Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times

Advertisements

I travel to Tampa on business and would welcome any info on healthy organic breakfast restaurants in the area. My client is downtown, but I stay mostly out by Westshore. Thanks ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 12:29 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,653,627 times
What is your idea of healthy? Coffee, Scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuits? Or herbal tea, buckwheat pancakes, and fresh fruit? Would a smoothie do? Do you need a place for lunch and dinner too? Do you prefer vegetarian or vegan?

Old 05-18-2010, 02:02 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
The herbal tea, buckwheat pancakes and fresh fruit sounds better to me. I'm not vegetarian, but do like to eat healthy. Sure, lunch & dinner suggestions would be appreciated as well !!

Old 05-18-2010, 03:11 PM

I don't think there is anything like that here in Tampa. There are a few places that might be acceptable. First Watch is a nice place for breakfast and maybe lunch. Look at their menu: First Watch - Breakfast Menu. They have a location at 520 Tampa St (813-307-9006) in downtown Tampa.

Another place you might want to look into, though it is not a restaurant and I don't think they serve breakfast is The Village Health Market. Here is their website: Village Health Market Tampa, FL. Chef Mike is a very nice person who has done some catering for several events. Perhaps you can call him up and tell him what you are looking for. Maybe he can whip you up a nice breakfast. They do have a sit down area.

Right next door to them is a very nice bakery/restaurant (Pane Rustica): Pane Rustica Bakery & Cafe - Zagat Rated South Tampa Restaurant

I will ask around for other places for you.

There are vegan/vegetarian places you might enjoy: Grass Roots is a nice restaurant. The neighborhood is not great, but the food is good. Tampa Vegan Vegetarian Raw Restaurant - Grass Root

Old 05-19-2010, 09:13 AM

I asked a friend of mine who is a vegan who does as much organic as possible. She said there are many restaurants in the Westshore mall area that are good, but none that she knows of is organic. She emailed a friend of hers who lives near there. If she has any suggestions other than what I already suggested, I will let you know.

My friend did suggest a website: VegTampaBay.com - Tampa Restaurants. Even though it is for vegetarians, the many of the restaurants also serve nonvegetarian options. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:15 PM

Okay, one more restaurant. I have never eaten there, but it sounds a bit healthier than most places and it is right near or in the Westshore mall: Seasons 52 - Menu - About Our Menu

Old 05-19-2010, 10:47 PM

10 posts, read 31,067 times
Great links! Really helpful information and much more selection that Waffle House/IHOP and other greasy fare.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:46 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
Mimi's Cafe has a selection of healthy, lower calorie fare on their breakfast menu and is a great casual place.

Grassroots is an organic cafe that is near downtown that as far as I can remember serves lunch/dinner.

Seasons 52 is good, not great in my opinion, but its a healthy choice.

Consciousness Blossoms is not far from Tampa in Palm Harbor that serves healthy vegan/vegetarian foods.

Tampa is not exactly the mecca of healthy/organic/vegetarian.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:55 AM

I don't know if you have already come and gone to Tampa. A friend of mine just now emailed me with a nice list of places.

L'Eden Restaurant - Downtown Tampa
00 North Tampa Street
Tampa, FL 33602
(813) 221-4795
More info: http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=336428&rpid=3406
**Not open Sunday
Great food - the only "fruit cup" I've ever had that included strawberries, blueberries and pineapple!

Pink Flamingo Cafe - on Davis Island
304 East Davis Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33606-3705
(813) 251-2928More info: http://www.pinkflamingo.us
*Very busy on Sundays especially - don't go hungry because there will be a wait

Daily Eats in Hyde Park - http://www.dailyeatstampa.com
- La Creperia in Ybor City - www.lacreperiacafe.com (not South Tampa but worth a short drive)
- Zudar's Deli in Hyde Park - http://www.zudarsdeli.com/

These are all not too far from where you said you would be staying and traveling to.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:27 AM

4 posts, read 9,988 times
Thumbs up Great Breakfast& Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
I travel to Tampa on business and would welcome any info on healthy organic breakfast restaurants in the area. My client is downtown, but I stay mostly out by Westshore. Thanks ...

DownTown you gotta try the Jackson Street Bistro- healthy choices, real egg whites, real eggs,if you know what I mean great quality & service. It is in the lobby of SunTrust Financial Centre, chic, but super reasonable for down town Sister store is in Palm Harbor same great food in a more neighborhood setting with plenty of outside seating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay