Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,366 times

Advertisements

My daughter and 2 year old grandson and I r moving to east tn . But I don't know what town to move to I won't be working I should be geting on ssi soon . Bad back had 2 surgies but plzhelp I want to live wit a view of the mountains in a maybeary town. Little or no crime. Things to do not to far away thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 05:32 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaof13 View Post
My daughter and 2 year old grandson and I r moving to east tn . But I don't know what town to move to I won't be working I should be geting on ssi soon . Bad back had 2 surgies but plzhelp I want to live wit a view of the mountains in a maybeary town. Little or no crime. Things to do not to far away thanks
Why are you moving here?

Old 03-12-2011, 09:34 PM

672 posts, read 810,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanes View Post
Hello everyone,

my husband and I are thinking of moving to tennessee, I would like to hear everyone's input. is it a good place to live and raise children? how are the people there and are there good job oppurtunites.

Thanks in advance,

angie

So what does that actual have to do with the question asked?

Old 03-12-2011, 09:38 PM

672 posts, read 810,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post

Without telling us exactly where in TN you're thinking of there's no way to tell you our opinion.
And even given OUR opinion, there's no guarantee it's what you like. Putting aside my differences with the locals on the one issue I have, I've been in heaven here. Summers aren't usually too hot, winters not usually too cold. Prices can't be beat for homes. The school our kids went to is phenomenal, but you can't say that of every small community school in the area, let alone the state. Crime is pretty much non-existant where I am, but again, that can't be said of every small town. You really need to narrow down an area and then ask for an opinion. And if what you're told sounds like a place you might like, you really need to visit a while to see for yourself.
It's right there in the Title. You guys are so quick to discourage people that are seeking answers, you don't even bother to read what you are replying to.

It states clearly "(Knoxville: crime, house, school)"

Your such a great group of people.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:45 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
It's right there in the Title. You guys are so quick to discourage people that are seeking answers, you don't even bother to read what you are replying to.

You don't seem to be helping the situation.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:47 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post

Wrong. The question is generally for TN. What you are reading regarding Knoxville is automatically generated based on some of the other posts. Judge not lest ye be judged.

We ARE a great group of people that unselfishly answer questions day in and day out for years with zero compensation and often deal with the disdain of other members. Why do we do that? Because we are nice and love to help.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:14 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Wrong. The question is generally for TN. What you are reading regarding Knoxville is automatically generated based on some of the other posts. Judge not lest ye be judged.

We ARE a great group of people that unselfishly answer questions day in and day out for years with zero compensation and often deal with the disdain of other members. Why do we do that? Because we are nice and love to help.
Wait, we don't get paid for our advice??

But yes, I think most people are here to selflessly help others. That doesn't make it easy to answer broad or vague questions...that's why we have to squeeze some more info out of the poster of the question. Everyone has different tastes as to what they like, so there is never a cookie-cutter answer as far as where to move in Tennessee.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:59 PM

20 posts, read 43,196 times
Just wanted to say hello! I made it to Tennessee. We are still getting settled but it's great to be here!

Old 03-16-2011, 01:16 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifindem103 View Post
Just wanted to say hello! I made it to Tennessee. We are still getting settled but it's great to be here!
Congratulations and Welcome!

Don't forget to change your profile location from NY to TN

Old 03-16-2011, 10:50 PM

17 posts, read 83,433 times
Default Warsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
To all newcomers--please remember that in Tennessee we do not WASH our clothes. We WARSH them. Please learn the language.
Capt. that is funny and reminds me of growing up in NE Mississippi. When we moved up north to Ill, I was in a spelling B contest and that was the word that knocked me out. I spelled it like I said it, Warsh. Thanks for the memory chuckle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee