Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:39 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times

Advertisements

Redbuds and dogwood generally bloom after the last freeze, and, since they last for a while, they're usually okay.

Crabapples and Bradford pears are a different story since they bloom a little earlier. Sometimes they get ahead of themselves and get nipped by Jack Frost. That's one of the reasons old-fashioned peaches didn't do so wll here; they bloomed just a little too early (I hear that some of the new varieties bloom later and therefore are better suited to our climate).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 10:17 AM

13,905 posts, read 3,378,052 times
I was upset to have missed the first get together and now that I'm really down here I would love the opportunity of a second chance to meet everybody.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 PM

94 posts, read 387,591 times
Thumbs up Mountain Laurel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Redbuds and dogwood generally bloom after the last freeze, and, since they last for a while, they're usually okay.

Crabapples and Bradford pears are a different story since they bloom a little earlier. Sometimes they get ahead of themselves and get nipped by Jack Frost. That's one of the reasons old-fashioned peaches didn't do so wll here; they bloomed just a little too early (I hear that some of the new varieties bloom later and therefore are better suited to our climate).
Alley cat, thanks for the input on the plants...I've lived here all my life and can't really tell you when everything blooms out. I know the redbuds are usually first and the most obvious.

Mountain Laurel should be blooming at some point along the creeks...I can get the naturalist at the park to give me a better time frame.

I suggest that if anyone is into photography, then they should definitely bring their camera. Kerry

Old 09-20-2007, 10:35 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
I didn't really realize you had mountain laurel around FCF. I think of that as being more in East Tennessee. I was on the Blue Ridge Parkway one time when the laurel was in bloom; it was quite a sight.

There's generally lots of things blooming in April . . . but you never know about the weather. Sometimes it can be wonderful . . . or it can be rainy and windy . . . or it can be cold . . . of course, this was the weirdest year of all with snow in mid April.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:47 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountrygirl View Post
I was upset to have missed the first get together and now that I'm really down here I would love the opportunity of a second chance to meet everybody.
with reputation like yours....we'll be glad to have you

Old 09-30-2007, 09:03 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times
Arrow Anyone up for another forum get together in the Spring?

Seems this kinda died out? So I'm pushing it back too the top of the list..............

Old 09-30-2007, 09:13 AM

445 posts, read 1,682,944 times
Default nice golf course up there

we drove up to the golf course and didnt get a chance to play but we did purchase some golf shirts and hats.. we will play at some point and time.

We are going up in February so we cant make it again in the spring but I say we should have one around apple festival time too and meet maybe at the festival and then go to Cumberland state park.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:15 AM

445 posts, read 1,682,944 times
Default what a reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
with reputation like yours....we'll be glad to have you
Wow, Northcountry girl does have quite a reputation. Lil ole me has about 14 , I must be nasty LOL

Old 09-30-2007, 02:06 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times
Wink And now, back to the thread. Is there a plan or date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountrygirl View Post
I think that many are interested in a Spring get-together. My hubby and I are both in and able to go with any date any place.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:41 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times
That's what I was wondering,it just some what fizzled.I'm just open too any date currently........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee