Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 03:10 PM

445 posts, read 1,685,075 times

Advertisements

Can you kindly copy and fill in below:

The best I found in Tennessee

barbecue restaurant

waterfall

scenic drive

bed and breakfast

hotel

motel

playhouse

steak restaurant

gift shop

antique store

breakfast restaurant

park

golf course

best planned weekend away-what did you do?

[+] Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 03:34 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,149,369 times
Wink Check out LauraC's new thread.

Robbied, I think you can find a few great things not individually recommended, but great nonetheless, on LauraC's thread "101 Things to Do in E. TN". Lots of suggestions and links.

Have fun exploring.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:41 PM

Default great site

I viewed the thread but just not the same as personal recommendations from people that might have tried some out of the way place that might not get to a major publication.

So , please answer if you wouldn't mind and in the meantime, I did bookmark that site although it seems really commercial.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:40 PM

37,805 posts, read 41,091,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbied View Post
Can you kindly copy and fill in below:

The best I found in Tennessee

barbecue restaurant

waterfall

scenic drive

bed and breakfast

hotel

motel

playhouse

steak restaurant

gift shop

antique store

breakfast restaurant

park

golf course

best planned weekend away-what did you do?

[+] Rate this post positively
I think the problem with your list is we may have been to one or two of these things locally and could give an opinion on whether we thought that they were good but how would we know if they were THE BEST in Tennessee? How many people who live here have been to more than two playhouses, for example? How many people in Knoxville, for example, know how the barbecue restaurants they have been to compare with what's in Memphis?

We could tell you what we like but who knows if they are the best in the state.

Also, people who live here - how many would be able to assess motels, hotels or bed and breakfasts or even gift shops in Tennessee? It's the people who don't live here who would probably have an opinion on those.

Are you planning to visit the whole state?

Old 09-26-2007, 06:44 PM

Robbied, I have to agree with LauraC. A list of answers like that may be more confusing to you in the long run than helpful.

I would suggest, instead, of going to the "Search" option and request either all posts or all threads for each of those items. In truth, I think I have seen all of those "special likes" discussed at length in individual threads over the last 3 months or so.

Hope you get a good collection to try out and see what you like the best!

Old 09-26-2007, 06:47 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,550,180 times
Part of the fun is the discovery.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Part of the fun is the discovery.
BINGO!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:53 PM

Default yes at some point

I plan to visit the whole state.

I do want to know what places others have discovered..but it seems rather than list a place or two, some would rather shoot down the post
not sure why.

I am always happy to offer opinions on some places that I have found in different areas.

When you have little time, going on other's recommendations is important to me. There is a time for exploration and a time for references.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 PM

Default besides..

if I thought it would be more confusing, I would not have asked that question. But thank-you for thinking you know me...

Old 09-26-2007, 09:10 PM

24,776 posts, read 28,579,128 times
If you Google " Water Falls" Tennessee you will get a complete page of all water falls with in TN...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee