Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 12:52 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,070,656 times

Advertisements

Pick a bathroom - any bathroom. Close the door. Pee. Wash your hands. Return to class.

Why is this challenging?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 12:52 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,753,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDMP77 View Post
It's not just bathrooms but locker rooms also. It is a privacy issue. There's also the issue of the people pushing these policies trying to redefine what it means to be a man and a woman. There is a lot of stuff being pushed into the schools along with these bathroom/locker room policies. They're starting to teach kids about gender identity and gender fluidity. It's blatant social engineering and indoctrination. I expect the public school system to teach my kids how to read, write and do math, not talk to them about how some boys have vaginas and some girls have penises. Parents need to fight this crap.
It is actually science. Biology tells us that sex is fluid, many species change genders during their lifetime, many humans are actually born intersex, some women are genetically male, and many other issues that challenge the notion that sex and gender are binary.

For example did you know there are people who are born girls, and around 12 or 13 become male?

Schools are just recognizing that there are are more than one way to be male and more than one way to be female. But if it bothers you that your kids are using the bathroom with whomever, just tell them to use the bathroom in the nurses office. Easy peasy.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
I'll never understand why some people can't understand something so simple.

It has to do with privacy. In the men's room there are these things called urinals, where those with certain external parts stand. And many school rest rooms, at least the men's, have no stall doors so even sitting is on public display. Or locker rooms with community showers.

This has nothing to do with prejudice for or against transgender and everything to do with keeping certain parts private and not exposed publicly to other parts.
Do you think a transgendered student is going to stand at a stall and gawk? Why do you think that? Gay students don't do that. And most transgendered children do not even identify as gay. Weird.

They are just going to go into a stall, shut the door (and every public school should have stalls with doors on them) and do their business.

And if a transgendered woman (regardless of if she used to be a fully grown man) wants to use the stall next to mine or my daughters, what do I care? I don't think I would even notice.

You seem to be implying that transgendered people are pretending to be transgendered in order to be perverts. Why do you think that? Why do you think stopping transgendered people from using whichever restroom will stop perverts?

Last edited by toobusytoday; 02-19-2017 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: removed previously deleted sentence

Old 02-17-2017, 01:20 PM

168 posts, read 151,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
It is actually science. Biology tells us that sex is fluid, many species change genders during their lifetime, many humans are actually born intersex, some women are genetically male, and many other issues that challenge the notion that sex and gender are binary.

For example did you know there are people who are born girls, and around 12 or 13 become male?

Schools are just recognizing that there are are more than one way to be male and more than one way to be female. But if it bothers you that your kids are using the bathroom with whomever, just tell them to use the bathroom in the nurses office. Easy peasy.
Actually science tells us that there are two sexes and that they are not fluid. I don't know what PC compromised medical journals you've been reading.

Intersex refers to a biologically anomaly which is experienced by an extremely minute fraction of the roughly 8 billion people living today.

Schools and medical science are both succumbing to a very small but extremely vocal and extremely vindictive group in our society with a political agenda. Political correctness irreparably taints the integrity and objectivity of everything it touches. It's cancer.

if it's so friggin easy peasy then why don't the transgender kids use the nurse's office?

Old 02-17-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDMP77 View Post
Actually science tells us that there are two sexes and that they are not fluid. I don't know what PC compromised medical journals you've been reading.
Incorrect. Do you actually want to learn this stuff or are you actually looking for a fight?

BTW, my graduate degree is in biology, so it isn't so much medical journals as scientific ones.

Quote:
Intersex refers to a biologically anomaly which is experienced by a minute fraction of the roughly 8 billion people living today.
You ignored my example. There exist children who are born female, literally physically female, and at age 12 or so become physically male. There are tens of thousands of these people. Clearly, sex is FLUID as it can literally change in many vertebrate including PEOPLE.

Quote:
Schools and medical science are both succumbing to a very small but extremely vocal and extremely vindictive portion of our society with a political agenda. political correctness irreparably tainst the integrity and objectivity of everything it touches. It's cancer.
The existence of the fluidity of sex in animals, including people is FACT. Just because it is uncommon does not mean it is a political agenda. Cystic fibrosis is uncommon yet it still exists, and we have policies in schools to protect those children. Should other children without CF not be inconvenienced just for those kids?

Quote:
if it's so friggin easy peasy then why don't the transgender kids use the nurse's office?
The difference is choice. You want to FORCE those kids to use a particular bathroom. That is not your place to FORCE anyone to do anything. Now if you want YOUR child to use a different bathroom that is your CHOICE and schools should accommodate that CHOICE.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:50 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,880,612 times
My daughter's friend is in high school although I think she is 19. She was born a boy but became a girl last year. She does not like the idea of sex with men and so determined she is a lesbian girl. She has some social issues including a lack of a filter and some self control problems.

So this person has all male parts and wants to have sex with girls. But dresses and identifies as a girl.

Which bathroom/locker room should she use? She can shower with the other high school girls?

Will the parents of students born female tolerate this?

Old 02-17-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
My daughter's friend is in high school although I think she is 19. She was born a boy but became a girl last year. She does not like the idea of sex with men and so determined she is a lesbian girl. She has some social issues including a lack of a filter and some self control problems.

So this person has all male parts and wants to have sex with girls. But dresses and identifies as a girl.

Which bathroom/locker room should she use? She can shower with the other high school girls?

Will the parents of students born female tolerate this?
I don't care what bathroom she uses. And all schools should have separate showers.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:05 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,880,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I don't care what bathroom she uses. And all schools should have separate showers.
Good idea. Do you have 14 trillion dollars handy?

Old 02-17-2017, 04:20 PM

50,911 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
And where did you come up with that number?

And do we only do things if they are cheap, or if they are the right thing to do?

Public showers DO traumatize many kids...and most won't even take showers in gym class for that reason. So what you're saying is: if it is broke, don't fix it.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
14 trillion? In shower doors? Do you just make things up?

First, most schools no longer even have students shower after gym everyday. Two, many schools already have showers with stalls and curtains. Three, of the ones that don't it isn't going to cost trillions to add curtains or doors to shower facilities.

Duh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching