U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 05:32 PM

7 posts, read 13,473 times

Advertisements

We recently bought a house and have been trying to hire somebody to do some "minor" enhancements around the house. We've been calling and emailing but haven't gotten any responses. We had an appointment for a roofer on Sunday and he was a no-show (no call, nothing and it's now Tuesday). If anybody can recommend reputable (licensed, insured, etc) people who can do the work listed below it would be a great help. If you know approximate prices that would be great too. It's funny because I thought the economy was supposed to be bad and that home improvement workers would be anxious for work but apparently not!

add electrical outlets outside
new door & fix saddle
add gas hookups (for bbq, stove, fireplace)

a/c - split into two zones for upstairs/downstairs
extend a/c and heat into family room
add attic fan
add insulation to attic
add floor to attic
add vent fans to 3 bathrooms

add dimmers to dining room, kitchen & bedroom lights
extend internet connection into living room

fix drain stopper in sinks
fix shower plunger

replace some old windows
add countertop

Last edited by BeachPotato; 04-20-2010 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: formatting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 09:15 AM

4,550 posts, read 6,853,365 times
Many of the contractors I have tried to contact before do not responds to emails. You don't say which area you are in, so it could be any of the counties.
For your air conditioning list I have used A1 Heat and air conditioning for several years now. They have always done a good job, whith competitive prices. Tel# 813.886.8818.
Try them and wish you good luck.
Welcome to Tampa Bay !

Old 04-21-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Many of the contractors I have tried to contact before do not responds to emails. You don't say which area you are in, so it could be any of the counties.
For your air conditioning list I have used A1 Heat and air conditioning for several years now. They have always done a good job, whith competitive prices. Tel# 813.886.8818.
Try them and wish you good luck.
Welcome to Tampa Bay !
Why don't you post here the county where you are needing the services, so some of the others can ,maybe,tell you who they have used.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 AM

7 posts, read 13,473 times
Default Work Needed on Home Is In Pinellas, near St. Petersburg

Annie, I didn't think to post my location but obviously that would make a difference! Thanks for pointing this out. I'm actually in Pinellas, not far from downtown St. Petersburg and love living in Tampa Bay. Hopefully it stays a hidden secret.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:42 AM

3,380 posts, read 8,188,189 times
You are surely going to need someone to come out to quote that work. There is no way a any contractor is going to give you an estimate over the phone. If they do, run.... run far away from that company.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:09 PM

I totally agree with Alaska. Companies usually do not give an estimate over the phone here.
It's good that you placed the Pinellas County and that you are near St. Pete..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or