Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 11:10 PM

94 posts, read 386,709 times

Advertisements

My mom and I had such a wonderful time at this first get together that I thought I would try to host one at Fall Creek Falls.

I think I can get us either a conference room at the Inn or the group lodge.
If I hold my mouth just right I can get food catered to us at either place.

We can make this an all day thing and people can get out and explore the park.

There is swimming, hiking, golfing,all sorts of ball fields, fishing, if you have a camera then you will definitely want to grab some pictures of the waterfalls. (256 feet tall)

I'm pretty sure I heard "Bones" say he would personally guide anyone if they want to hike to the bottom of the big falls.

And we would definitely have to have a fishing tournament...

At any rate, I am so proud to see such nice people in our state and I'll pick up the tab for the meeting area, and pay to have the food brought to us.

This will be my way of saying welcome to Tennessee and giving others a chance to get in on the fun.

Let's toss this around and see if anyone is interested...spring would be a great time to do this. Kerry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 10:49 AM

37,765 posts, read 40,885,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kklynnt View Post
My mom and I had such a wonderful time at this first get together that I thought I would try to host one at Fall Creek Falls.

I think I can get us either a conference room at the Inn or the group lodge.
If I hold my mouth just right I can get food catered to us at either place.

We can make this an all day thing and people can get out and explore the park.

There is swimming, hiking, golfing,all sorts of ball fields, fishing, if you have a camera then you will definitely want to grab some pictures of the waterfalls. (256 feet tall)

I'm pretty sure I heard "Bones" say he would personally guide anyone if they want to hike to the bottom of the big falls.

And we would definitely have to have a fishing tournament...

At any rate, I am so proud to see such nice people in our state and I'll pick up the tab for the meeting area, and pay to have the food brought to us.

This will be my way of saying welcome to Tennessee and giving others a chance to get in on the fun.

Let's toss this around and see if anyone is interested...spring would be a great time to do this. Kerry
Count me in but you shouldn't shoulder the food for this thing yourself.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:09 AM

390 posts, read 1,698,478 times
How thoughtful! We would love to have another get together. I agree with Laura, we would definitely be willing to contribute to the cost.

Sounds like a wonderful time!

Old 09-17-2007, 01:04 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,271,904 times
Count me and the family in. I agree with the other two, everyone should pitch in for the food, either bring it or chip in for the cost.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:57 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,388,150 times
I wanna make this one. Hopefully no last minute emergency phone calls from a friend!!

KKlynnt - you've got my e-mail. Would you mind EMing me to remind me if I happen to drop from sight around here? Things tend to get so busy that I got a month or more without checking. This work thing is really interfering in my social life!!

Old 09-17-2007, 02:31 PM

37,765 posts, read 40,885,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
I wanna make this one. Hopefully no last minute emergency phone calls from a friend!!

KKlynnt - you've got my e-mail. Would you mind EMing me to remind me if I happen to drop from sight around here? Things tend to get so busy that I got a month or more without checking. This work thing is really interfering in my social life!!
You can subscribe to the thread. I'm thinking you probably don't know that. At the top of the page it says Thread Tools then Subscribe to This Thread. You enter your e-mail address and when there is a new post to this thread on the forum get together, you will get an e-mail message to let you know.

If you are too busy to come in on a regular basis, it helps you stay on top of the one thread that interests you.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:09 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,665,583 times
sign me up for the waterfall hike

Old 09-17-2007, 03:39 PM

712 posts, read 1,482,795 times
Fall Creek Falls is such a great place!!! I havent been in a few years but I loved it the two times I was able to go. I hope everyone does another get together date. I wasnt able to make it to the last one as my wife is 8 months pregnant and didnt really want to go anywhere.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:24 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,044,303 times
Kerry, count me in. You will "NOT" bear all the expenses. I'm not hiking from the swing bridge along the river to the falls again.... Had to be upper 90s that day. I didn't know you could drive to the top of the falls... Some nice bike trails there also.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:22 PM

94 posts, read 386,709 times
Sounds like we are forming a plan. We can always work something out on the food...I thought it would easier for those that might want to come and camp that weekend. If the Inn does the food, then everyone can get out and about and just meet back for lunch at the designated time.

April should be decent weather and of course we can do this when the most people can make it.

There is just so much to do there that if we make it a whole day then people will have an opportunity to see some sights.

Disney filmed the movie version of the "Jungle Book" there.

One of the King Kong movies was partially filmed there.

Mariah Carey shot some scenes for a new movie there recently.

(I'll bet Laurac already knew all of this...I'll bet she has even got a major profile going for all the big bass in the lake there.)

Anyone play Golf? I'm afraid you can't call what I do Golf..and I'm pretty sure there is a state law that forbids me from even picking up a golf club.

Looks like we got some time to kick this around so we can make it happen.

I appreciate all the offers to help...Kerry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee