Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 05:34 AM

661 posts, read 2,895,607 times

Advertisements

I have pictures of the Oak Ridge area for anyone who's interested, but I'm not sure how to insert them into a message. (Technically challenged.) I'm asked for an URL for the picture.

Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 06:36 AM

29 posts, read 154,579 times
Upload your pictures to a server like Photbucket.com then you can take the url it gives you for each photo and copy/paste it into your message. I would love to see the pictures.

Lost One

Old 09-26-2006, 07:41 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Have this site open and your message open with the cursor where the picture is going to be.

Open a new occurrence of your browser and go to photobucket.

In photobucket log in then click on Browse next to the white text box at the right center of the screen. Browse to the file on your PC and click on Open. After the file name is in the Browse box click on Upload it and be patient. "Upload it" will change to "uploaded" when it's done and your picture will be at the bottom of the screen.

After the file has uploaded highlight the url box below it (the text in the box should change color when you click on it) and press ctrl/c to copy it to the clipboard.

Go to the first browser window (the one with this site open in it) and click on the yellow icon with the picture of a mountain.

When the dialog box opens press ctrl/v to paste the url from photobucket in it. It should replace the existing text (Did you notice that the http:// is already highlighted in the box?) Click OK and your picture will be inserted.

If you post the message and the picture doesn't show up you can edit the post by clicking the Edit button at the bottom right.

Ask questions if you need to!

Old 09-26-2006, 10:59 AM

Default Thank you!

Thanks so much to both of you. I'll get them up this afternoon.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 AM

If all goes well, pictures are of the Pellissippi Parkway driving into Anderson County, then a couple of shots of Melton Lake in Oak Ridge

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/jmarkey/100_1205.jpg (broken link)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/jmarkey/100_1217.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-26-2006, 12:22 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Great pics! Thank you for posting them!

Old 09-26-2006, 03:01 PM

55 posts, read 345,308 times
Beautiful Pictures,,, where exactly is Oak Ridge?

Old 09-26-2006, 04:53 PM

I'm so glad people liked the pictures. No matter whether I'm headed down to Knoxville or into Oak Ridge, the view never gets old. I wish I could have gotten some of the really good shots, but there was nowhere to pull over.

Oak Ridge is a wee bit northwest of Knoxville.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:08 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Have this site open and your message open with the cursor where the picture is going to be.

Open a new occurrence of your browser and go to photobucket.

In photobucket log in then click on Browse next to the white text box at the right center of the screen. Browse to the file on your PC and click on Open. After the file name is in the Browse box click on Upload it and be patient. "Upload it" will change to "uploaded" when it's done and your picture will be at the bottom of the screen.

After the file has uploaded highlight the url box below it (the text in the box should change color when you click on it) and press ctrl/c to copy it to the clipboard.

Go to the first browser window (the one with this site open in it) and click on the yellow icon with the picture of a mountain.

When the dialog box opens press ctrl/v to paste the url from photobucket in it. It should replace the existing text (Did you notice that the http:// is already highlighted in the box?) Click OK and your picture will be inserted.

If you post the message and the picture doesn't show up you can edit the post by clicking the Edit button at the bottom right.

Ask questions if you need to!

Thanks for this info. I saved it for future reference.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:14 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkey View Post
If all goes well, pictures are of the Pellissippi Parkway driving into Anderson County, then a couple of shots of Melton Lake in Oak Ridge
Okay, I'm ready to move, now.

What day of the week were the street photos take in the other thread? I really really really like what I'm seeing as it relates to a lack of traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee