U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 07:16 AM

1 posts, read 4,571 times

Advertisements

I Live In Las Vegas And I Am Thinking About Moving There But It Sound Like You Only Wan't White There Because I Been Reading Here For About A Week.and You Tell The Black And Mexican Family To Go South.why They Have To Go South.why They Cannot Live In The Tri Citi Or East Tennesse.i Am White And It Does Not Sound Good To Me.and It Must Sound Real Bad For Them.this Sound Racist Everyone.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-26-2006, 09:20 AM

7,280 posts, read 19,951,950 times
Hi Richard. I am not really sure which posts you are reading, but I live and work here in East TN, my children go to school here. Yes, there are people here that are not considered "white" and no, I have yet to see it as an issue. Yes, "white" is the most common, but that doesn't mean we (as a whole) are racist. I have yet to see anyone of a different color than the majority being singled out in a negative way. I think the only "group" that gets singled out and anyone has issues with here is the uneducated (by choice) ignorant people that don't care about anything more than getting a hand out and committing crimes, doing and selling drugs and driving drunk. I think you will agree also, that these people don't fit into any one "color" group and that these are the same issues any state in the USA has. I rather resent your generalized comment that anyone here in East TN is a racist. It was not a nice comment to make. But then again you, like everyone else who posts here have a right to their own opinions.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:13 AM

1,174 posts, read 6,614,482 times
Just based upon the way the post is written, I think the first post is a Troll post. Perhaps I am wrong but it has all of the clues.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:19 AM

408 posts, read 1,875,900 times
As a whole, the region is not racist. But there are racists here just as there are in every state. The South gets a bad rap, but I've heard there are places in the North that are actually worse. Some people I know that have moved here from other states have had more racists views than people I know who always lived here. However, there are some smaller towns where there are basically no people other than white and people in those towns tend to be a bit more racist. I think it has to do with the fact that they just do not see people of other colors and can more easily buy into sterotypes. That doesn't make it right, but I think the only way to change their minds would be for them to live among people of other colors to see that the sterotypes are not all true. Of course, the people in those places are the ones that everyone thinks of as like "rednecks" or "white trash". Though it seems to be 'okay' that white people are given sterotypes regardless of who puts them in those labels.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:50 PM

44 posts, read 175,127 times
DFTT. This is good advice in the world of forums.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:29 PM

211 posts, read 255,431 times
I love how White people are considered the only racists. America was 90% White in the 1970s, now it is around 69%. Whites are only around 10-12% of the world population, certainly a minority.

Perhaps we should look at why racism exists -- why are some areas of town the "more dangerous one?" Why does White flight exist? Why is there a disproportional amount of murder/rape by certain ethnic groups? Why was there no written language or wheel when Whites explored Africa? The *only* nations in the world I see "embracing diversity" (see London bus bombings, disproportional amounts of crime, murder, and gang rape, etc) are "White" nations (ie: Europe, AU/NZ, Can/USA), I don't see other nations doing such.

To act like Whites are the only racists is ridiculous. Whites are a minority in several states and most likely this country will not survive as a country with a Black or Hispanic-Indian majority. There's a reason why Europeans invented nearly everything around us and the East Asians as well. Some groups have done nothing.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:45 PM

66 posts, read 248,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garth View Post
Just based upon the way the post is written, I think the first post is a Troll post. Perhaps I am wrong but it has all of the clues.
OK---now I feel really stupid-- what is a "troll post" ?

Old 08-28-2006, 05:49 PM

947 posts, read 2,961,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester's View Post
OK---now I feel really stupid-- what is a "troll post" ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Old 08-28-2006, 06:08 PM

66 posts, read 248,916 times
thanks,Brian........

Old 09-07-2006, 10:51 AM

38 posts, read 115,424 times
Default Considering moving to Middle Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Hi Richard. I am not really sure which posts you are reading, but I live and work here in East TN, my children go to school here. Yes, there are people here that are not considered "white" and no, I have yet to see it as an issue. Yes, "white" is the most common, but that doesn't mean we (as a whole) are racist. I have yet to see anyone of a different color than the majority being singled out in a negative way. I think the only "group" that gets singled out and anyone has issues with here is the uneducated (by choice) ignorant people that don't care about anything more than getting a hand out and committing crimes, doing and selling drugs and driving drunk. I think you will agree also, that these people don't fit into any one "color" group and that these are the same issues any state in the USA has. I rather resent your generalized comment that anyone here in East TN is a racist. It was not a nice comment to make. But then again you, like everyone else who posts here have a right to their own opinions.
Never thought of the word race before when we considered moving toMiddle Tennessee. My daughter was borned here in USA and is married to an anglo but my husband and myself even though are american citizens are from Cuba.
Would this be a problem in Tennesse? We are good honest people and speak english but my husband more than I have an accent. What can I expect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee