Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 06:56 PM

29 posts, read 154,614 times

Advertisements

Where are the best places for each and is anyone on a Tennessee ATV forum or Tenessee Horse forum that would give us the link to?

Last edited by Lost one; 09-20-2006 at 07:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2006, 07:34 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Hi Lost one,
I live in East TN and been to Middle TN many times. I see both horses and ATVs being towed on trailers( not both on same tailer mind you ) down the HWY and some times see ATV tails from the road, house in every 4th pasture so I know they are around. When you get into some rural towns in East TN I have seen the ATVs pulled up to the local gas station like a car.
Many times had to slow down for the horse and rider also in just about every rural town in East TN. We had a horse show just about across the street from our house in Midway TN (Greene County) twice a year.
Middle TN seems to be more "horse minded" as far as events and such, but they are all over East and Middle TN, so which one is better? Not sure as I love horses, just don't have any Don't care personally for ATVs, but also know they are used all around here.
Don't know if that helps you any though.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
ATVs pulled up to the local gas station like a car.
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about. Shweet! Thanks again mbmouse.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:45 AM

36 posts, read 105,713 times
Thanks for the info. We are definetly looking forward to our move. My riding horses is primarily for pleasure although I do compete in obstacle challanges occasionaly. I am really looking forward to riding them though beautiful Tennessee versus flat Florida.

As for the ATV's we use them for trails only, we are not racers or competers, just casual riders. Our girls (two daughters) love both activities also

Old 09-21-2006, 11:00 AM

421 posts, read 1,691,295 times
Take your horses AND your 4-wheelers up to Big South Fork National Park sometime.Miles & miles of trails for both!

There are many other more localized places I could tell you...
Where are in Tennessee are you moving?

firepower

Old 09-21-2006, 11:10 AM

Default Not Sure

We have not nailed down a location yet. Depends on where hubby can get work. But we like the looks of Madisonville and the surrounding areas so far.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:16 PM

37 posts, read 200,818 times
Be careful to stay off other people's property with your ATVs. I am always amazed with the kids trappling all over my property and their obnoxious parents thinking it is okay (it's not). If you own an ATV, buy acreage. We live in the woods and pay for the privilege of privacy..........not for other people's kids to have a place to ride. As far as I know, there are no public trails for ATVs.........and us redneck Tennesseans do not "cotton much" to trespassers (I cannot stress how much I dislike running up on strangers in my woods, it scares me and I am sure I scare the hello out of them).

Old 09-21-2006, 09:30 PM

While I appreciate your advice, tresspassing has never been a hobby of ours. There are many legitimate places to ride and that is where we go. We are of course buying acerage as can be assumed from having both horses and atv's neither of which do well in someones backyard. Thank you for your input.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:18 AM

Well, Macklin, I am sorry you have had bad experiences with ATVs and that people are not considerate enough to ride where they belong. We trailer our ATVs to places that allow them here in Florida. The problem is, we are running out of places to ride. I have visited a few websites from Tennessee about ATVs and places to ride, to find that there are many places there to ride legally. Some of the videos of the places were just AWESOME.

We also use our ATVs for work around the house. With horses, there is a lot of manure to spread and hay to carry and these tools make the job go by easier and faster. Not that I do any of that on a daily basis, my wife and kids are big into horses and it is a lot of work. My wife is the primary care giver to these animals.

Lost One

Old 09-22-2006, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost one View Post
Not that I do any of that on a daily basis, my wife and kids are big into horses and it is a lot of work. My wife is the primary care giver to these animals.

Lost One

Boy am I glad you clarified that! Yes, they are alot of work and the ATV's make it much easier for me to get it all done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee