Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 11:39 AM

261 posts, read 260,811 times

Advertisements

I lived in Largo for 10 years and Riverview for 5 so i seen both sides of the bay. I actually enjoyed Largo better than Riverview which is adjacent to Brandon and 13 miles southeast of Tampa. By no means is largo rural its in the most densely populated county in the state.

Positives of Largo would be- Largo is Close to the beaches, There is a lot of Good and affordable restaurants and bars throughout the City, Largo medical is a good hospital and medical Center, Largo also has a lot of activities and good City parks and overall good city governmental structure. There clearly is a More older population in Largo than other areas of the Bay in some neighborhoods meaning less noise usually and people take care of properties for the most part. Its pretty much built out so additional urban sprawl probably wont not be too much.
Negatives of Largo- Traffic can be horrific especially us 19, Ulmerton Road, East bay and Seminole Blvd. There is a Very high motor vehicle and pedestrian accident rates, There is also ghetto higher crime sections of town such as rainbow village off Ulmerton and 134 and areas off Missouri and Rosary Road, Rent and insurances have risen considerably just like much of Tampa Bay so that is everywhere. , Largo commuting sucks- Most of the jobs in the area are in Tampa or North St Pete so commuting through terrible traffic is most of the time a must for many people.

Last edited by paradiselost; 06-03-2016 at 12:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 11:31 PM

43 posts, read 55,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBeer View Post
You obviously haven't seen all of Largo, you are trolling, or both. Given your past posts, I'll assume the latter. With your narrow and conservative views of life and people in general indicated by your posts, I'm not surprised that you don't like it/fit in here. Also, things have changed in the last 6 years. The economy is very different than it was back then, and reviving an old post and judging an area by it's context isn't really fair.

For those who don't know about Largo, alot of it is shady. But not all of it. There are some bad parts that resemble carnie villages from 1987 but there are alot of good areas too. I happen to live in a very good, middle-class, quality family area with nice homes, nice people, and a good quality of life. We are far enough away from the bad areas that we don't ever have to deal with them. I paid next to nothing for a house that has doubled in value, in a very nice and desirable area close to everything. There are many nice areas like this in Largo. If you come here looking for the cheapest thing you can find, you won't be in one of the nice areas. But you don't have to spend a fortune to be in a good area.
Is that your answer to everything? Oh I didn't see it all. I haven't obviously seen ALL of Largo. The bottom line is I seen enough. I obviously DRIVE AROUND because I don't desire to stay and lounge around the bad parts of town. I am a very concerned citizen and it concerns me when I see bad elements because knowing a guy like me with my temper, I will snap. I need to be in a nicer area.. I have very little tolerance for riff raff and even more as I age. So yes I more than likely want to pick the places to live that have the least likely chances of running into it or that have a concentrated side of town you don't go to.

See, the problem with Pinellas or a lot of it and much of Mid Pinellas especially is that one pocket is good, one pocket is bad and its that way all over. I hate that especially coming from MA where if you weren't in Boston, it was pretty steady and people lived towns away from the ghetto often times. One town had a bad image, but it was usually next to a good town and then the town after that was put 2 towns away from that so called bad town.. Now do you feel me?? Total opposite of here. A rich town often times was not down the street from a shady hood.

I relate better to anywhere in FL that is less pockety and more consistent so at least you know where NOT to go and when you aren't there, you're around all good stuff for the most part. That's why I am trying to get the hell out of here and return to Sarasota. I can swing a rent that's more expensive.. I was just hoping I wouldn't have to and this area did not look too bad when I initially looked at it but true colors come out if you give them time as seen here. I don't desire EVER AGAIN to feel the mental anguish of trying to wait out a gentrification zone. Some people will foolishly do it though. Gentrification is highly utopian and wont fully succeed because the hood boogers always find their way back in so those liberals better start giving up with that.

And btw, I am not sorry for possibly putting images in your head of a bad area near you.. You probably live in Safety Harbor or something anyhow but nonetheless, I don't care how nice an area you live in, being aware whats around you at all times in this general area is required. Don't think you can fully escape. Its not an option in this concrete jungle.. sorry pal.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post
He is trolling. He was likely kicked off the Forum as Troller 'Giovanni the Great' and now is back. I say to you go back where you came from.
What a nice warm welcome and so nice to see you again luvy duv.. lol.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:36 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,215 times
IMO you should move back to wherever you came from.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
Anyone reading all of these would have a seriously bad impression of a great place to live.
There are a couple of areas that I would not walk at night, but not scared to drive down and daytime not an issue
as previous writers have put, depends on ones perspective - there are homes with seven figure price tags under Largo!

Ya the place is called Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Beach area and Indian Rocks..

Last edited by Sunscape; 06-06-2016 at 07:41 AM..

Old 06-03-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
I lived in Largo for 10 years and Riverview for 5 so i seen both sides of the bay. I actually enjoyed Largo better than Riverview which is adjacent to Brandon and 13 miles southeast of Tampa. By no means is largo rural its in the most densely populated county in the state.

Positives of Largo would be- Largo is Close to the beaches, There is a lot of Good and affordable restaurants and bars throughout the City, Largo medical is a good hospital and medical Center, Largo also has a lot of activities and good City parks and overall good city governmental structure. There clearly is a More older population in Largo than other areas of the Bay in some neighborhoods meaning less noise usually and people take care of properties for the most part. Its pretty much built out so additional urban sprawl probably wont not be too much.
Negatives of Largo- Traffic can be horrific especially us 19, Ulmerton Road, East bay and Seminole Blvd. There is a Very high motor vehicle and pedestrian accident rates, There is also ghetto higher crime sections of town such as rainbow village off Ulmerton and 134 and areas off Missouri and Rosary Road, Rent and insurances have risen considerably just like much of Tampa Bay so that is everywhere. , Largo commuting sucks- Most of the jobs in the area are in Tampa or North St Pete so commuting through terrible traffic is most of the time a must for many people.

This might be one of the best posts.

Yes correct. Largo is close to beaches but cant let it fool you depending on where you go though. I learned the hard way on that. I thought it was quaint, nice or coming up in the world but thought different after the first 2 months or so but I am fully awakened now.. The hood boogers are still there and if you get rid of one or two, one or two more come and they keep coming and a lot goes on under the polices nose too STILL.

Restaurants and bars that are affordable, check. That is true. But again, it goes back to where you are. I initially thought that was cool too.. but I had to see for myself that there was a reason for all this.

The hospital I saw was right near Seminole I believe so ya, anything that gets closer to Seminole and that Publix is good. The Coffee Mill, that area.. yes good place.

Largo is old yes but not as many seniors it doesn't seem.. They gravitate to Palm Harbor more I believe and maybe even more elderly in North St Pete too. I think Largo is old in the sense that its 40s to 60s without as many young people but not the 80s and 90s if you know what I mean.

Traffic.. YES absolutely bad..A gateway for horrible traffic indeed and ulmerton area is terrible.. nothing short of it. East Bay is equal also. Very bad traffic on that road too and US 19. And a lot of it is OLD.. the buildings are in decay many of them on these streets, there is no sign of positive economic growth anywhere. Its very depressed, almost like Appalachia.

At least you see I am a good deal right anyhow, your posts with your list of negatives sums up how I feel and to improve a place, you need to focus on those red flags and negatives to get your house in order.

Last edited by Sunscape; 06-04-2016 at 07:32 AM..

Old 06-04-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
I d nt know if you know this John but Largo also used to be known as the telemarketing capital of Florida. There was tons of boiler rooms throughout the City. Law Enforcement shut a couple of these scams down thankfully. One Large bust in particular was a huge center called suntasia busted off ulmerton maybe like in 2007 or so. There probably still is some that are operating in town. It seems like a lot of Scam Artists from other states like to move to Largo and set up shop. A lot of newcomers move from up north to Largo so its probably easy to get people to work at these places to get a quick job till they figure out what they are getting into.
Oh wow no wonder. That wont bring in a good clientele. Boiler room scams? never heard that term.

And I think Clearwater has some scam work places also. I am not sure if AutoNation is one of those though but anywhere with 1-2 stars is always suspect and why they're hiring often... god only knows. I think this area is a target though for out of state job con artists to supposedly hire people in this area to do nothing work for them where they don't see a dollar of it or whatever. The common sheeple will lose, and many of them are on this forum it seems. The common sheeple will lose if they continue to ignore all the negative. I believe in giving it all the boot personally. Florida needs to put more people to REAL work. REAL jobs. We're running out of time so we better get it right soon.

I wouldn't imagine that these companies are still doing very well if so many people wised up to them though.. theres many stupid people around though and yes, you echoed almost what I said. Out of state con artists sometimes though what I meant was out of state con artists will do phone sales with people from here but they live in Dallas or something. But you said people also move here to set up scam shops too which I also believe could happen. Its all bad no matter how you look at it though.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:40 PM

73 posts, read 92,941 times
I recently moved to Seminole and spent the last two years driving around Seminole and Largo househunting. You cannot classify Largo as a city as being good or bad as a whole, but rather you have to look at it neighborhood specific, or even street by street! For example, there is some pretty sketchy stuff off Starkey to have to drive through to reach the "covetous" Bardmoor neighborhood; our realtor was horrified that the GPS sent us this "back way" to see a house. It is really hard to choose a home without being boots on the ground.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueBSouth View Post
I recently moved to Seminole and spent the last two years driving around Seminole and Largo househunting. You cannot classify Largo as a city as being good or bad as a whole, but rather you have to look at it neighborhood specific, or even street by street! For example, there is some pretty sketchy stuff off Starkey to have to drive through to reach the "covetous" Bardmoor neighborhood; our realtor was horrified that the GPS sent us this "back way" to see a house. It is really hard to choose a home without being boots on the ground.

Oh I believe it! I go to Bardmoor once in awhile. I like going to Ash Brothers over there every now and then. Nice pocket but ya all the crap around it is pretty bad. I talked with someone yesterday about this and compared Seminole to Largo. I asked him if he thought both were the same and said how someone else told me they thought it was, he goes oh no.. Seminole has more nicer areas and Largo has more undesirables. Actually I see that too. Outside of that area on Missouri, I don't think Seminole really has anywhere too bad.

Last edited by Sunscape; 06-05-2016 at 05:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay