Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 06:56 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I love me some Gyros.
If you get to Nashville I know a good place run by Greeks (they still have their accents). And they're quick to correct anyone who pronounces gyro as Gi-Ro. ;-)

Old 07-19-2007, 07:06 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,804,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffygirl View Post
I miss Lays ketchup,
HERESY!!!

It's GOTTA be Heinz Ketchup!

Yes, Ontario Canada is nice. I enjoyed my year and a half both in Ottawa and in Quebec. I miss the creamed honey, which you can't get here. I miss the cross country skiing, ice skating on the canal.

But, there's lots and lots of trees there. Which I'm happy that Tennessee shares.

I'm also looking forward to all of those ethnic Appalachian cultural activities, which we share, here in SW PA, along with our own unique ethnic cultural activities.

btw: my hubby's Hungarian. I just learned to make Chicken Paprikash with homemade Spaetzels. He said that recipe is a keeper. I picked up a Hungarian cookbook, so I can learn how to make those unique Hungarian meals. I can make my own buns, in any quantity - I don't have to get them in a grocery store. And, as another poster inquired about Hungarian deli's in the area, I'm sure that something is available, if not nearby, then by mail order. Or learn to make it yourself, or do without. Life is soooo much more.

blessings, Shen

Old 07-19-2007, 07:09 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,804,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
If you get to Nashville I know a good place run by Greeks (they still have their accents). And they're quick to correct anyone who pronounces gyro as Gi-Ro. ;-)
My sister calls me a heathen as I'll eat lamb. She refuses to eat lamb. We used to have sheep on our farm, more as pets, and to keep the lawn mowed down. Annie and Elmer were their names, and they had 2 little lambs. Cute. So, when my dad sold them, we thought they were going to a nice loving home as pets, too. My dad never told us the truth...

But, nice, juicy leg of lamb, with a real good BBQ sauce.....YUM!

blessings, Shen the heathen

Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 PM

26 posts, read 168,522 times
There are alot of hungarian foods I can't make. Like csabai and pastes and what not. But I do cook a lot of my own hungarian meals. And alot from other cultures, but sometimes it is nice to be able to enjoy someone else doing the cooking.

Most Canadians are not keen on american, as it is vice versa. And that is the way it has to be. And we are all ok with that.
Another thing about Tennessee, people are very overweight here where I live. It's very sad.
It's great that TN has a lot of wonderful cultures, that each Tennessean enjoys. Everyone needs to have that, I just don't enjoy them, which is fine, cause that's just me.
Hmm, let's see, I guess that's it. My spouse is born and raised in TN and pretty much feels the same way I do. So it isn't just because I am Canadian, or different in my ways. I love places in the USA, just not Tennessee. And that's ok, that's what seperates us, what makes us different.

Last edited by Buffygirl; 07-19-2007 at 08:54 PM..

Old 07-19-2007, 10:00 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Ok Y'all I just had to delete almost 20 argumentative post, lets agree to disagree about US Vs. Canada and move on back to TN subjects please. Time to close this one.
Can't we all just get along????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee