Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 12:25 AM

149 posts, read 467,224 times

Advertisements

It has been close to 90 everyday for quite a while now. I'm fairly new to the area but the averages don't show it getting much hotter than this in the summer. This is no big deal...

Some people just can't handle the heat, and Florida/Arizona/Nevada/Texas/Georgia..etc are not meant for those folks. They need to move way up north where there is only about a month of hot and humid days per year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 09:09 AM

357 posts, read 799,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS1 View Post

Some people just can't handle the heat, and Florida/Arizona/Nevada/Texas/Georgia..etc are not meant for those folks. They need to move way up north where there is only about a month of hot and humid days per year.

Florida and Georgia don't belong in the list with Arizona, Nevada, and most of Texas. See dry heat versus humidity. Completely different thing.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:05 AM

149 posts, read 467,224 times
Maybe I shouldn't have said "humid". 125 in Phoenix will feel like a convection oven. Houston gets nasty in the summer with temps over 100 and high humidity. SC and NC have their share of humid weather also, and it's especially nasty inland with no breezes. It gets very hot in all these areas is what I'm trying to say. There are different types of heat but I doubt the people complaining in this thread would enjoy any of these climates.

This area of Florida rarely if ever gets over 95.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Not much heat here on the FL ridge today. Below 75° right now.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:05 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
You have it made there Matt. A lot of people would trade the life with you in a heart beat. What is in So Cal that you don't have here? Not to mention the never ending comfort of living at home. Other things. What would give you the quality of life you seek?

What is the compromise you make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_sfl View Post
I'd like to live in Beverly Hills, CA. Seriously, I was google mapping it, and it just looked like a clean, safe southern California neighborhood. I could definitely see myself happy there. However I can't afford to live there at this point in my life. So it's not always as simple as packing your car up and driving. So I live in St. Petersburg with my mom instead. I suppose there are worse places I could live, however St. Pete is still a compromise for me. But she cuts me a good deal on rent, keeps the place ice cold (have to use a blanket at night), makes dinner for me, and even does my laundry.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
With sunny skies I'm going hot for hot 'n spicy Chinese food today including a stop at Dunkin Donuts and Wally World and Publix. Working on that summer tan so that once the water is warm enough to dip I don't look anemic. Just itching for some salt water time.

Just was up in NYC for a wedding. Everybody was white a a ghost. They looked ill. Then I ran into another gentlemen with a fairly rich tan. Yep.
From Orlando. I think us 3 or 4 Floridians there stood out among the pasty whites.

I havent found decent Schezwan food in Spring Hill but some EXCELLENT Cantonese in Hudson. I seek recommendations.

81 in the Big-G today. Getting to be time to clean up the beach stuff, silicone the beach chairs, check for leaks in the inflatable chair/raft.

Gotta love it.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:21 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Just was up in NYC for a wedding. Everybody was white a a ghost. They looked ill. Then I ran into another gentlemen with a fairly rich tan. Yep.
From Orlando. I think us 3 or 4 Floridians there stood out among the pasty whites.

I havent found decent Schezwan food in Spring Hill but some EXCELLENT Cantonese in Hudson. I seek recommendations.

81 in the Big-G today. Getting to be time to clean up the beach stuff, silicone the beach chairs, check for leaks in the inflatable chair/raft.

Gotta love it.
By June 1st I'll be dipping in the big hot tub. Tan is good except for tan lines from flip flops.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 PM

427 posts, read 1,093,312 times
I'm real grateful of my living conditions here. Hell my mom made t bone steaks tonight. This is a place that I can really forge ahead. Tomorrow I work all day then head to USF for a 4 hour night class. As for California, I don't know where exactly I'll be 3 years from now. But Los Angeles, CA looks like a pretty exciting city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You have it made there Matt. A lot of people would trade the life with you in a heart beat. What is in So Cal that you don't have here? Not to mention the never ending comfort of living at home. Other things. What would give you the quality of life you seek?

What is the compromise you make?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:57 AM

Sounds good. Save up some bucks, do the same things people coming here are doing, get info, learn all you can and then go for it. You are probably young. You need to experience, see whats out there and find the place that suites you best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_sfl View Post
I'm real grateful of my living conditions here. Hell my mom made t bone steaks tonight. This is a place that I can really forge ahead. Tomorrow I work all day then head to USF for a 4 hour night class. As for California, I don't know where exactly I'll be 3 years from now. But Los Angeles, CA looks like a pretty exciting city.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:02 AM

18,118 posts, read 11,753,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Looks like that time of year is here two weeks early, with highs in the 90's and lows in the mid 70's. We will have 5 months of hell.

Oh! Thank you! I will enjoy the highest 90's HOT weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay