Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2006, 11:01 AM

6 posts, read 15,670 times

Advertisements

I'm 19 and really want to move out of massachusetts to Tennessee. I first visited tennesee in 2006 for a music festival called bonnaroo where i met my x-girlfriend. I fell in love with the place and the people that were actually from there. I heard chattanooga was a cool place to live and wanted to move there. I want to move to a hip place with a good music scene and alot of festivals and shows. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
-Wes-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2006, 02:51 PM

44 posts, read 187,164 times
Chattanooga is closest to Atlanta. If you want shows, and want to be in Tennessee, that would be the place to be.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:02 PM

598 posts, read 2,268,707 times
I've heard Knoxville has a good music scene (lots of bands) and alot of support for the arts, like theater in the park and there are various festivals all around the mountain areas. Considering a move there myself, for those reasons as well as others.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:36 PM

44 posts, read 187,164 times
Knoxville's music scene is OK. The support for the arts is OK. Festivals? Well, if you're into Bluegrass, it's a great place. I love bluegrass, but I don't go to festivals for it. Other festivals? Well, I guess you have Bonaroo, which is partially based, logistically, out of Knoxville b/c AC Entertainment started it. Concerts? Forget about it. I can't think of the last major non-country concert to roll through Knoxpatch. Nine Inch Nails several months ago?

I wouldn't say Knoxville is exactly culturally diverse. If I was really into shows and festivals, and had to live in Tennessee, I'd be in Chattanooga. That way I'd be close to Atlanta, which is where I'd be able to really experience diversity in entertainment.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:06 AM

408 posts, read 1,977,783 times
In Knoxville, that concert series downtown sounded pretty good, but I never got to go. The Old City used to have reputation for it's clubs.
I guess part of it depends on what type of music scene you actually want. Like well known, big artists or lesser known more indie type, or unknowns seeking a break into the business.
Wasn't it just a couple of months ago that Bob Dylan was in Knoxville? And someone else that I can't think of. When one of those places downtown was renovated? Bijou? Tennessee Theater?

Old 08-27-2006, 10:49 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wess1522 View Post
I'm 19 and really want to move out of massachusetts to Tennessee. I first visited tennesee in 2006 for a music festival called bonnaroo where i met my x-girlfriend. I fell in love with the place and the people that were actually from there. I heard chattanooga was a cool place to live and wanted to move there. I want to move to a hip place with a good music scene and alot of festivals and shows. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
-Wes-
Assuming the music scene isn't related to what you do for a living, this would be a better question after you find some locations where you know you can get work and then ask here which has the better music scene of the places where you know you can find work to help you narrow down where you might want to live.

It would also help to mention the kind of music to which you are referring.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 5,498 times
Well, Im from Massachusetts, and love it.
But I live in Florida now, and also love it.
When I am older I also want to live in Tennesse.(:
I like the beauty of the state, and how down-home the scene is.
It really is a beautiful and allurinq state.(:

Last edited by Ash(:; 07-02-2010 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Wronq color(:

Old 07-02-2010, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,498 times
Default Tennessee, Massachusetts, and Florida. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash(: View Post
Well, Im from Massachusetts, and love it.
But I live in Florida now, and also love it.
When I am older I also want to live in Tennesse.(:
I like the beauty of the state, and how down-home the scene is.
It really is a beautiful and allurinq state.(:
Hope I helped ! Q:

Old 07-04-2010, 10:25 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash(: View Post
Hope I helped ! Q:
How was that helping?

Old 07-07-2010, 05:06 PM

43 posts, read 154,245 times
Nashville is Music City and closer to the Bonnaroo grounds in Manchester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee