Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2006, 08:37 PM
SLG SLG started this thread

1 posts, read 5,334 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine wants me and my family to move to Paris. It's hard to find real information about the city on the intranet. I was hoping to get some local opinions on the city.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2006, 10:00 AM

50 posts, read 122,155 times
Paris TN is a very rural town, my wife was from Puryear, even a smaller town....frankly there's nothing to do around the whole area but perhaps fish, etc.....no great shopping, ZERO....I'd rather live in the friggen dessert

Old 09-23-2006, 01:46 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLG View Post
A friend of mine wants me and my family to move to Paris. It's hard to find real information about the city on the intranet. I was hoping to get some local opinions on the city.

Thanks!
What's "real information" that your friend can't tell you? Opinions about what?

Did you try "Paris TN" on Google? Because there is plenty of information on Paris TN on the Internet.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:11 PM

45 posts, read 250,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeisterMan View Post
Paris TN is a very rural town, my wife was from Puryear, even a smaller town....frankly there's nothing to do around the whole area but perhaps fish, etc.....no great shopping, ZERO....I'd rather live in the friggen dessert
As in a chocolate eclair, perhaps, or maybe an apple pie. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Cheers

Old 10-09-2006, 03:26 AM

1 posts, read 5,303 times
Talking so far we are happy there....

We purchased a retirement home there last year, and so far we are very happy with the outcome, my family lived near there in ,Dover tennessee, for years, and I took my children there , for many a vacation....it has changed over the years and property values have gone up and it seems alot of people from different areas are moving to the area....but mainly the people are very friendly, and I had lived in Memphis for 9 years and it was more of a city life, people werent as friendly, I think smaller towns have something over city dwellers, and I had lived in the areas of Chicago, for years, although it still is my home in my heart , but the traffic and pollution is nuts and not what it use to be...smaller town life definitely is worth its "weight in gold"

Old 10-09-2006, 07:33 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,094,744 times
Hi,
I've been away from Paris for about a hundred years now, but grew up there so do kinda have a soft spot in my heart for Paris. My dad lived there til the early 90's. It is a rather rural, small town, but nice people and places. Paris Landing State Park is really nice for swimming, boating, skiing and fishing (just had a national bass tournament). Lots of other places to fish too. Late winter (I think Feb., or maybe early spring now) Paris has a "world famous" fish fry -- close off streets and sell lunches/dinners of fried fish with a carnival type party. It's great. There are lots of new developments north of Paris in the Land Between the Lakes area. Housing prices generally are still low compared to many areas and you can even get acreage if you want to grow the best ever tomatoes or have a horse. It's about a 100 miles west of Nashville and about that much northeast of Memphis. Look up the website of the Paris Post Intelligencer newspaper -- you'll get a feel for the town by looking thru that. They even post the school absentee lists! If you want bright lights and big city living, better go somewhere else. And to be really honest, Paris does seem to have a higher crime rate than maybe lots of other cities its size. I haven't checked the data but just reading the online paper gives you a clue what kind of crimes are there. And they're all for public view! Anyway, good luck in your search for a happy home. Best Wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee