U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 09:20 AM

131 posts, read 294,655 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My husband and I have begun trying to plan our move to the Tampa Bay area in the spring. We currently live in Columbia, SC. I work at a 200 bed catholic hospital as a clinical application coordinator and I am curious as to what hospitals you would recommend for me to apply at. The possibilities in the bay area far surpass what Columbia has to offer, but since there are SO MANY hospitals I'm not really sure where to start. Of course, whatever hospital I end up at I would like to live less than 30 minutes away (if possible).

My husband (29) and I (25) are looking forward to being near a beach, nice restaurants and shopping. We are also looking forward to starting some new water related hobbies. We aren't huge into the small town vibe, we love convenience and having lots of options for things to do without a long drive. We weren't sure if we should go for a condo downtown, or buy a house in Clearwater, St pete, or maybe something more inland. Not sure if we will buy or rent to start out with, but we would like to get a house somewhere between $150-180k. Can anyone point me in a direction of a nice hospital to work out with a nice area nearby to live? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much!!
Candace
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 01:44 PM

219 posts, read 559,507 times
It sounds as if where you live is more important than where you work! No harm there! I would suggest finding the area you want to live and then look at what is close from there.

I work at a hospital in the bay area and I'm about 15 minutes from it. My wife works at another hospital that is about 30-40 min (depending on traffic).

You will hear good and bad about all the hospitals in the area. Take it all with a grain of salt. I have worked at many hospitals throughout my career and they all have goods and bads. So find what suits you.

There are hospitals in the Clearwater/St. Pete area but the larger hospitals are inland. We live in Wesley Chapel/New Tampa area which we love. We have everything we need around us and we are only about 40 minutes from the beach (again...depending on traffic). We would like to be closer to the beach but we are pretty centrally located. I have a couple of nurses who work for me that live in Clearwater/St. Pete and they don't mind the drive in but it can be a bear in rush hour...especially getting across the bridge that connects the areas.

TGH is a great hospital as is St. Joes. UCH is about to merge with Florida Hospital/Adventist group so expect great things from that system here soon. I am not overly familiar with the hospitals on the other side of the bay.

BTW, we moved here from Charlotte just over a year ago and haven't regretted it a minute. One of my best friends lives in your area and we spend a lot of time in Columbia.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay