Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:17 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,389,804 times

Advertisements

Heck yeah, even if we bring our own sandwiches, let's try to get together!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 02:25 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,627,474 times
Fall Creek Falls April 19th or bust? Everyone agree? Speak now or forever hold your peace... lol

Old 02-19-2008, 02:30 PM

315 posts, read 1,004,012 times
April 19 for me. I will be there. I can't really be of much help because I am in Fl but if there is anything that I can do, just let me know. I will be flying into Chattannoga on April 18 and then renting a car to go to my place in Sparta. Will be driving right past Fall Creek falls on the way there. If I need to stop and finalize anything let me know.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:31 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,224,409 times
Count me in.........April 19th - Fall Creek Falls - and if someone can confirm that there is a place there for us to have a covered dish get-together......then those that want to stay overnight can go ahead and make reservations!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO Not much longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:39 PM

315 posts, read 1,004,012 times
My next day off is Fri. I can call up there and (1) see if Kerry already booked anything. Anyone know his last name (Kerry is a guy right?) (2) I will see if there is a place we can meet and put our food. If thats sound good let me know. Yea I can finally meet some of you wonderful people that are on the forum.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:40 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,389,804 times
Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy!!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:56 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,224,409 times
vacation bound: According to this posting from Kerry the last time we heard from him, he was working with the 'hospitality hostess', so that might be a good place to start!

I sure hope Kerry is ok!! (And yep, he's a guy.....I checked his profile...LOL)

Thanks so much for checking on this and getting things firmed up........!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kklynnt View Post
Hello to everyone, I've been talking with the park about our get together. I'm dealing with the hospitality hostess and as of right now I am trying to get a firm date set for april....looks like there is some interest in april 19th so I'm pushing for that date.(Not set in stone at this time)

They have suggested some ideas to me based on what we want to do so here goes. Please check this out and let me know how you guys like this plan.

I am looking at getting a conference room at the inn for the whole day. This way we can deal with any weather issues as long as we can actually get to the park. (No telling what the weather will be)

Meal wise, they have a program where we would be able to eat from the buffet but take the food to the conference room and eat. They will set up beverages in the room and keep them replenished. This would be an all you can eat buffet--the only difference is we would be eating in our own dedicated area.

The park suggested that we set a dedicated meal time so they can have everything ready.

I should have some prices for this plan by monday or tuesday.

By having the room all day, people would be free to come and go as they please. I know that those that have never been to the park before will want to get out and explore. (be sure to bring your cameras)...

I thought the idea of letting the park do the cooking would be easier on everybody...I know some of you have to travel a good ways to get here, so this way you don't have to worry about rounding up any food, etc.

For those of you that might want to extend this into a vacation, I have asked about getting room discounts at the Inn. This would allow some of the long distance travelers to come up earlier if you want and stay the night before the get together. I'll know more about any possible discounts later.

Please let me know if you have any ideas about this...I will be speaking to the lady again Monday.

Kerry

Old 02-19-2008, 07:14 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,103,535 times
Exclamation Kerry is no where to be read! Hope all is well with him.

I sent a DM to Kerry this evening. If he has email notification of his DMs, then he should get it. I haven't seen him anywhere lately on the forum.

He may have some difficulties that we are not aware of. I hope nothing serious. The last time he posted on City Data was Jan. 16 and that was the quoted post.

We may need to send out a posse!!! Anybody have a riding cow? Phyll?

Old 02-20-2008, 12:25 AM

94 posts, read 386,388 times
Thumbs up Still alive and kicking

Wow, I better check in before you get the cows saddled up and track me down

Sorry to leave everyone hanging, My girlfriend had back surgery (everything went great with that) and then I managed to catch the little cold/flu bug that seems to be going around everywhere here right now. I've been down and out for about 2 weeks and can't seem to shake this stuff.

Everybody has been sick around here to include the park workers. Schools have even been closed because of this.

Anyway...here's the deal on the get together. (If the CDC doesn't quarantine me)

Right now I am waiting for the park to tell me that April 19 is available for certain. Seems another group has the room I want locked up but they don't know for sure if they will be using it.

This is the only room that they do the private buffet for, and I wanted to get it for all day.

If I can't get the private buffet room I can still get another conference room and we can just eat in the main dining hall if that sounds OK to everyone.

Given the crazy weather we had last year, I'm shooting for something inside at this point...I can get a shelter but I'm afraid that it might be too cool --who knows...the ground was white with snow here this morning!!!!

I'm also open for suggestions...so you guys let me know what you might want to do and I'll see if I can get it done.

I realize that we are at the point where we need to get things locked in so everyone can make plans.

At some point I will need an approximate headcount of those that want to attend. Just a rough estimate will work. I just want to make sure we get a big enough place.

Any questions feel free to email me or DM me.

Thanks to all of you guys for checking on me...Kerry

Old 02-20-2008, 12:48 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,103,535 times
Wink Wow, sure is good to hear from you, Kerry! Everyone was worried!

It must have been karma, Kerry. I couldn't sleep, so decided to take a look at the thread. Hooray! You found us!

I sure hope the two of you are doing better at this point. I hope that all of these arrangements aren't too much for you if you're still under the weather. Let me know if I can help long distance (200 miles or so). I'll be glad to make any necessary phone contacts or whatever!

I think everyone is pretty much planning on April 19th right now. Under cover sounds like it might be a good idea. We sure hope for good weather so we can all enjoy exploring and visiting with one another, but foresight may save the day in case of Spring showers!

A head tally should be easy. I think that it was suggested to mbmouse that a sticky poll or head count would be appreciated. We'll see if she favors that.

So, now, we just have to see what happens to a meeting place. It seems to me that any central gathering area for a meal would be fine. Even better out of inclement weather, but if it isn't catered we'll all bring a dish of potato salad!

Thanks, Kerry, for getting back to us - and so late into the night. What a sport! Now, for a hot toddy and a little shut-eye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee