U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 04:57 PM

249 posts, read 408,004 times

Advertisements

On my long way driving from Cancun, I damaged a few things, unloading each night/realoading each morning. One of them is my sunglasses . They were good quality.

So I got an old pair out of nowhere (even better but really very old), they broke today . Money... sigh...

Could you tell me where I could find a good quality (I have macular degeneration so my eyes need to be well protected), but not very expensive, I mean I don't need a famous name frame. Is there a sunglassesbuddy or something?

Thanks again.

Oh it is NOT prescription sunglasses, i wear contact lenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 05:31 PM

35,315 posts, read 44,181,461 times
If you can get over to wagon Wheel Flea Market You'll have plenty of inexpensive glasses to choose from.
http://tampabay.citysearch.com/profi...ea_market.html

Old 04-20-2010, 07:10 AM

216 posts, read 765,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwyna View Post
On my long way driving from Cancun, I damaged a few things, unloading each night/realoading each morning. One of them is my sunglasses . They were good quality.

So I got an old pair out of nowhere (even better but really very old), they broke today . Money... sigh...

Could you tell me where I could find a good quality (I have macular degeneration so my eyes need to be well protected), but not very expensive, I mean I don't need a famous name frame. Is there a sunglassesbuddy or something?

Thanks again.

Oh it is NOT prescription sunglasses, i wear contact lenses.
I agree with the suggestion of going to the Wagon Wheel. A few weeks ago I bought a nice pair of polaroid sunglasses at the Wagon Wheel. There are a number of vendors with great selections. I think I paid $15 for them and they are excellent.
[I had a close family member who was an optometrist and as a result I have so many different pairs of prescription glasses; these are as clear and as undistorted as any of them.]

Old 04-20-2010, 10:53 AM

Thanks, maybe I could go there tomorrow... I might also find other things

Do you know their business hours?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:48 AM

216 posts, read 765,919 times
They are only open on Sat. & Sun.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:21 AM

1,730 posts, read 4,239,802 times
I am going to sound like a cheap dork for saying this but honestly the best sunglasses I have found are those As Seen On Tv HD Vision sunglasses that you can find at any retailer. I love those things. They arent the most stylish but they work so well. Plus if you wear glasses they fit neatly over them and leave no scratches.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:45 PM

35,315 posts, read 44,181,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
I am going to sound like a cheap dork for saying this but honestly the best sunglasses I have found are those As Seen On Tv HD Vision sunglasses that you can find at any retailer. I love those things. They arent the most stylish but they work so well. Plus if you wear glasses they fit neatly over them and leave no scratches.
2 pair for $5 at most flea markets.. And i wouldnt call buying these kinds of sunglasses being cheap i'd call it being smart, lot of guys i drive with in the sports car club think nothing of dumping $300-$400 on a pair of sun glasses

Old 04-21-2010, 03:54 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,741,864 times
couldn't survive living in FLA without sunglasses --- very rarely am I outside without them on -

Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 PM

357 posts, read 722,777 times
For some reason those cheesy old ads for Blue Blockers pops into my head when I read this post!

YouTube - Blu Blockers Commercial

Old 04-25-2010, 04:07 PM

I went to the Wagon Wheel . I bought a pair of polarized sunglasses for $16. They might not be the same quality as the other ones, but at least I won't cry if they break .

I also brought back home a few other cheap stuff, some others cheap AND nice (I love to rummage in a Flea Market), and also.... a STRONG backache and legs in marmelade, walking for more than 4 hours .

I will go back, and try some others too. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay