Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:03 PM

132 posts, read 590,971 times

Advertisements

First of all......I'm not spamming here! Trust me. By clicking here Restaurant.com -- Eat. Drink. Save Money. you can find gift certificates in your area.
$25.00 Certificates for $10.00. When checking out type in TREATS in the discount box. That will get you $25 for $3. I just picked me some up for my area. There are several in Cookeville. I know this sounds hokey but it's real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 12:45 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
I've been using them for quite some time. The normal price is $10 for a $25 gift certificate which you print out and bring with you. But often they're on sale for $5 or sometimes $3.

Keep in mind that you do have to spend an additional amount of money (usually $10 more) in order to redeem the coupon, it's not valid for just one person dining, you can only use one per dining party, and it's not always permitted for use on some things (i.e. "to go" orders, or cocktails).

But all things considered, it's a great deal--

If you register with them (free) you'll get an email with the specials (they usually have a 50 or 60% off special going).

Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,137,125 times
Wink Thanks, Jhubtin.

That is a terrific deal. I went ahead and registered, but have no idea what the restaurants might be like. But, hey, for $10, one can't go wrong.

Does anyone know anything about The Bistro at the Bijou on Gay Street in Knoxville? Their ad sounded pretty interesting. Might take advantage of it this weekend? Yummm.

Last edited by gemkeeper; 10-24-2007 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: sp.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:12 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,325,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I've been using them for quite some time. The normal price is $10 for a $25 gift certificate which you print out and bring with you. But often they're on sale for $5 or sometimes $3.

Keep in mind that you do have to spend an additional amount of money (usually $10 more) in order to redeem the coupon, it's not valid for just one person dining, you can only use one per dining party, and it's not always permitted for use on some things (i.e. "to go" orders, or cocktails).

But all things considered, it's a great deal--

If you register with them (free) you'll get an email with the specials (they usually have a 50 or 60% off special going).
ok, so if I read that right: only one person out of the minimum of two can use the $25 worth of food, but that person has to spend $10 more and seeing as you already spent the $10, isn't that really a $5.00 off coupon with weird strings? And who the heck is going to eat $35 worth of food if cocktails aren't included??? Does it come with a free wheel borrow to cart ya out?? hhahhaha

Old 10-24-2007, 05:57 PM

Question Wait a minute - who ordered what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
ok, so if I read that right: only one person out of the minimum of two can use the $25 worth of food, but that person has to spend $10 more and seeing as you already spent the $10, isn't that really a $5.00 off coupon with weird strings? And who the heck is going to eat $35 worth of food if cocktails aren't included??? Does it come with a free wheel borrow to cart ya out?? hhahhaha
Mbmouse, if I understood bbkaren's post, I think that the $25 dollars comes off of an entire bill of $35 or more for more than one person, not including drinks.

Now that I have registered for their emails, I guess I better get that clarified. Oh, bbkaren, where are you?

I barely eat $2.00 worth, let alone $25! My husband is a good plate cleaner, though - his and mine. Save the wheel barrow for him, mbmouse.

Last edited by gemkeeper; 10-24-2007 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: left out a word - a real important one!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:34 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
I've been buying these off and on for years. The current TREATS promotion ends 10/31/07. They do promotions off and on all the time. 70% is exceptionally good though as most deals are 60% off.

These are good deals usually but be sure to read the fine print on each one. Some can't be used on weekends, are dine in only, apply a tip (which is ok, but my local sandwich shop charging a tip is weird - you get your sandwich at the end of the counter and fill your own drink cups!!?!?!?!??), etc.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:45 PM

Hi guys! And yes, it's a total bill of $35 or more. Basically if you get the 50% off deal, you wind up getting $20 in food for free.

Obviously, if you spend $35.01, you get the very most bang for your buck but we always wind up spending more lol.

I haven't found any unreasonable restrictions so far but agree--check the fine print before buying for a particular restaurant.

They also have ones for lunch, which are cheaper...

Old 10-24-2007, 07:03 PM

Thanks, bbkaren. Now we can all go raid the frig and pig out!

It really is a great deal. We'll be using it a bunch, I know.

SmokyMtnGal, I guess that tip thing at your sandwich shop is one of the fine print items. It probably says that tips will be calculated and added to the total or some such loophole!

Old 10-24-2007, 07:10 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,325,687 times
OH!! Ok, now that makes sense, I just read that first post wrong I guess.....to many figures running around in my head today, they got all jumbled.....it;s that "new" math hehehehhe
So are there some good local resturants in on this deal or is it all chains?
Where in TN have you guys used them and felt it was a really good deal an d really good food? Hubby and I might do some traveling around early this weekend so I might look into it.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:11 PM

We were pleased to find that it's not just chains; we actually found several fairly upscale local restaurants that are on the program.

It costs nothing to register...and I think you can search for local restaurants without even registering if I recall correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee