U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 01:12 PM

1,342 posts, read 1,809,187 times

Advertisements

I often wonder and I ask around here if people think Tampa has a bright future or not whether it be for employment, jobs, new people moving in, the city emptying out.. what?

I ask since in 5 months or so I am considering Tampa to move from Manatee County. I need to leave here and I feel Tampa matches my way of life at least quite more than Sarasota/Bradenton. I feel there is potential with Tampa and I hear some sectors are gaining employment.
I hear rents are dropping as is the rest of America. As far as neighborhoods, Id live near Downtown or in Downtown, Hyde park, or even a lesser place as long as gunshots werent hitting my house all the time or passing right by it.
I find Tampa on the whole is a city that offers even a more favorable life than St Pete does, and for sure definitely more than Sarasota since its way less expensive. Thoughts?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 06:27 AM

27,798 posts, read 28,007,594 times
doubt if you'll see a big difference economically between Manatee and Hillsborough since in the same region - Sarasota/Bradenton/Tampa/St Pete is pretty much all one area that shares a lot as far as jobs, real estate, crime is concerned, right?

Old 05-02-2010, 07:14 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,987,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
doubt if you'll see a big difference economically between Manatee and Hillsborough since in the same region - Sarasota/Bradenton/Tampa/St Pete is pretty much all one area that shares a lot as far as jobs, real estate, crime is concerned, right?
I agree.

While there are more jobs here- there are more people too. I know people that commute from sarasota and bradenton to tampa for work.

what type of work are you in?

Old 05-02-2010, 09:19 AM

15,861 posts, read 33,263,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
I agree.

While there are more jobs here- there are more people too. I know people that commute from sarasota and bradenton to tampa for work.
Exactly - my husband is one of them.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
I agree.

what type of work are you in?
I will be in Massage therapy at that time.

I hear it does pretty well in Tampa.

I dont consider Tampa at all the same as Sarasota. I think theres cultural differences.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:26 AM

27,798 posts, read 28,007,594 times
It would seem to me that a massage person would do better in Sarasota/Bradenton since that area has more resorts and leisure acitivities than Tampa. St Pete seems to share a lot of the cultural stuff w/ Sarasota.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
It would seem to me that a massage person would do better in Sarasota/Bradenton since that area has more resorts and leisure acitivities than Tampa. St Pete seems to share a lot of the cultural stuff w/ Sarasota.
I dont care for Sarasota/Bradenton though. I want Tampa or St Pete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or