Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:27 PM

254 posts, read 790,222 times

Advertisements

Thanks Alaskash! So, there are some people who commutes fr orlando to Tampa!!! Maybe we should carpool together!!! ha-ha-ha! I have looked at Lakeland but some say that the high school there is not great and being that we can't afford private schools, we need to be in a place w/a great/good school! Do you know of any communities/cities we can look at w/good schools? Is traffic that bad really from Orlando to Tampa? Do you have any idea how the schools are in lakeland? High school? I commute an hr each way now but it's a straight drive, hardly any traffic at all! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 12:32 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Check on this news for today for crime in Brandon.

Brandon residents stunned by crime

Old 05-06-2010, 12:57 PM

254 posts, read 790,222 times
Default Brandon

Yikes! That's scary!!!

Old 05-06-2010, 03:12 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixau27 View Post
Thanks Alaskash! So, there are some people who commutes fr orlando to Tampa!!! Maybe we should carpool together!!! ha-ha-ha! I have looked at Lakeland but some say that the high school there is not great and being that we can't afford private schools, we need to be in a place w/a great/good school! Do you know of any communities/cities we can look at w/good schools? Is traffic that bad really from Orlando to Tampa? Do you have any idea how the schools are in lakeland? High school? I commute an hr each way now but it's a straight drive, hardly any traffic at all! Thanks.
Sorry, I cannot answer any of your questions. I do not live in Tampa, yet. Look at greatschools to read about the high school in Lakeland. Personally I do not just go by the rating the school gets, I feel as though comments about the school is much more insightful.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:32 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,320,277 times
Brandon areas South of 60 East of Kings Ave...that's the better areas. Crime is mostly Hoodlum teens that are killing each other or drug related. The crime across the Tampa Bay region IMO has been on the rise. I can post links of home invasions all over Tampa from Hyde Park SoHo area all the way to Pasco so it isn't fair to say Brandon is an issue. Again, most of the idiots seem to be killing themselves (each other), not that this makes me like it any better in my town. That's for sure. I could do without it all together! As for schools there are some good schools. Bloomingdale is a good HS as is Riverview if you cannot afford Private. Further East if one has to drive to Orlando I would go into Lakeland and WinterHaven. Not Plant City. Can't speak on their schools though.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:49 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Check on this news for today for crime in Brandon.

Brandon residents stunned by crime
How horrible. And I actually go to the FOI. Sure glad I didn't have an appt there that day.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:56 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Its interesting how peope can be murdered in Beverly Hills, but people still think its a good neighborhood. Yet when a person is murdered in a middle class neighborhood it suddenly becomes a place to avoid.

I only avoid areas that have constant violence or have serial killers on the loose. lol

Old 08-15-2010, 11:42 AM

3 posts, read 3,397 times
I lived in Brandon for 12 years, but my husbands job took us back to Indiana. I love Brandon! You are close to EVERYTHING! They have really built Brandon up, and its so close to Orlando and Tampa. Out of all the schools, there are a few that I liked, the rest are horrible and have way to many students for them to handle! The housing is a litle more expensive, but if you live in Orlando, you know that Brandon is MUCH cheaper. I dont understand if the people that have written about Brandon, lived under a bridge, its so nice and the shopping is also great! Overall-Great place to live if you want a nice town and to be close to everything at a cheaper price! Oh and its only 1 hr. 20 min. to Orland, 15 min. to B. Gardens. Someone complained about traffic-If you live in Florida, its just a part of living here, get used to it or go live in the cold mid-West in a little off the road town-This is the Sunsine State and its packed full of people for a reason!

Old 08-15-2010, 11:44 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw1 View Post
I lived in Brandon for 12 years, but my husbands job took us back to Indiana. I love Brandon! You are close to EVERYTHING! They have really built Brandon up, and its so close to Orlando and Tampa. Out of all the schools, there are a few that I liked, the rest are horrible and have way to many students for them to handle! The housing is a litle more expensive, but if you live in Orlando, you know that Brandon is MUCH cheaper. I dont understand if the people that have written about Brandon, lived under a bridge, its so nice and the shopping is also great! Overall-Great place to live if you want a nice town and to be close to everything at a cheaper price! Oh and its only 1 hr. 20 min. to Orland, 15 min. to B. Gardens. Someone complained about traffic-If you live in Florida, its just a part of living here, get used to it or go live in the cold mid-West in a little off the road town-This is the Sunsine State and its packed full of people for a reason!
Or maybe they don't like it because parts of Brandon are suburban hell.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:50 AM

3 posts, read 3,397 times
I also read about people going to Orlando for work while living in Brandon. NO! Do not do that! Orlando is full of people on vacation and the traffic is HORRIBLE at rush hour(when you would be going or coming from the job). Try some were closer like Lakeland, not Winterhaven(hate it), it would take forever to get home in the evening, but to just visiting Orlando since there is so much to do, Brandon is great for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay