Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:03 AM

6 posts, read 19,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear34 View Post
Yes, I received the HUD report before I signed the contract. Was there any info you were interested in?
Did they give it to you up front or did you have to ask for it. The reason I ask is I was told they were out of them and they would be mailing it to me but havent received it yet. Does it spell out the amenities (clubhouse etc.) that they will be putting in and the roads/utilities? What about the timeframe for getting it done?

Is there anything in the report that concerns you?

I saw in a previous post that you had not closed yet. have you closed?

Old 07-14-2007, 03:46 AM

849 posts, read 2,954,001 times
I'll look over the report and let you know. I did a thorough question and review with the sale person before signing. We didn't make our decision to purchase until we left the area about a week later. I received the HUD report in the mail before I signed anything and they gave me a week to hold the property(without deposit) and read the report.

Why don't you post a list of specific questions and I 'll go over each one on Sunday morning with report in hand? The thing is about 1/2" thick!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:21 AM

4 posts, read 19,999 times
We recently went to SP and happily we viewed some post on this site. They tried to sell us a 3 acre lot that they claim could be split becasue of an easement..."but don't tell anyone before you bid on it". We have since looked at other view property around Jasper and when I went to the zoning and planning they advised us that to split property you have to have 50' on a county road. Unfortunately, the Jasper property (5 acres) was not splitable. The lot# at SP was I think lot 157. It was next to the "Bluffs" a couple of lots down from the club house. I did not see any road activity and could not find the front entrance. When we went to the inital presentation they out-right refused to give me a map like the one on the wall of the different phases - so I took a piece of paper and traced the "Phases". They are NOT CONSECUTIVE so it's hard to follow when you go riding with the agents - I was glad to have my own map. They also resisted showing us any Georgia property saying it wasn't staled. What they do is give you a huge map in each section but it was difficult to remember which section you were in. Also the agents took us to some sights they didn't know - got lost, stuck with 4 wheel drive and had a heck of a time getting out of - On the good side after 8 hours in the woods we got out - received $200 for my husband and I and $200 for my brother. Guess they were happy to be rid of us. They did a lot of "better buy now" stuff but were polite. I wonder what the two homes going up will use for water and electric as they're not up yet. I also wonder about what the club house will really be like and will the entrance be gated. The Bluffs next door has a coded gate and is NOT going under despite what the agent said - people may want to look there for property - it's well established. I love the town of Jasper which is near the Holiday Inn Express which was great. All and all it was a good trip but we'll probably go to private property - I do love the Chatanoogo area.

Last edited by dizzyone; 07-14-2007 at 08:30 AM..

Old 07-14-2007, 08:41 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,311,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear34 View Post
I'll look over the report and let you know. I did a thorough question and review with the sale person before signing. We didn't make our decision to purchase until we left the area about a week later. I received the HUD report in the mail before I signed anything and they gave me a week to hold the property(without deposit) and read the report.

Why don't you post a list of specific questions and I 'll go over each one on Sunday morning with report in hand? The thing is about 1/2" thick!
Please continue you this specific conversation through PM or email.
Thank you.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:42 AM

20 posts, read 92,125 times
Default Be careful

Just a word of caution ref. SP. I posed earlier about problems with my sales contract at/SP and did not close on my lot. My salesperson refused to include the clubhouse in the contract which was not the big issue for me. But, they also refused to include that the lot would at least sustain a three bedroom residence./perk test. At that point I got curious and did due diligence on the Wilder Mountain area.

After several calls to county officials, realtor's, and even the post office, I had heard enough and withdrew my contract and DID receive my deposit $.

I loved the area and the lot I picked out and it was a very difficult decision for me. However, I just found it was not worth the risk and headaches for retirement lot that I was not going to use in the immediate future.

I wish the best for all of you and hope you make the right decision for you. I know I work hard for a living and hate to see people get taken advantage of.

PS-I do not want to disclose my research on this forum but lets just say that's what I do for a living.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:35 AM

6 posts, read 19,434 times
Grizzly, I received property report today. Would like to continue conversation but not sure how to PM on site maybe mbmouse can explain how to. There were some inconsistencies from what I was told by sales people. Towards the back of the report (page 25 under ROADS)it specifically states that developer will NOT be providing any access roads to subdivision as we were told they were and the bond for the roads is only for within the subdivision. Report also states there is no option to exchange lots if you want (pg 24) to which we were told we could and I saw another post that said they were also told that. There is also a lot of language in there about encumberances on the property and not being obligated to provide clear title and taking 6 months to get a deed. This last part title and liens may be standard stuff, I have never purchased property like this before dont kow if you have, but it has me thinking. We like the property and area so we hope all is OK but after reading this I am wondering if they were being very truthful with us. Any info you have would be great.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:39 PM

Cobra43 - To view your PM's, go to the top of any page and it is in the upper right hand corner. I'll send you a PM to try it out.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:27 AM

Default New article in Chattanooga Times-Press, Marion County water progress

This one talks about Marion County and the water demands associated with growth of Rarity Club and Sequatchie Pointe.

Public water Marion's top infrastructure need, officials say - Chattanooga Times Free Press - Breaking News in Chattanooga, TN. Classifieds and Top Stories (http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/local.aspx?articleid=18512&zoneid=77 - broken link)

I have spoke with Diana Chance on several occasions and she is extremely helpful over the phone.

I am going up this Friday and will post an update(and maybe a few pics) of any progress regarding the roads, clubhouse, eq center. If anyone has something they would like me to look at either post it or PM me and I will do my best to follow-up.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:08 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
"Rarity (Club development) was the one that drew all the attention, but every mountaintop on either side of the valley is covered with them," Marion County Mayor Howell Moss said. "There are thousands of acres being developed."

Marion County planning assistant Diana Chance said her office reviews about 10 new subdivisions a month, "not including the small ones."

Out-of-state people have "found" Marion, Ms. Chance said.

"I think half the state of Florida is moving in," she said.

How incredibly sad. It's such a lovely area and it will soon be ruined.

I just read an article in a Florida paper that says they are just abandoning property there, making it look like a wasteland.

The News-Press, news-press.com, Real Estate, High weeds hinder sales (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070722/RE/70720074/1014/BUSINESS - broken link)

What will they do when they tire of or can't afford these Tennessee properties? It really makes me sick.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:06 PM

Hiknapster - I live well north of that area, but understand the concern. There is another area called North Port going through similair challenges. It was affordable, then Hurricane Charlie came and construction poured into Charlotte County and North Port. Prices sky rocketed, and now have plunged to pre-hurricane levels. Too many investors came in and drove out the first home and low income buyers. Mortgages for some of these people wanting the "American Dream" were exhorbitant, ARMs and now they are being pushed out of these homes. It is criminal.

I am part of this Tennessee movement. I plan on moving there and living there in a few years. I am not an investor looking for property to flip and drive the working man out. Hopefully, that is the growth that this area will see and not the predators looking to make a buck. From what I hear and read, you're getting a lot of baby boomers looking for a beautiful area to live, work, and retire.

I do not plan on ruining anything, in fact, I will want to be involved with the planning and growth of the area when my wife and I locate there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee