Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 08:41 AM

300 posts, read 1,455,947 times

Advertisements

You must try the Tellico Grains Bakery in Tellico Plains. This couple bought the place a few years back and turned it into a fabulous bakery. They have a brick oven and bake a variety of fresh breads every day. They also have a lot of pastries and such and have just started making pizza. They have a small restaurant area beside the bakery and a few picnic tables outside.

My favs are the herb flatbread, the honey walnut and although it is seasonal...you have to try the pumpkin rolls! They have the biggest cinnamon rolls you have ever seen, great brownies and all kids of scones and such.

The Bakery Website
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 08:58 AM

13,352 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Breath View Post
You must try the Tellico Grains Bakery in Tellico Plains. This couple bought the place a few years back and turned it into a fabulous bakery. They have a brick oven and bake a variety of fresh breads every day. They also have a lot of pastries and such and have just started making pizza. They have a small restaurant area beside the bakery and a few picnic tables outside.

My favs are the herb flatbread, the honey walnut and although it is seasonal...you have to try the pumpkin rolls! They have the biggest cinnamon rolls you have ever seen, great brownies and all kids of scones and such.

The Bakery Website
Thanks so much for the info! That bakery looks wonderful!! I might head out there tomorrow. Not only is it a beautiful drive down to Tellico Plains but I'm a sucker for good cinnamon rolls.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:37 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Breath View Post

The Bakery Website
Yummy!!! I am so looking forwad to visiting this place. Those pictures make me really hungry for good homade breads. Thank you for sharing this with us!!

Old 06-02-2008, 03:45 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,868,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUP41800 View Post
I had a wonderful fried green tomato sandwich at a delightful bistro in Jonesborough (sorry, can't remember the name of the place).
It's named The Bistro and it is excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HengyMama View Post
Please tell me there is more than fried food in East TN. I need my fruits and veges!!!
Homegrown NE TN strawberries are like nature's candy. You just eat till you get sick. Also, the apples in our area are very good.

Last edited by mbmouse; 06-03-2008 at 06:31 AM..

Old 06-02-2008, 05:44 PM

445 posts, read 1,683,046 times
Default the website

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Thanks so much for the info! That bakery looks wonderful!! I might head out there tomorrow. Not only is it a beautiful drive down to Tellico Plains but I'm a sucker for good cinnamon rolls.
Looks like a nice website. I tried ordering online but there is a defect in the site for which I sent an email alerting them to this. Looks really good.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:52 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,904,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUP41800 View Post
I had a wonderful fried green tomato sandwich at a delightful bistro in Jonesborough (sorry, can't remember the name of the place).
what wouldyou compare jonesborough to? what city is similar to it ? curious - never been there..sounds nice...is it aesthetic? touristy? all anyone talks about is that storyteller thingy...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by williboy View Post
Homegrown NE TN strawberries are like nature's candy. You just eat till you get sick. Also, the apples in our area are very good.
where do they grow local apples? haven't had any--would love to know -sucker for a fresh apple..thanks....do they grow peaches here of bule berries? if so where?

what about vineyards?

thanks...carb starved in TN..12b

Last edited by mbmouse; 06-03-2008 at 06:32 AM..

Old 06-03-2008, 06:35 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,319,846 times
Default Jonesborough

Jonesborough is the oldest town in TN, settled back in the 1700's (can't remember the exact year, sorry)
It is about 6 city blocks worth in size and has GREAT shops and restaurants.
There are several eateries there that I have enjoyed several times.
If you want more info about the town, check out the Tri-Cities sub forum, don't want this thread to go off topic.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:15 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
what wouldyou compare jonesborough to? what city is similar to it ? curious - never been there..sounds nice...is it aesthetic? touristy? all anyone talks about is that storyteller thingy...lol

where do they grow local apples? haven't had any--would love to know -sucker for a fresh apple..thanks....do they grow peaches here of bule berries? if so where?

what about vineyards?

thanks...carb starved in TN..12b
Here you go 12buttons....

All About Apples | Tennessee Apple Orchard and Farm Listings

Apple Valley Orchard

Tennessee Vacation - Courtney Apple Orchard
The next two are both about the Erwin apple festival.
Erwin Tennessee - The Valley Beautiful

30th Annual Unicoi County Apple Festival in Erwin, Tennessee - Associated Content
This one is TN. vacations again, but it contains both festivals and orchards...
Tennessee Vacation - The State's Official Travel Planning Website
This site is for a pick your own orchard. It says they have peaches, cherries, and several other kinds.
Tennessee peach orchard
Here are just a few vineyards...
This one has a ton of info, and links within it to various vineyards.
Welcome to Tennessee Wine Country!

Tennessee Wineries TN

Tennessee Valley Winery in Loudon, TN

Tennessee Wineries TN

Holly Ridge Winery in Livingston Tennessee, near Dale Hollow Lake!

Wine & Wineries (http://picktnproducts.org/food/wine.html - broken link)
I'm so glad you asked about vineyards. I had no idea how many there were before looking them up. Now I have just a few more places that I have to visit...

(I could never do the no/low carb thing...(I love bread to much...LOL) Congrats on being able to stick with that!!!!! )

Old 06-03-2008, 09:19 AM

423 posts, read 1,405,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williboy View Post
Where do you go to pick strawberries in the Tri Cities, Williboy?

Old 06-03-2008, 10:08 AM

300 posts, read 1,455,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbied View Post
Looks like a nice website. I tried ordering online but there is a defect in the site for which I sent an email alerting them to this. Looks really good.

It is a new site and several pages are under construction, including the online store. There is a construction icon at the top of the pages that are still being put together.

JMT: Stop by the TelliCafe and try some of their Black Currant Iced Tea.....it is WONDERFUL! They sell it by the gallon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee