Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 01:30 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,273,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
At one time, wasn't Murfreesboro the town with the largest growth, and where is it on the chart? Or am I losing my mind?

On a lighter note, Paris gained 206 people, all from folks that filled out that "Where should I move to?" questionnaire. (Ongoing joke for the regulars. Every so often we get a "What is Paris, TN like?" question and it always comes back to this questionnaire. I've taken it, and so has JMT, and yep, you guessed it. We should be packing our bags and moving to Paris. )

Knoxville has far more people in it downtown core than it did six years ago. I don't think that's from a population upswing as much as a downtown that is full of beautifully restored buildings with interesting shops, businesses and restaurants. On Saturday's farmer's markets I would say that 10 to 20 percent of the cars in the Market Square parking garage have out-of-state tags.
Murfreesboro is part of the Nashville MSA, so it's listed under that.

The Boro grew from around 69,000 to 108,000 from 2000-2010. It's adding about 4,000 per year.

And as I was leaving UT, I was happy to see downtown Knoxville adding more residential options. Hopefully the slow economy won't stop that sort of development. DT Knoxville still has a lot of untapped potential...but the city should be very proud of successes like Market Square, as well as somewhat of a renaissance on Gay Street and in the Old City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 02:53 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,074,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Murfreesboro is part of the Nashville MSA, so it's listed under that.

The Boro grew from around 69,000 to 108,000 from 2000-2010. It's adding about 4,000 per year.

And as I was leaving UT, I was happy to see downtown Knoxville adding more residential options. Hopefully the slow economy won't stop that sort of development. DT Knoxville still has a lot of untapped potential...but the city should be very proud of successes like Market Square, as well as somewhat of a renaissance on Gay Street and in the Old City.
Lots of residential options and the prices had dropped but are going back up again since downtown started going gangbusters this year. I know its been growing but downtown has really hit the apex. When was the last time you were there?

Regarding Murfreesboro, the last time someone had a list, it was growing the fastest. I think it was JMT or LauraC that put it up.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:54 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,273,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Lots of residential options and the prices had dropped but are going back up again since downtown started going gangbusters this year. I know its been growing but downtown has really hit the apex. When was the last time you were there?

Regarding Murfreesboro, the last time someone had a list, it was growing the fastest. I think it was JMT or LauraC that put it up.
I went through downtown last year (UT/Oregon game)...but I really didn't have time to look around.

As for Murfreesboro...it's the fastest growing of the big cities in percentage growth...but Nashville has had more in raw numbers (since it covers a lot more area). Spring Hill was the fastest growing city overall (something like 275% growth over the decade).

And this list is metro/micropolitan areas only...and Murfreesboro is part of Nashville's, so it's not listed separately. If it were a list of fastest growing cities, the Boro would be near the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee