Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,320 times

Advertisements

Hey! Here's the deal. I'm an 18 yr old male and I'll be moving down to Florida rather shortly. I am moving to Fl. to live by the beach, enjoy the nightlife, and meet a good amount of new people. I'm really not looking to be bored. Granted, on the weekdays, I won't mind minding my own business and doing what I have to do, but on the weekends I'm going to want to party. Now I also have looked into Ft. Lauderdale and was wondering what's best. Basically though I'm interested in Tampa. I'll be attending Hillsborough Comm. College if I go with Tampa and was wondering where's the best place to be for both somewhat fast beach access, good nightlife, and a quick ride to my school. Any suggestions? Help!

Just for the hell of it, I think the best situation for me would be if my school was closest, the beach not far off, and the nightlife could be a decent ride away (hopefully some public transportation. after all, I'll be wasted.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 06:22 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times
Ybor City but don't party so much you forget to study

You could transfer to Eckerd in St. Pete once you're done with HCC and be 15 min from the beach and 15 from nightlife in St. Pete (Eckerd is so great, I wish I'd known about it when I was 18).

Good luck!

Old 06-11-2007, 07:58 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times
There is actually a junior college in St Pete I think although can't recall the name. I worked with someone that had gone there and she liked it better because she the people seemed to take it more seriously than HCC. Then you could live closer to the beach and not be far from college. Something to consider.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:13 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
HCC in Ybor would be your best bet for being close to school and nightlife(both walkable), and there is a streetcar and trolley access to Channelside and Hyde Park nightlife..the beach on the other hand is about 35-40 minutes.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:19 AM

44 posts, read 228,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
There is actually a junior college in St Pete I think although can't recall the name. I worked with someone that had gone there and she liked it better because she the people seemed to take it more seriously than HCC. Then you could live closer to the beach and not be far from college. Something to consider.
It's called St. Pete College (used to be St. Pete Junior College). They have campuses in Clearwater (Gulf to Bay and Old Coachman, about 10 minutes from clearwater beach), Tarpon Springs (US 19 and Klosterman, about 10 minutes from the beach at Howard Park) and St. Petersburg.

Your best bet would be to look into SPC Clearwater if you want to be close to the beach and school. Then you're also only about 1/2 or so away from Ybor City.

St. Petersburg College

Old 06-13-2007, 08:38 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italy's Finest View Post
Hey! Here's the deal. I'm an 18 yr old male and I'll be moving down to Florida rather shortly. I am moving to Fl. to live by the beach, enjoy the nightlife, and meet a good amount of new people. I'm really not looking to be bored. Granted, on the weekdays, I won't mind minding my own business and doing what I have to do, but on the weekends I'm going to want to party. Now I also have looked into Ft. Lauderdale and was wondering what's best. Basically though I'm interested in Tampa. I'll be attending Hillsborough Comm. College if I go with Tampa and was wondering where's the best place to be for both somewhat fast beach access, good nightlife, and a quick ride to my school. Any suggestions? Help!

Just for the hell of it, I think the best situation for me would be if my school was closest, the beach not far off, and the nightlife could be a decent ride away (hopefully some public transportation. after all, I'll be wasted.)
Aim for the NW part of Tampa, near the Veteran's Expressway. You can be at Fort DeSoto (one of the best beaches in the world) or Clearwater Beach (nightlife) in less than an hour.

Somewhere off Ehrlich/North Dale Mabry sounds good for you...

Old 06-16-2007, 03:06 PM

381 posts, read 1,686,094 times
I don't mean to butt in, but, did I miss something? Did they change the minimum drinking age in FL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay