush hour times.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:58 AM

384 posts, read 2,221,987 times
Thanks, USF Bulls. I appreciate your info on Trinity. We are very interested in the area. (Just waiting for our house to sell in NC...) It is funny to find this post today as we are thinking about making an offer on a short sale in Wilderness Lake Preserve but the elementary school zoned for that development hasn't gotten great reviews and I know the schools in Trinity are great. Seeing this post has made me wonder if we should just stick with Trinity when our house sells and forget the WLP house. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2010, 08:06 AM

12 posts, read 105,118 times
Anything GOOD about Trinity??? Well, just about everything! Schools are great, location is great (little traffic, easy commute to Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater/Wesley Chapel, etc.), close to beaches, newer developments/shopping areas, there are cookie cutter homes, there are homes with personality. Trinity has low taxes. There is a new hospital currently being built. We have all we need within 5 minutes radius for shopping/dining. It's also beautiful, clean, and surrounded by nature. Starkey Park is amazing! Trinity has all one needs...with the luxury of visiting the city and the beaches at any time. The only thing Trinity lacks is a movie theater.....maybe soon? Until then, we enjoy going to the Cinebistro/Cobb Theater in Wesley Chapel. Others go to the movie theatre in New Port Richey or off of the Veteran's Hwy.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:58 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,125,986 times
Thank you for starting this thread. Someone said it was 25 minutes to the airport without traffic on the suncoast parkway. I know this is a toll road, how bad would this commute be during 8AM going south and 5PM going north?

Old 04-30-2010, 05:27 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I live in Wesley Chapel and work in Trinity....right now moving doesn't make sense with the housing market is what it is, but if i would move I would move to Trinity...close to the coast/beach and close to Tampa...

Having said that, I really like Wesley Chapel too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay