Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:21 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,130,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Since y'all wouldn't let me bring em to the last get-together, can I bring them this time for the BBQ ¿.....
I'm afraid to ask, Bones, but bring what? All I remember a definite "NO" to alleycat's proffered Mystery meat road kill!!!!

Could there be something worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 12:37 PM

315 posts, read 1,006,034 times
I will look and see if I can get the time off for April 19, sounds like a good time of year. What is the weather like then? What kind of food and how much do we need to make. Does anyone have any idea the number of people that would come? I know some of you already have meet before so any ideas on my end would be appreciated. One more question, Is this park wheelchair or walker accessible. If my mom comes she has trouble walking.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:29 PM

390 posts, read 1,701,060 times
Last get tgether, Bones offered to provide us with some....ummm....meat for the grill....Let's just say that many of us are cat lovers and preferred to leave the fresh kitten off the menu! I hope Bones was able to find good homes for those little ones that were born under the house =)

Seriously though, I think Kerry really wanted us to cosider having the park do the cooking, so we can just enjoy. I'm good either way, but we have to figure that one out too!

Haven't been around much lately, but hope everyone is doing great! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Old 01-16-2008, 02:45 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,235 times
I only found a good home for one. Still have two kittens and mom. Had mom spayed last Friday, kids go next Monday.
Kitten was so proud yesterday; ---->//www.city-data.com/forum/2524731-post5.html

Old 01-16-2008, 03:30 PM

Smile Thanks for jogging my feeble memory, beachbyrd.

Ahhhh, beachbyrd, now I remember!! Well, we'll have none of that going on, will we, Bones!

Kerry did mention that we could have the park do the cooking for our get-together. I am fine either way, as well. How much would they charge per head, do you know, Kerry?

And, thank you for that memorable proud moment of the kitten enjoying his catch of the day, Bones. That is pretty good for a 5 month old, I must say.

Our neighbor's cat was so grateful that I fed and watered her when our neighbors would go out of town that for about 2 weeks after I would often find a lifeless mouse on the front door welcome mat. Good kitty!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:18 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,311,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Four hours, give or take a little, if it's at Fall Creek Falls; Interstate all the way until you get to Crossville.
Cool. That means we leave 3 hours before set time as we go across the time zone and gain an hour......learned that the last one LOL!

OH! Park doing the cooking? That sounds good to me too.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:20 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,203,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Cool. That means we leave 3 hours before set time as we go across the time zone and gain an hour......learned that the last one LOL!
My brother used to fly in to Nashville from Atlanta and get here before he left . . .

;-)

Old 01-16-2008, 06:35 PM

94 posts, read 387,459 times
Thumbs up Get together update

Hello to everyone, I've been talking with the park about our get together. I'm dealing with the hospitality hostess and as of right now I am trying to get a firm date set for april....looks like there is some interest in april 19th so I'm pushing for that date.(Not set in stone at this time)

They have suggested some ideas to me based on what we want to do so here goes. Please check this out and let me know how you guys like this plan.

I am looking at getting a conference room at the inn for the whole day. This way we can deal with any weather issues as long as we can actually get to the park. (No telling what the weather will be)

Meal wise, they have a program where we would be able to eat from the buffet but take the food to the conference room and eat. They will set up beverages in the room and keep them replenished. This would be an all you can eat buffet--the only difference is we would be eating in our own dedicated area.

The park suggested that we set a dedicated meal time so they can have everything ready.

I should have some prices for this plan by monday or tuesday.

By having the room all day, people would be free to come and go as they please. I know that those that have never been to the park before will want to get out and explore. (be sure to bring your cameras)...

I thought the idea of letting the park do the cooking would be easier on everybody...I know some of you have to travel a good ways to get here, so this way you don't have to worry about rounding up any food, etc.

For those of you that might want to extend this into a vacation, I have asked about getting room discounts at the Inn. This would allow some of the long distance travelers to come up earlier if you want and stay the night before the get together. I'll know more about any possible discounts later.

Please let me know if you have any ideas about this...I will be speaking to the lady again Monday.

Kerry

Old 01-16-2008, 07:14 PM

Thumbs up Thanks, Kerry. You have gone above and beyond.

Thanks so much, Kerry, for all of the hard work. You are the right one for the job!!

It all sounds great to me. How about other folks?

Let us know if we can do anything to help out. I am a few hours away, but am pretty handy with a phone!

Old 01-16-2008, 07:18 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,212 times
Sounds great! Let us know how much we'll need to chip in. Now I'm getting psyched!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee