Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 04:21 PM

243 posts, read 885,016 times

Advertisements

If Church Hill has personel taxes on business property, does that mean I have to pay taxes on my computer, desk etc., if I'm doing a home ebay business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 04:22 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,143,688 times
Do you have a business license?

Old 07-05-2007, 04:24 PM

243 posts, read 885,016 times
Default Business

Not until I get there. I want to do everything right.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:08 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,143,688 times
Well, after you get your business license you'll get a nice little note from the local government at some point in the year.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:17 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,247,687 times
Yes, I got one of those notes too several years back, however it only pertained to business that created over a large amount of income and inventory so I really don't think the tax pertains to small business run out of a home. You could check out the state web site. Tennessee.gov there is a whole section on taxes.
Hope that helps.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:38 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,797,149 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Yes, I got one of those notes too several years back, however it only pertained to business that created over a large amount of income and inventory so I really don't think the tax pertains to small business run out of a home. You could check out the state web site. Tennessee.gov there is a whole section on taxes.
Hope that helps.
That's good to know, as I also run a small biz from home, with small inventory, selling on Ebay. Alot of the stuff is either antiques that I've collected over the years or been in the family, or stuff that I've picked up at flea markets. Since Lou and I have combined 2 households, we're both sorting thru storage bins and cleaning out 'stuff'. In fact, I just sold some antique glassware to a gentleman in Nashville TN! But, I've been selling on there for over 8 years, starting out with my HUGE book collection. I buy more than I sell, tho. LOL! But, we've got a house to get updated from the 1950's, so I'm buying to fix up the house, to sell, so we can move to TN ---- well, that and I buy more books to fill in all those new empty spots on my bookshelves......

blessings, Shen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee