U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Relocation from Florida to Rogersville, Tennessee: nearby employment, jobs in area, gas stations, grocery stores, shopping venues, neighborhoods, cost of living, Tennessee outdoors

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,592 times

Advertisements

I found a house near Rogersville, Tennessee for my husband & my dad to move. Are there any jobs in this area or some very close cities? Also can you give me gas stations, grocery shopping, etc. in this area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2006, 05:26 PM

7 posts, read 17,238 times
There is a Wal-Mart in Rogersville, and also two grocery stores. I don't know exactly what type of jobs that you are looking for, but that is a growing area.

Old 05-27-2006, 07:08 PM

302 posts, read 1,350,331 times
My husband and I are also moving toRogersville next fall. such a beautiful area. We bought some land and are going to build. Sunoco and Mobil gas stations. Walmart, Food Lion? Tri cities to the north about 40 minutes with many restraunts and businesses, and Morristown is about 30 minutes South and also has malls, restraunts. I can hardly wait.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,562 times
Default Rogersville, TN

Please all you Yankees.....stay away from Rogersville. I moved here a while back to get away from all the ignorant people from the city and I feel good and at home in Rogersville. I do not want to move again because of the ignorant people. Rogersville is a great place BUT only because the people here are genuine and dont pretend to be anything but who they are. Not like those others (Floridians, New Yorker, Jersey...etc.) All fake people who think that thre crap doesnt stink. Take your million dollar home and $80,000 autombiles and move to California whre nobod cares about you just like you dont care about anyone else.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:17 PM

7,281 posts, read 19,594,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oswald2189 View Post
Please all you Yankees.....stay away from Rogersville. I moved here a while back to get away from all the ignorant people from the city and I feel good and at home in Rogersville. I do not want to move again because of the ignorant people. Rogersville is a great place BUT only because the people here are genuine and dont pretend to be anything but who they are. Not like those others (Floridians, New Yorker, Jersey...etc.) All fake people who think that thre crap doesnt stink. Take your million dollar home and $80,000 autombiles and move to California whre nobod cares about you just like you dont care about anyone else.
Well, I can see you are not a native but that is ok, I wish you a wonderful weekend and a Merrry Christmas

Old 12-07-2007, 08:28 PM

1,291 posts, read 4,250,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oswald2189 View Post

Wow! I'm glad this guy won't be my neighbor when I retire in Tennessee.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:53 PM

39 posts, read 142,426 times
Default Hmmmm, Here I go again,,,,,

Well, I think he might have came across kinda rough but in all honesty I think I understand where he is coming from. I am a Northerner myself and moved here to get away from the same kind of people he mentions.

I think maybe he is saying to not come here and try to change Tennessee. Just come here to be part of Tennessee and the friendliness.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:56 PM

7,281 posts, read 19,594,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreene14 View Post
Well, I think he might have came across kinda rough but in all honesty I think I understand where he is coming from. I am a Northerner myself and moved here to get away from the same kind of people he mentions.

I think maybe he is saying to not come here and try to change Tennessee. Just come here to be part of Tennessee and the friendliness.

Could be. Glad to see you posting again Igreen14!

Old 12-08-2007, 06:51 AM

35,812 posts, read 35,620,833 times
Or he's sick of people saying how beautiful Tennessee is and who then come here and clear the land of what makes it beautiful to put up their huge new houses which they can afford more of because Tennessee is cheaper than where they are coming from. None of them consider buying a home that is already standing because they can all afford a new one so bye-bye trees and pristeen lakes. Then they demand services, stores, schools, and roads which causes the local folks to get a tax hike. Plus when they come in great numbers from elsewhere for a new planned community in a formerly small populated town, they overwhelm the local voters when they vote by their numbers which changes what the formerly nice Tennessee town looks like, the culture and how it is run.

And none of them think you are talking about them when you say rude, obnoxious and putting on airs because they spent all of their lives living in that kind of environment so they don't even recognize what they are.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:50 AM

24,106 posts, read 24,203,767 times
Unhappy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Or he's sick of people saying how beautiful Tennessee is and who then come here and clear the land of what makes it beautiful to put up their huge new houses which they can afford more of because Tennessee is cheaper than where they are coming from. None of them consider buying a home that is already standing because they can all afford a new one so bye-bye trees and pristeen lakes. Then they demand services, stores, schools, and roads which causes the local folks to get a tax hike. Plus when they come in great numbers from elsewhere for a new planned community in a formerly small populated town, they overwhelm the local voters when they vote by their numbers which changes what the formerly nice Tennessee town looks like, the culture and how it is run.

And none of them think you are talking about them when you say rude, obnoxious and putting on airs because they spent all of their lives living in that kind of environment so they don't even recognize what they are.
Just the way it was 30 years ago in Florida. How sad every thing has too be "BLING" now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or