Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 04:41 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,238,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by levamp59 View Post
I've been there in those months too!! Still love it! Believe it or not, not everyone in the world thinks Colorado is so wonderful. Especially Colorado Springs.
I'll take the Tampa Bay area too far over Colorado Springs and especially Denver. The heat is tolerable here. It actually feels pretty darn good on joints with arthritis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 04:47 PM

17,465 posts, read 38,864,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I'll take the Tampa Bay area too far over Colorado Springs and especially Denver. The heat is tolerable here. It actually feels pretty darn good on joints with arthritis.
I was just telling my hubby that exact same thing! Even though it is hotter than normal here in Sarasota for this time of year, it doesn't seem to be bothering me at all - in fact, I am feeling pretty darn good!

Getting chocolate-y tan, too!!

Old 06-25-2010, 04:54 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,085,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I was just telling my hubby that exact same thing! Even though it is hotter than normal here in Sarasota for this time of year, it doesn't seem to be bothering me at all - in fact, I am feeling pretty darn good!

Getting chocolate-y tan, too!!
If anyone sees a huge bright flash in the sky around the Tampa Bay around July 18th, do not panic! It will be the sun reflecting off my pasty white skin into the stratosphere. This phenomenon may exist for a couple days until I get a base tan. I apologize in advance.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:34 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,249,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
If anyone sees a huge bright flash in the sky around the Tampa Bay around July 18th, do not panic! It will be the sun reflecting off my pasty white skin into the stratosphere. This phenomenon may exist for a couple days until I get a base tan. I apologize in advance.

LOL

Do not worry, you won't be alone.

The Florida beach lifeguards tell many of those white pasty northerners to get some sun tan lotion on.

I have heard this so many times on the Florida beaches it is not longer funny.

If I were you I would not be sleeping at night knowing I was close to being on my way to Florida.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:14 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,085,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
LOL

Do not worry, you won't be alone.

The Florida beach lifeguards tell many of those white pasty northerners to get some sun tan lotion on.

I have heard this so many times on the Florida beaches it is not longer funny.

If I were you I would not be sleeping at night knowing I was close to being on my way to Florida.

Ha! I wish I was that excited. We are excited but still with so many things to do and hours of work ahead of us before going we're exhausted at night.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:54 PM

30,173 posts, read 20,894,173 times
You guys still like temps in the upper 90's and no rain for weeks at a time?

Old 06-26-2010, 07:21 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,238,024 times
It's been raining on me a couple times a week. Must be doing something right. Heat makes Arthur back off.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:47 PM

749 posts, read 2,427,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
You guys still like temps in the upper 90's and no rain for weeks at a time?
Why sure....... the upper 90's are fine indoors and the rain isn't a problem, the roof doesn't leak anyhow.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:46 PM

149 posts, read 465,282 times
I'm having a hard time forcing myself to go outside into the heat. Is this normal or are you guys out there no matter what? I mean, it's kind of like the winters up north...just too uncomfortable to want to spend time outside.

It's a little depressing actually because summer time is supposed to be the time of year to be out and about, and it's exactly the opposite of that and what I'm used to.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,016,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS1 View Post
I'm having a hard time forcing myself to go outside into the heat. Is this normal or are you guys out there no matter what? I mean, it's kind of like the winters up north...just too uncomfortable to want to spend time outside.

It's a little depressing actually because summer time is supposed to be the time of year to be out and about, and it's exactly the opposite of that and what I'm used to.
Theres a few of us who cant stand very hot and humid weather which is why i moved from Florida to Montreal,yeah it gets cold in the winter up here but i can bundle up and be quite comfortable going outside unlike Florida where the unrelenting heat and humidity keep me imprisoned in air-conditioned environments for a good part of the year.
However my situation is rare as most people seem to love Floridas summer weather
For all those who plan on relocating to Florida, now is the time to take that exploratory vacation to see if you like Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay