Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2007, 01:09 PM

8 posts, read 32,902 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning on moving to Murfreesboro or a surrounding area. We now live in Englewood, FL about an hour and a half south of tampa. We just got married this past march we are 21 and 22 years old, we can not afford to live here anymore. We have been looking at Murfreesboro for along time and are planning to move in April 2008. My big questions are where can we live outside of the boro that is cheaper then living in the boro? We want to live somewhere safe. We will be renting for a while, so any help on where to find houses to rent would be great. I have Family that lives in Smithville so living on that side of the boro would be great. One other question what is getting a job like in this area? We will be looking for general jobs that dont require much experince. Is this a good place for us to move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 04:23 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,959,305 times
Some really small areas just outside of Murfreesboro are Lascassas, Readyville, Eagleville, Rockvale, Bell Buckle, Almaville, and Christiana. There might be others that I'm overlooking.

These areas are hit and miss. Some will be more expensive than M'boro and some might be hard to find rentals in.

If I'm not being too personal, what price range are looking to spend on rent each month?

I can't help too much with job information. I don't know if they still are in need of people, but the Verizon call center was hiring customer service reps w/no experince this time last year. The positions were about $12/hr.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:15 PM

Thank you for the information I will check out those areas. We are looking to spend no more then $850 a month on rent. We really need to have a house because we have a very large dog and most of the apartments I have checked out in Murfreesboro do not allow dogs over 35 pounds. Any web sites that you know of that I could search for homes for rent in these areas?

Old 07-21-2007, 08:38 PM

66 posts, read 367,971 times
I will say that I do know of an apartment that allows large dogs in Murfreesboro. The 2bd/2bth goes for about $750 a month. PM me if you want more info on it. We moved here recently from Florida. We love it. I think you will be very happy.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:45 PM

Please close this thread, reposted in Nashville.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:08 PM

9 posts, read 21,871 times
I too am getting ready to move from fla. The property tax is killing me along with the home owners insurance I have been looking at Tennessee and am not quite sure where is the best place to live. I am going to retire in 8 years or so . I have been with PUBLIX for 8 yearsw as a baker and it would br great to be able to transfer but not sure where they are in Tenn. Also have to be near a VA hospital as my partner is getting oncology from them. Any help would be great . Thanks,
Bill

Old 07-25-2007, 10:09 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,959,305 times
Default Publix/VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybakerboy View Post
...I have been with PUBLIX for 8 yearsw as a baker and it would br great to be able to transfer but not sure where they are in Tenn. Also have to be near a VA hospital as my partner is getting oncology from them. Any help would be great . Thanks,
Bill
There are two Publix locations in Murfreesboro, with two more on the way in the next few years. Smyrna has one as well.

I'm not sure of the extent of their services, but Murfreesboro also has a VA Hospital. There are others in the mid state as well.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,750 times
Smyrna is cheaper than Murfreesboro and is closer to Nashville. Any surrounding area around the boro is probably cheaper, but not in the "city". Milton is towards Smithville but is def the country. Lascassas is also toward Smithville, but is closer to town..Hope this helps.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:00 PM

My husband and I just got back from our visit to Murfreesboro and we loved it there. Everyone was very helpful and kind, and we can not wait to be a part of such a wonderful community. I have a few more questions, we are newly weds and are in our twenties and are moving to Murfreesboro to start a family. We really want to be a part of the community and not just be someone who moved for a cheaper house. Is there any groups or organizations we could be a part of to help us meet people who also want to do things to be part of the community? Our other questions is we are really interested in living in Evergreen Farms. Is Evergreen Farms deed restricted or do you pay fees for living in the community? We have heard some good things about the verizon call center and are considering working there can anyone tell me about the call center? Does it pay well? Do they hire all the time or only certain times of the year? Thank you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee