U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 06:06 AM

313 posts, read 814,616 times

Advertisements

You'll be sick when you read this... NO EXCUSES AETNA or UH

Strangers' medical histories end up in Safety Harbor woman's mailbox - St. Petersburg Times
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 06:18 AM

14,790 posts, read 21,586,521 times
Why am I not surprised ? Im really not . Just like im not surprised at bp saying that they were not responsible for the oil spill mess. No one is responsible for anything anymore .

Old 05-06-2010, 07:14 AM

4,600 posts, read 7,194,820 times
Just unbelievable, isn't it??

Old 05-06-2010, 12:38 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,072,852 times
Millions of patients, a few cases of wrong
addresses. I'll live. I do have aetna and I am not worried. Personally I am against traditional mail for anything. There is no reason For this information to not be shared electronically and verified using PKI authentication. Personally i think snail mail needs to come to an end. We should be blaming the practice of sending traditional mail. There is no security in the ancient practice of putting envelopes in a truck and driving to a location, and there is no excuse for it with today's technology and concerns about the environment.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:57 PM

14,790 posts, read 21,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
Millions of patients, a few cases of wrong
addresses. I'll live. I do have aetna and I am not worried. Personally I am against traditional mail for anything. There is no reason For this information to not be shared electronically and verified using PKI authentication. Personally i think snail mail needs to come to an end. We should be blaming the practice of sending traditional mail. There is no security in the ancient practice of putting envelopes in a truck and driving to a location, and there is no excuse for it with today's technology and concerns about the environment.
so you want to put hundreds of ppl out of work by closing the post office that is what would happen . Omg that is so not an answer to anything with skyrocketing unemployment the last thing we need is to put more ppl out of work . Not the old system of snail mail to blame it is the health care industry period .

Old 05-06-2010, 06:45 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,072,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
so you want to put hundreds of ppl out of work by closing the post office that is what would happen . Omg that is so not an answer to anything with skyrocketing unemployment the last thing we need is to put more ppl out of work . Not the old system of snail mail to blame it is the health care industry period .
That is the dumbest reason to keep an archiac form of communication. That is unbelievably absurd. With the web being extremely accessible and more then capible of providing the most convienient and cost effective form of communication to include a vehicle for recieving/paying bills, the US Postal service is essentially a junk mail delivery service. Times have changed, get with the program.

Maybe we should reopen steel mills to revitalize pittsburgh and provide people with jobs.

Lets keep spending billions of tax dollars on a dying system by providing jobs to overpaid, underqualified people that deliver pizza hut and carpet cleaning service coupons which I will never use. Every day I get so much junk mail that I NEVER look at. you should see the garbage pale near the mailboxes in my community, it is sad how much paper is in there.

Lastly, this issue HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HEALTHCARE REFORM. NOTHING. This is like watching a drunk driver run over a child and blaming the auto industry.

I never actually said this was the US Postal Services fault, but there is no security in the mail service. The system just makes information availible to anyone who wants it with little regard for privacy. I could EASILY walk outside right now, open any mailbox and find out a lot of information about the people living there. The fact that the US Postal Service appeals to anyone for any reason other then shipping packages is absolutely rediculous.

and FYI, the USPS has 596,000 employees. slightly larger then "hundreds".

Oh, and 218,000 vehicles... but we want to keep those oil companies in business too, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay