Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 05:47 PM

525 posts, read 406,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Cut your losses. Learn from this situation.
Daycare-teacher-public-private...it's a small community.
Employers/employees will talk if you leave on bad terms.
Walk away with your head and conscious clear.
Reputations follow whether good or bad.
Best of luck on your next job.
And please don't trash talk students, parents, school or director. Try to take the high road personally and professionally.

Yes you are right! I forgot to mention that she stood up in my dad's face looking for an altercation. We both kept our posture in walked away

Last edited by toobusytoday; 11-21-2016 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: fixed typos

Old 11-21-2016, 05:49 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious View Post
So someone is withholding my check and this is what I read
Do you think that trashing photos of the children is the action of a mature adult? More like a five year old leaving and taking his/her toys away.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Do you think that trashing photos of the children is the action of a mature adult? More like a five year old leaving and taking his/her toys away.
She didn't appreciate those pictures no way. She complained about them too much. I just got them and left. I also do not want her taking any credit of what I do.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:58 PM

She also tried to claim that the can goods my students donated to the local shelter were hers.
They weren't her's nor were the activity her idea. That was my idea. I told them that I will be taking the can goods to the shelter before thanksgiving during my time of employment. I am not sure what argument an tried to start with that one. Those young kids collected all those can goods for the needy and I was so proud of them for that. I gave them to the shelter and emailed her the donation slip. I have any need to be on the premises

Old 11-21-2016, 06:02 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
I'll give you a tip for the future about purchasing things for the classroom. Please label every item that you bring from home or purchase, with your own money, in a specific way. Such as Ms. Curious with a red star after your name and only label your items that way. And, of course, save receipts.

When you are packing up it will be easy to sort things. I know one teacher who kept a detailed list of every single item on her computer. You may think that you will remember but that is not always the case, especially if you have been teaching a long time. Having a special way of labeling items will also help you get items back if you loan them to other teachers. Fellow teachers were also borrowing stuff from me or my classroom and forgetting to return it. At least with a label you can prove that it is yours.

BTW, the year that I retired from teaching I had over 1,000 children's books that I had purchased with my own money (some were books that used to belong to my children when they were young) in my classroom. Just imagine how long it took to sort out classroom books that were purchased with school money and the books that owned that I purchased with my own money. After a while you will need a system to keep track of things.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:03 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
Quote:
She didn't appreciate those pictures no way. She complained about them too much. I just got them and left. I also do not want her taking any credit of what I do.
It's not about her it's about the kids. You really don't get it do you?

Old 11-21-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I'll give you a tip for the future about purchasing things for the classroom. Please label every item that you bring from home or purchase, with your own money, in a specific way. Such as Ms. Curious with a red star after your name and only label your items that way. And, of course, save receipts.

When you are packing up it will be easy to sort things. I know one teacher who kept a detailed list of every single item on her computer. You may think that you will remember but that is not always the case, especially if you have been teaching a long time. Having a special way of labeling items will also help you get items back if you loan them to other teachers. Fellow teachers were also borrowing stuff from me or my classroom and forgetting to return it. At least with a label you can prove that it is yours.

BTW, the year that I retired from teaching I had over 1,000 children's books that I had purchased with my own money (some were books that used to belong to my children when they were young) in my classroom. Just imagine how long it took to sort out classroom books that were purchased with school money and the books that owned that I purchased with my own money. After a while you will need a system to keep track of things.
I did not bring in much just a few items I would use for instruction so I knew exactly what I brought.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:05 PM

3,070 posts, read 5,232,094 times
Quote:
Yes you are right! I forgot to mention that she stood up in my dad's face looking for an altercation. We both kept out posture in walled away
Regardless of the unprofessionalism shown by her (and it's clear that she lacks professionalism), you've shown yourself to be equally unprofessional. Your father should not have been present. You should have not have cleared out over the weekend, there was apparently no notice given?

You quit over feeling insulted by an evaluation and ran back to mommy and daddy, having daddy there to resolve conflict. That's embarrassing. You're going to have to do a lot of growing up before you get to a real school. And yeah, I'm not much older than you. Your age is no excuse for this.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
It's not about her it's about the kids. You really don't get it do you?
Now that you put it that way, yes it is wrong that I took those from the kids. I am upset at the fact that I will not be able to see those kids grow.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:06 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
Quote:
I do care about the kids however, those things were mine and I needed them for the new group of students.
You needed their pictures? I think not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching