Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 01:14 PM

4 posts, read 8,895 times

Advertisements

hello everyone first i am going to start by saying this is my first forum and thank you for taking the time to look.
now lets get down to the nitty gritty, i am a woman of 25 with big dreams and alot of responsibility. i am a single mother of two young children and i have custody of my 17 year old sister. my whole entire life has been one struggle after another and well im tired of it so i have decided i want to move out of state i am a country girl at heart and dream of one day having my own little farm. i have almost no money but plan to go back to school soon with my va benefits. i was in the Navy for almost 4 years but my life was suddenly shattered and now im still trying to pic up the pieces almost 4 years later. I am going to take the next year to really try and save, God willing.

hince the plan to move and start over. a fresh start for my family and i which leads me to the reason of this forum i need to find a place to start. i want a friendly welcoming little town that is close to a city like place. a place i can raise my family with values a place with natural beauty and room to play outdoors. Basically I want a place to for once n my life call home and feel at home.

So if anyone has any comments or suggestions please feel free to respond oh and any pics would be nice too.

Thank you again ,

God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 04:37 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
Ni Ivorie Lindsey! TN is a big state and everyone is looking for utopia so it is always hard finding the perfect place. There are a lot of areas that would fit the bill for you.

I would suggest that you start by figuring out what kind of career path you are going to take and then see where that will lead you. Usually, once you figure out what to do, you can narrow down an area that supports your career.

Congratulations on being so valiant and taking responsibility for those children, including your sister. Go with your gut, do the right thing and always believe in yourself. No matter what you will make mistakes, but if you stick to that plan you will quickly recover and find happiness. Sounds like you already on the right path!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 PM

thank you for your comments and support. my heart is telling me to become a social worker that way i can help children and hopefully keep familys together and on the right path i have alot of personal experience in this area i myself was a foster child and would love to give back

Old 01-20-2011, 10:40 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorie.lindsey View Post
thank you for your comments and support. my heart is telling me to become a social worker that way i can help children and hopefully keep familys together and on the right path i have alot of personal experience in this area i myself was a foster child and would love to give back
So was I! As soon as our business takes off I plan to be a foster parent.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:02 AM

2,063 posts, read 7,776,427 times
First of all, thank you for your service to the country. I'm truly sorry for your hardships. You sound like a good person who has had some big problems thrown at her.

There would probably be quite a few towns in and around Tennessee's small cities that might work for you but I can't give you specifics on what towns would be the best. Your plan to save is a good one and you may want to look into what schooling you may need to become a social worker in TN and then possibly plan on going to school once you move here. There was some discussion a while back about qualifying for instate tuition by living here for a very short time.

//www.city-data.com/forum/knoxv...-question.html

Good luck and keep trying!

Old 01-21-2011, 03:07 PM

thank you and u r welcome wish i could have served more but sometimes the big man upstairs has other plans for us. i have alot to think about dont i lol school is how i support my family since jobs here are sslim to none grrr. but i will look into the instate tuition and all that. and dont worry i wont give up if i go down it wont be without a fight lol. very head strong and determined

God Bless

Old 01-21-2011, 03:11 PM

wow isnt that just a coincidence , wen im able to i wanna turn my one ranch/farm into a foster home too. i want a place to show kids and teens that they can do anything they set there mind to with their futures reguardless of their past
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee