Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 07:12 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,099 times

Advertisements

Well Boris, what about all the other stuff that goes on in Cookeville(and a few other towns)? There's things I could tell you about cookeville(with proof) that I can't post on this board. If you know much about cookeville I think you may know what I mean...LOL... not trying to run cookeville down, just speaking plain facts here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 09:11 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Well Boris, what about all the other stuff that goes on in Cookeville(and a few other towns)? There's things I could tell you about cookeville(with proof) that I can't post on this board. If you know much about cookeville I think you may know what I mean...LOL... not trying to run cookeville down, just speaking plain facts here.
Rather than continue this here, you should start a new topic, something like "McMinnville isn't the only trashy town in Tennessee" or something like that. Or how about: "Meth addicts and sex offenders can't be wrong: McMinnville really is a great place to live"

Old 12-01-2006, 10:10 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Will one of you nice locals tell me what's a good flowering potted plant to put outside when I move to Tennessee? Is there an outdoor flowering plant that a lot of people in Tennessee have on their patios/balconies or on their porches because they grow nicely there and the flowers last for awhile in Tennessee's climate?

Since you are talking nurseries, I figure you are the people to ask. I'll probably get there in April or May. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:08 AM

661 posts, read 2,895,607 times
Hi Laura,

Once you move down here, go to Willow Ridge Nursery. Take the Oak Ridge Turnpike towards Clinton and it's on the right after you go past Melton Lake Rd.

Wonderful place and the woman who runs it is very nice and a huge help. They have gorgeous flowers and bushes.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:10 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkey View Post
Hi Laura,

Once you move down here, go to Willow Ridge Nursery. Take the Oak Ridge Turnpike towards Clinton and it's on the right after you go past Melton Lake Rd.

Wonderful place and the woman who runs it is very nice and a huge help. They have gorgeous flowers and bushes.
Thanks. I will definitely put that nursery on my list. I need potted plants (since I won't have a yard) that will survive outside despite the fact that I own them. I was wondering if there is a common potted flowering plant in Tennessee with survivor tendancies; that no matter how much of a black thumb the owner has, they stand up pretty good on a porch, patio or balcony in that climate, maybe a plant I never thought about before because I've lived in the north. I thought I might read up on the care of them in advance of my move.

I noticed the Dogwood Arts Festival is in April and the Oak Ridge Garden Club also has an April event. I don't think I'll make it to TN in time for any April 2007 event, though.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:15 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,099 times
JMT Rather than continue this here, you should start a new topic, something like "McMinnville isn't the only trashy town in Tennessee" or something like that. Or how about: "Meth addicts and sex offenders can't be wrong: McMinnville really is a great place to live.

It don't really matter where you live in TN, in a few more years it will be like FL anyway...DESTROYED... Real estate is already on the rise, next will be taxes, insurance and cost of living in general. I wonder what state will be next when this happens?

Old 01-21-2007, 06:50 PM

7 posts, read 100,713 times
i've lived here for over a year, mcminnville is a step into the 60's it got its first walgreen's and eckerts 11 months ago. there is a super walmart, asmall penny's in the mall ,also a goody's store, a hibbits sports store and dollar tree,so you can see it's not much of a mall. it has a beautiful hospital that nobody I know goes to because of the poor doctors. it has a lowes that does not buy it's plants locally, neither does the walmart. houses are cheap enough, but hardly any employment oppportunies. the paper southern standard is a rip off . 75cents for about 10 pages of dribble. plenty of mom and pop businesses. for real shopping you have to travel to murfreesboro 50 miles away or nashville or chatanooga. If you are baptiste you are in luck, only one catholic church,and several other denominations. the county fair that would be (warren county fair) was ok ,but I've seen better. the schools are ok ,but could be better, they don't offer music until middle school. there are 5 elementary schools, one middle school and one high school which are all over crowded. 2 private schools, the teachers are underpaid and school board has their priorities in the wrong place. the town is recently known for the teacher that seduced her student and the ministers wife who murdered him. there are no bakeries, or anything that can make cakes other than walmart and bi-lo's and krogers. you know its sad when its one and only block-busters video closes down , where every where else they thrive. there is a quaint square ,where the main post office and library is located, maine street has cute little stores but they are closed on staturdays asundays, ,so the typical tourists sees nothing when they come for a weekend . where is the logic and business sense. there is a civic center that is closed on weekends also. the only good thing is the breathe taking views of hills ,valleys , and mountains. it is beautiful in the spring ,summer, and fall, winter is depressing unless it snows. there are several beautiful state parks.would I move here again? no. I would move to cooksville,or murfreesboro,or hendersonville, some place closer to nashville, but not in nashville. you can't beat the medical facilities in nashville.

Last edited by liz-arabi-la; 01-21-2007 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: wasn't finished

Old 02-27-2007, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,231 times
Enough with all this "McMethville" and all this crap about sex offenders. You all do realize that no matter where you move to, there will be drugs, there will be sex offenders, etc. Its all about what you make of it. And you really can't a good idea of what Mc Minnville is by reading some forum on the internet. If you want to know what McMinnville is all about, take a trip here and check it out for yourself. I personally live here (well, I live in Rock Island, but am constantly in McMinnville, seeing as how I use to live in town and work there) and I think the town isn't that bad. Sure, there may be some methheads running around, but if you open your eyes, you will see that meth is a problem everywhere in the COUNTRY. Same with sex offenders, unemployment, etc. And as far as the gangs go....haha. I can't help but **** myself laughing. The kids here don't know what a real gang is, nor will they probrably ever. And with the mexicans... There is no problem with the mexicans. Sure, there are more here than in some of the surrounding areas, but they don't cause trouble like everyone says. To sum it all up- If you want to know whether moving to mcminnville is a good or bad idea, then check it out for yourself. You never know who is on these threads.

Last edited by Jammie; 02-27-2007 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: deleted words

Old 02-27-2007, 03:01 PM

98 posts, read 390,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_Christ View Post
Enough with all this "McMethville" and all this crap about sex offenders. You all do realize that no matter where you move to, there will be drugs, there will be sex offenders, etc. Its all about what you make of it. And you really can't a good idea of what Mc Minnville is by reading some forum on the internet. If you want to know what McMinnville is all about, take a trip here and check it out for yourself. I personally live here (well, I live in Rock Island, but am constantly in McMinnville, seeing as how I use to live in town and work there) and I think the town isn't that bad. Sure, there may be some methheads running around, but if you open your eyes, you will see that meth is a problem everywhere in the COUNTRY. Same with sex offenders, unemployment, etc. And as far as the gangs go....haha. I can't help but **** myself laughing. The kids here don't know what a real gang is, nor will they probrably ever. And with the mexicans... There is no problem with the mexicans. Sure, there are more here than in some of the surrounding areas, but they don't cause trouble like everyone says. To sum it all up- If you want to know whether moving to mcminnville is a good or bad idea, then check it out for yourself. You never know who is on these threads.
Thank You! Thank You! ~ You tell it like it is. I believe that most of the Hawks Bluff residents will do a lot of their business in McMinnville as well.
In fact in talking to one they told me they go to McMinnville more than any other town...and if you call an ambulance...I think it would take you to McMinnville. About meth law enforcement officials here crack down on crime more than some of the other cities, so you see results.
So many people come on here and try to give advice about McMinnville and they've only passed through here. Take it from one who grew up in Hawks Bluff area and has lived in Mass, Va, and Florida, - but McMinnville, Tennessee is for me.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:15 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Coming from Florida, I can say that I would be more worried about the Hawk's Bluff residents than the Mexicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee