Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:05 PM
pdq

170 posts, read 525,428 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul is more of an independent than the lot. He kinda has a Jesse Ventura/Ross Perot "all out" approach. I think he's the only actual "fiscal conservative" in the bunch. Technically he would be a Libertarian. I will vote for any true fiscal conservative. Bring back the gold/silver standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 08:04 PM

104 posts, read 451,171 times
Yeah ole Ron Paul is a fire cracker aint he,lol
I think it really going to come down to Thompson and either (A)Guiliani or (B) Huckabee.
I think people are not really counting Huckabee yet, but he is rising up the polls, slowly but steady. We will see shortly?!

I have one question off subject, Im going on R&R (Leave) for 18 days in November and I would like to take my wife and child, camping and fishing maybe or maybe just site seeing around the moutains in TN. and kinda scout some of the cities as a potential new home after the army, where would be a few places to go on the southern east side of TN? Thanks

Old 10-09-2007, 10:13 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,241,772 times
Default tonights debate

I just finished watching the GOP debate and my first real look at Fred Thompson in the political arena. So far I like him. I like his directness, style, stance and for the most part, his lack of political chatter/grandstanding. I think he is the only candidate tonight that answered direct questions with direct, on subject answers. I believe that is the first time since Reagan I have heard a politician not dance around just about every question. Gulliani I was also impressed with, a little showy but I still agreed with a lot of his answers too. The others, well, I just wasn't agreeing with a lot of what they had to say and they way they handled themselves. Lets face it, the president is more of a mouth piece and a scape goat for congress and senate so the better they can handle themselves and speak, the better off. Granted military is also a big issue for the Commander in Chief so again, I liked the answers both Gulliani and Thompson gave on that score.
Yea, I think Thompson is a good, down to earth, realist from TN.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:35 PM

7,503 posts, read 17,113,817 times
Dunno, none of the politicians (Democrat, Republican) are realists except Paul, Gravel and Kucinich. And even they probably have their agendas. Vote for who you will, but don't make the mistake of thinking that Thompson is down to earth, good, or a realist!

Old 10-10-2007, 09:34 AM

1,323 posts, read 4,682,592 times
I watched the debate as well. I do like Fred Thompson, but I feel he did not make as much of a positive impression as Romney and Guilliani. He just did not seem to be as quick with answers to questions and did not seem to be as "alive" as they were. Even so, I do like Thompson and the positions he has taken.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:17 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,385,375 times
Did Huckabee really say something about company CEO's have such high salaries, we need unions to make sure the lower employees are paid more? And he's a republican?

AND the candidate that the calculator chose for me!?!

I hope I can find the debate on "that video site" or somewhere because dang it, FIOS doesn't offer MSNBC in my area so I couldn't watch last night.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:49 PM

6,335 posts, read 11,498,424 times
Fred Thompson ... Puh-leeease. He didn't run for re-election because Senatorin' was too much work. And now someone talked him into running for President? Sure he sounds good, he's a fine actor and someone has been coaching him with his lines.

Before he was an actor he worked as a lobbyist. So I imagine he'd have no problem doing the bidding of Corporate America and doling out the Corporate Welfare. Is that what y'all want?

There are plenty of other candidates who really want to be president and will work hard once elected. Please choose one of them.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:28 PM

119 posts, read 395,708 times
If y'all don't want a Hillary or Obama in the White House, please don't vote your "conscience." I'm afraid a vote for Kucinich, Paul, Gavel or most of the others who (while you may totally agree with their politics) don't really stand much of a chance in getting elected in the primary. If you want a conservative in the White House, vote for someone who can actually win.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:00 PM

7,503 posts, read 17,113,817 times
Nonsense. I will never give in to a lower candidate just because my primary choices seem to be unelectable. If the entire country voted like I did, then this conundrum would never exist. Instead of hammering 13 years of US history into our kids' heads I wish that we instead taught them how to really pick a candidate for president that matches their viewpoints.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:15 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,385,375 times
Well, I believe that in your efforts to prove yourself "righteous" you will donate an additional half a vote to Hillary. I think that's dopey but I'm weird like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: