Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 06:04 PM

665 posts, read 1,925,475 times

Advertisements

Coming from Jersey, I am not so use to your neighbors waving saying hello, peolpe are friendly here in TN and I LOVE IT.They will actually talk to you.I bought furniture at a roadside sale, and a farm stand, the peolpe were very kind at both places! The man we bought the couch from even offered us his help with his pickup!My how differnt it is down here, I am not missing Jersey now,plus seeing all the cows and horses around and mnts is an added plus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 06:07 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
Coming from Jersey, I am not so use to your neighbors waving saying hello, peolpe are friendly here in TN and I LOVE IT.They will actually talk to you.I bought furniture at a roadside sale, and a farm stand, the peolpe were very kind at both places! The man we bought the couch from even offered us his help with his pickup!My how differnt it is down here, I am not missing Jersey now,plus seeing all the cows and horses around and mnts is an added plus!
I love reading posts like this!

Phyll, my mother actually stopped and cried the last time she was in a grocery store with me here in TN (Cookeville) because of how genuinely friendly everyone was.

While I'm sad that people in Jersey (and Florida, where my parents were living) aren't as friendly, I'm glad that you can come to TN and be around other friendly people. Here's hoping that it'll spread back to NJ and FL...

Old 10-14-2007, 06:14 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Even in Nashville we wave. On some of our roads the traffic is pretty heavy and we can be in a rush (especially on the Interstates) . . . even so, most of us will still let someone over into our lane, or into traffic. I've seen multiple lanes of traffic stop on busy streets like West End so that someone else can make a turn. It's considered polite to give someone a little wave if they give you a break like this. Not everyone does this, but a lot do. A little politeness and consideration just makes everyone's life a little easier.

My special little job in life (since I'm a tall guy) is getting stuff off of tall store shelves for little old ladies.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:29 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Yep, our buddy who was clearing our property for the surveyor to come, said they would've made great progress except the neighbors kept coming by and chatting! I think it's wonderful!

Old 10-14-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Yep, our buddy who was clearing our property for the surveyor to come, said they would've made great progress except the neighbors kept coming by and chatting! I think it's wonderful!
I love it!

That sounds like it should be a plot for an Andy Griffith episode, doesn't it?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:07 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Hey Phyll, all I can say is "Welcome to TN my friend" Ain't it grand!
Bet your blood pressure has dropped a few points too? heheheheh see and everyone who thinks us optimistic, up beat folks are just "wearing rose colored glasses", glad you came back and validated us folk.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:12 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I love it!

That sounds like it should be a plot for an Andy Griffith episode, doesn't it?
I should do that, write an episode using members of the Tennessee forum as characters.

You could be Andy, JMT. Hikhapster could be Aunt Bee. LauraC could be Miss Crump. Mdmouse could be Charlene. I'll be Otis!

Now . . . the tough call . . . who should be Barney? Floyd? Goober? Ernest T Bass?

(I'm going to get banned one of these days. Actually, I'm a moderator on a writing forum. When they made me one I told them I would be the first forum moderator in history who would have to ban himself.)

Old 10-14-2007, 10:05 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I should do that, write an episode using members of the Tennessee forum as characters.

You could be Andy, JMT. Hikhapster could be Aunt Bee. LauraC could be Miss Crump. Mdmouse could be Charlene. I'll be Otis!

Now . . . the tough call . . . who should be Barney? Floyd? Goober? Ernest T Bass?

(I'm going to get banned one of these days. Actually, I'm a moderator on a writing forum. When they made me one I told them I would be the first forum moderator in history who would have to ban himself.)
I vote Split for Barney and Bones for Goober! hehehehe
It won't be me baning ya. ahahahhahaha

Old 10-14-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post

OK now that's funny. Me as the sheriff? Some days I feel more like I should be Opey.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:01 AM

665 posts, read 1,925,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Hey Phyll, all I can say is "Welcome to TN my friend" Ain't it grand!
Bet your blood pressure has dropped a few points too? heheheheh see and everyone who thinks us optimistic, up beat folks are just "wearing rose colored glasses", glad you came back and validated us folk.
I hoestly feel more relaxed and feel my face doesnt look so stressed as up north! I think TN folks are wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee