Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 09:35 AM

9 posts, read 15,253 times

Advertisements

I will be working near the TPA International Airport. Can anyone tell me how long of a commute (in rush-hour traffic) it would be to drive to Clearwater or Palm Harbor? I would prefer living near the beach, but I have a feeling I would I have a very long commute....?

Also, since I will be new to the area. Does anyone recommend a certain area for newbie’s? My boyfriend and I are in our mid twenties. We would like to live somewhere that has everything readily accessible. Grocery stores and cafes should be in walking distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 01:09 PM

369 posts, read 844,049 times
If you're working near TPA I suggest not living in Clearwater or St Pete. The commute will be awful. Town and Country will be a good place. Your commute will be short, you'll be 40 min from Clearwater Beach, and 2 min from the Bay. Plus the great night life of Tampa. As far as places to live, check out renting a home or condo. You can probably find a waterfront condo in Bayside Village or Bay Pointe. I moved from MN to Tampa in 2005. You guys gonna be looking for a Vikings Bar during football season?

Old 06-04-2010, 09:55 PM

109 posts, read 279,938 times
Default MN to Tampa too!

We live in St. Paul and will be moving to St. Pete or Tampa this summer! We are a little older, mid 30's and have a 7 yr old son so we have lots of different concerns (schools-MN is known for it's wonderful schools!).

But anyways, good luck to you with your move!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:41 AM

6 posts, read 14,312 times
I live in Lakeville MN, suburb of MPLS/St. Paul and we are moving to Trinity in a week. Spent months researching the area for schools, crime, entertainment, etc and found Trinity to be very family friendly. We have spent some time down there in the last couple months and love it already! We are well within all the conveniences and beaches. The schools are Grade A and comparible to School district 196, which is one of the top districts in MN.
We would be interested in where the Viking bar is.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 AM

305 posts, read 610,927 times
Which High School is in your area (Trinity)?

Old 06-09-2010, 07:50 AM

63 posts, read 287,315 times
I live in Tampa and visited a friend in Minnesota last month for the first time and LOVED it there. Why are y'all moving to Tampa? Just curious. I know the winters there must be awful but I have to say, I really did love it there and it made me wish maybe I lived there!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:23 AM

We are a young couple, looking for change. We may move back to Minneapolis when we decide to have kids (2-3 years) or maybe we will move again! I have lived in Minnesota my entire life and I want to experience something different. I'm young enough, so why not?

Old 06-09-2010, 08:26 AM

Can anyone tell me....how expensive it is to live near the bay? What areas near or close to the airport are set up with cafes and grocery stores in walking distance? We would look into renting an apartment 1-2 bed or townhome. I want a safe, nice neighborhood. We are willing to spend more on rent......

Old 06-10-2010, 11:44 AM

3 posts, read 5,283 times
Safety Harbor....it's on the bay.......close to the beach, airport and not a bad commute to downtown Tampa.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 AM

63 posts, read 287,315 times
Sasha - if i were you I would look in Hyde Park. Its a great area for singles. Look at Post Hyde Park.

Luxury Apartment Homes - Post Properties - Furnished Apartments - Retail - Condominiums

Yes its a little more money but worth it, I lived there with my DH when we were engaged. lots of places within walking distance, bars, restaurants, close to Bayshore Blvd where you can walk, bike and run along the bay. Very safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay