Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,467 times

Advertisements

My family and I have been here for 6 years and we are so sick of it. In my opinion, Florida is a dead state that will never recover in my lifetime. The people, schools, real estate, weather, roads; everything. We want to move back up north but b/c of our underwater home we are having some issues with getting rid of it. Does anyone have any advise as to how to help us get out of here as quick as possible? Are there any other people that feel the same way I do? Thank you for your time.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:36 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,319,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinner View Post
My family and I have been here for 6 years and we are so sick of it. In my opinion, Florida is a dead state that will never recover in my lifetime. The people, schools, real estate, weather, roads; everything. We want to move back up north but b/c of our underwater home we are having some issues with getting rid of it. Does anyone have any advise as to how to help us get out of here as quick as possible? Are there any other people that feel the same way I do? Thank you for your time.
You've got to be kidding me. Please!

Old 04-18-2010, 02:43 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,369 times
Well, no, I kinda feel the opposite of you, but there seem to be several people on this board who are in agreement with you, so probably one of them will respond.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:46 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,654,792 times
You could ask a realtor about a quick sale. Quick sales won't affect your credit, so you can buy a home when you move back.

We too would like to move back, but also feel kind of stuck. The economy is terrible all over, so it does not pay for us to move back right now. My kids, especially my older daughter, would love to move back to NJ. My younger daughter likes the warm weather, but is having a hard time making friends down here.

My husband was laid off by the company that moved us down and now he can't find work. He is willing to work at Publix, but they are only hiring part timers. We need the insurance. Things aren't much better up north, otherwise we probably would move back.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:17 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Probably, but i left Florida for some of those reasons,I got tired of the Highway 19 traffic between New Port Richey and St Pete and as i aged the heat and humidity started to become intolerable so i was ending up staying in the air conditioning most of the time. So now i just make long visits in January and February,cant do much about the traffic though.

Last edited by Keeper; 04-18-2010 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: orphaned quote

Old 04-18-2010, 03:41 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,332,609 times
Quote:
My family and I ... are so sick of it. In my opinion, Florida is a dead state that will never recover in my lifetime. The people, schools, real estate, weather, roads; everything. We want to move back up north but b/c of our underwater home we are having some issues with getting rid of it. Does anyone have any advise as to how to help us get out of here as quick as possible? Are there any other people that feel the same way I do? Thank you for your time.
Do you often talk to the dead? If it is your opinion that the people here are so "dead" & unable to "recover" in your lifetime, since the world evidently revolves around you, why bother asking their opinion?

Most of us did not pay exhorbitant prices for houses we could not afford. It is those who did who ruined our housing market and economy, not those of us who simply reside here, um, I mean, who are dead here, who now have to deal with values on our long held houses which are lower than they would have been by now hadn't the bubble ever been created by the likes of this mobile society.

In the world of cause and effect. We did not cause your problem. You caused our problem. So glad that you now want to try to shift your own bad decision making upon us, the good yet dead people of Florida.

So, while I really do have some sympathy for your plight even though I do also believe you brought it upon yourself, as you also brought it upon us and are now trying to blame us for it, please, do not let the lid of our coffin smack your butt on the way out. Good luck.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Problems and crises tend to follow people no matter where they go.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:12 PM

276 posts, read 792,789 times
Quote:
I do!!!

Old 04-18-2010, 05:27 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times
Quote:

Talk to a realtor about your home and see if s/he can give you some advice. Housing is going to keep FL in the dumps longer than most other states.

My Dad had a career in the USCG. One place we ended up living was Atlantic Beach, FL. Of all the states (9) I've lived in, FL was by far the worst.

Hot. Humid. Bugs. Snakes. T-storms. Crowded. Transients everywhere. Just a creepy place to live.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:37 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
A "quick sale" better known as a Short Sale will ONLY work IF YOUR Bank agrees to the price that's been offered. In other words, you can list your house for sale as a "short sale" and then whomever offers the higher price usually gets the house IF your bank agrees. Some banks will drag their a** for months and months ONLY to force you to foreclose rather than accepting a lower price. So, yeah it won't ding your credit too bad, but it is a gamble as some banks will not go for a short sale unless their price requirement is met.

As far as the rest of the stuff you're complaining about....well, I want to say that you should have done more re-search before you moved here...I know I should have....BUT, you can't change it, so rather than get annoyed, do a LOT of re-search for the next place you'll be moving too unless you lived there already, and that's that. Just cause it is sunny here more than in other parts of the Globe it doesn't mean the rest of the place is perfect for everyone. Some ppl would die to live here, some don't. For me, I would prefer to come here in vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay