U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2006, 04:03 PM

8 posts, read 68,455 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a 39 yr old single woman, no kids looking to move closer to my family who lives in Fayetteville GA. It's nice there but really more for families. I'd like to find a place that has a affordable housing, a decent nightlife, I love live music; arts/culture and I am a harley rider so a town that has a strong Harley community would be great. I also want to be where there are single people close to my age range. I'm open to SC, TENN or NC as long as I am no farther than 4 hours away from the family. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2006, 04:49 PM

408 posts, read 1,896,687 times
Not sure where Fayetteville, GA is, but I can tell you two areas I have seen tons of people on Motorcycles: Murfreesboro and Tri-cities. On Sundays, there was always a big group of people riding together and I think they met at the Harley Dealership. Now that I am in the Tri-cities, I have seen a lot of people on motorcycles especially around Watauga lake/Cherokee National Forest. I'm not sure what type they ride, but in Johnson City a few weeks ago there was a HOG rally at the Harley dealership.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:48 PM

225 posts, read 1,102,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluizeaz View Post
Hello, I am a 39 yr old single woman, no kids looking to move closer to my family who lives in Fayetteville GA. It's nice there but really more for families. I'd like to find a place that has a affordable housing, a decent nightlife, I love live music; arts/culture and I am a harley rider so a town that has a strong Harley community would be great. I also want to be where there are single people close to my age range. I'm open to SC, TENN or NC as long as I am no farther than 4 hours away from the family. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I think you would like living in Murfreesoboro, known as "The Boro" to many locals. We have a huge Harley Davidson Store (Bumpus Harley Davidson) and also a large Harley Bike Club. You can check out the club's website at www.hogsntheboro.net. I was shocked to have three female clients last year that were all bikers! One rode a Honda Trike and the other two were Harley riders ~ all professional, single women!

Old 08-29-2006, 07:58 PM

8 posts, read 68,455 times
Default thanks!

Thank you, I'll check out Murfreesoboro on the net. Fayetteville is about 30 mins south of Atlanta. How far is that from Murfreesoboro? Maybe 3 or 4 hours? Maybe I can order a relocation packet or something. I really appreciate the info, thanks again!

Old 08-29-2006, 08:39 PM

7,279 posts, read 20,219,325 times
I know it takes 4 and a half hours to get to Atlanta from Tri-Cities.
I do know of a road, called the "Devils dragons tongue" or something like that that draws motorcycle enthusiasts from all over, is is Hwy 129 through the mountains. It goes to Maryville in TN and at the other end is Andrews in NC, but Andrews has NO night life, but it would be closer to Fayetville maybe?
Hope that helps.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:00 AM

408 posts, read 1,896,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluizeaz View Post
Thank you, I'll check out Murfreesoboro on the net. Fayetteville is about 30 mins south of Atlanta. How far is that from Murfreesoboro? Maybe 3 or 4 hours? Maybe I can order a relocation packet or something. I really appreciate the info, thanks again!
It takes about 4 hours to get to Atlanta from Murfreesboro. Murfreesboro itself doesn't have too much of a nightlife, but you would be about 30 minutes from Nashville where there is more going on. I guess it would depend on what type of places you like to go as to whether M'boro would have a good nightlife. You would definately be able to find live music. MTSU, the local university, has a well known recording industry program and there are a lot of students in bands. Of course, in Nashville you have all kinds of people trying to make it big so there are lots of places they play to try to get noticed.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:25 AM

338 posts, read 1,387,728 times
Talking Gotta tell ya'll

I have to admit that I am a Special Education teacher but I am also a motorcycle "mamma" (as my husband says)- both my husband and I ride bikes and we hope to do a lot of riding in Tennessee!

Old 09-01-2006, 08:24 PM

94 posts, read 369,949 times
Thumbs up Tail of the dragon

MbMouse you are referring to the tail of the dragon. http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

I'm not a rider but a friend of mine takes his Harley through here ocassionally.

I think this would be a beautiful ride in the fall when the leaves are all colored up. Kerry

Old 09-02-2006, 09:09 AM

7,279 posts, read 20,219,325 times
THAT'S IT!!! hahahah Thank you. All I do know from personal experience, it is a really sucky road when you have to drive a huge moving truck on it! Scariest road trip of my life, I thought for sure everything I ever owned was going down the side of the cliffs!! hahahahaha But 40 was closed due to the land slide (this was back in 97) and they wouldn't let us drive that size of a truck through the National park and we though it was the best way through the mountains according to the map.....WRONG!!! hahahahaha But we did see many bikers and little sports cars on that road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>