Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 05:22 PM

390 posts, read 1,701,513 times

Advertisements

We spent the day at the county fair and it was so nice. The weather was beautiful, it was in Chester Frost Park right on the lake. Our daughter was enthralled by all of the animals, TriDad was enthralled by all the food, and the atmosphere was just right. It was good music, good people, and a good time! What an enjoyable, relaxing day! We were going to go with jkmewright and her little guy, but he woke up under the weather. However, we did run into Split and his bride there. Maybe Tridad will post some pics....Can't speak for him though.....

It truly was a beautiful day in this neighborhood...As a matter of fact, I love this neighborhood more every day!

Last edited by mbmouse; 09-29-2007 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 08:38 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times
Smile Beautiful day here, too. Sunny and 80 degrees.

That does sound like a beautiful day, beachbyrd. Yes, TriDad, let's see some pictures!

Hiknapster, I am so happy to hear about cod in Knoxville. Here in N. GA, I have to order it from Publix because it isn't considered a southern fish here and people don't generally buy it.

The two times that I did order some, it smelled anything but fresh! So, I eat my fill when we visit family in PA, CT, and MI. Yummy, fish and chips.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:55 PM

730 posts, read 1,917,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
You never know . . . it could be wet, miserable and cold . . . or it could be sunny and relatively warm . . . or even snowing. Admittedly, it's not the prettiest time of year here, but each season has something to offer. That's one of the reason I actually like living in a place with four distinct seasons.

Even on a wet, miserable day . . . it's a perfect time to watch an old movie; read that classic you've been putting off reading for ten years; take a nap with your cat (one of my favorites); go to a coffee shop and sit and contemplate life, the universe and everything; plan next years garden (those darn seed catalogs don't come in January for nothing); clean out the closet (you wouldn't want to do it on a pretty, sunny day, would you?); snuggle up with someone special.
Yeah but I gotta tour the countryside looking for a place to live when we retire. No TV in the car and no cat at all. Mind you my wife likes it cool, so I will just have to live with it.

I figure it will be nice as we went through the area last year about the same time and though cold it was not a real problem. A couple of nice sunny days as well.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:56 PM

730 posts, read 1,917,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbied View Post
To some wet miserable and cold may be a beautiful day in the neighborhood . We are going up in February. I need a little cold.
Great, maybe they will save it for you and I can have the current weather?

Old 09-30-2007, 09:42 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,904,597 times
Default reassurance is a dangerous thing..

you're right I would not live in a place where I felt my health would be compromised - life is complicated enough- why add to the worries? I am vegetarian as well but go on to scorecard.org, and plug in your zip code and tell me you have nothing to worry about...it ain't pretty..do you actually think anyone is telling the truth about the air quality when there is so much at stake -do I think someone who is invested in real estate there would be eager to accept the truth? I can understand the sentiment. good luck..

Old 10-01-2007, 05:07 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Great. Now that fall is here my grass is greener than it's been all summer.

Oh, won't my lawn girl be happy. She's only gotten to mow my lawn twice since the first of July (and lawn care is how she makes her living).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee