Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 04:09 PM

6 posts, read 14,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckheadGirl View Post
Why so much suspicion? I do not work for a developer; rather, I am a teacher at a private school in Atlanta, GA! I found out about this board from one of the land consultants at Sequatchie Point a week or so ago when my husband I and went to look at their lots. (That is why I posted under this thread.)

Despite the negativity from some of the posters, I find the board to be very informative, and entertaining. I am glad to know about it.

Yeah, I found out the hard way too. Whatever you do, don't promote any type of development on this board or you will have to face the wrath of the skeptics! I too found Stoneclift to be nice; in fact, we are going up to look at it next weekend. Perhaps we will run into each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 04:30 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
I wonder how the sale went today!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:14 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,875,245 times
Cool Boating today, no sales results.!

H.K. NO sales results for ya, too nice of a day in private cove boating to use a car. Funny how a few months ago, most out of state retirees , baby boomers, wanted to get away from Gated Communities and have their own rural elbow room.? Thats what interested me was finding a hilltop views , BUTTED against preserve land for privacy / quiet/ less neighbors .
. I got close to 100 acres nobody ever visits, new construction, underground utilities and trails to use with almost no clothes for like half the $$ of planned communities.
. Years ago in New York , Fla companies sold land , ' General Development, Deltona<,' Come on down, Been to many BkeWeeks, now its, rent a Booth , sell :"Come on Up " Funny world. .
PS Also other real estate AUCTIONS here in Chattanooga area today, NEW develolpers houses, and apt complexes. Plenty of supply all around county.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:02 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT View Post
H.K. NO sales results for ya, too nice of a day in private cove boating to use a car. Funny how a few months ago, most out of state retirees , baby boomers, wanted to get away from Gated Communities and have their own rural elbow room.? Thats what interested me was finding a hilltop views , BUTTED against preserve land for privacy / quiet/ less neighbors .
. I got close to 100 acres nobody ever visits, new construction, underground utilities and trails to use with almost no clothes for like half the $$ of planned communities.
. Years ago in New York , Fla companies sold land , ' General Development, Deltona<,' Come on down, Been to many BkeWeeks, now its, rent a Booth , sell :"Come on Up " Funny world. .
PS Also other real estate AUCTIONS here in Chattanooga area today, NEW develolpers houses, and apt complexes. Plenty of supply all around county.
Now that's the truth!

Old 01-13-2008, 12:51 PM

7 posts, read 16,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertNFla View Post
My wife and I were in Southeast Tennessee recently visiting Sequatchie Pointe and several other developments. We were very disappointed with SP due to the condition of the roads, the "sales trap" tactics, and the fact that the sales people are NOT licensed real estate agents! (They are called "property consultants" -- where is the Tennessee Real Estate Commission?!)

So, we looked around at other developments such as Hawks Bluff (It is a little rough/ rustic and too far from Chattanooga/ civilization.), Overton Retreat (It to be a nice development with honest people but is also too far from Chattanooga/ civilization.), and Rarity Bay. (It is a very nice development with lake front lots and a golf course but is very expensive/ elitist.) However, none of them were what we were looking for.

Just when we thought our trip was going to be a monumental waste of time, a local realtor told us about a new, gated community called Stoneclift. The development is on South Pittsburg Mountain between Chattanooga and Monteagle and, as such, it is only 20 minutes from downtown Chattanooga. Moderator cut: links cut for advertising reasons and it looks like it is going to be an firstclass development. Lots will average from 3 to 5 acres and be categorized as wooded lots (interior) from $80,000, view lots (elevated views but no bluff frontage) from $90,000, and bluff lots (uninhibited views with bluff frontage) from $100,000. Although the prices may seem high, they are in line with the other developments we visited. (You should know that there are no $39,000 lots in SP that you would want to buy and the prices go up to well over $200,000.) Also, Stoneclift has underground utilities (including electric, phone, cable, and city water -- for those who do not know, there is a major water shortage in Monteagle, but South Pittsburg has plenty of water), asphalt roads, and an amazing amenities package (walking trails, playing fields, a pavilion with a grill, an amphitheater, and a swimming pool).

I talked to the developer, and he told me that he will start selling lots in early November. From our conversation, I realized that, unlike some other developers who sell lots on promises which may or may not be kept, the Stoneclift developer will ell lots on reality in that he will have all amenities built before lot sales begin (with the exception of the swimming pool which will be built in the Spring of 2008).

My wife and I have been monitoring the threads on this board for months and we were eager to get to Southeast Tennessee to see the developments regularly discussed. Sadly, they did not meet our expectations and, therefore, we are very excited about Stoneclift and cannot wait to visit it next month. Moderator cut: cut .
I am going to guess that you work for Stoneclift. I know for a fact that the salespeople at Sequatchie Pointe are licensed. You can call and ask for their names and look each of them up on the TREC (tennesse real estate commision) website. As for the salestrap tactics, you mean you went with a saleperson to look at a piece of property and they tried to sell you one? Well shame on them. As a matter of fact I am pretty sure that YOU are the developer of Stoneclift and you should be ashamed of yourself. The lot prices that you are telling these folks about are CRAZY. NO One Pays $80k for a 2 acre wooded lot. Hawks Bluff and Overton retreat are both very nice and they don't charge that much for their property. They are also not close to you like Sequatchie Pointe so I can see why you put in the extra time on them because they are your competetion. I am a realtor in this area and know all the developments that you are talking about. I have also talked with you in the past about this development. Again shame on you for running down everyone. By the way I have seen Stoneclift. Its a small development and I am sure that it will take years to sell out.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:12 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Good grief.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckheadGirl View Post
Wow Allycat, you sure do have a bitter taste in your mouth about developers! Well, perhaps this will help: Stonelcift is all steak and no sizzle! Yesterday, I saw the development with my own eyes: the roads are in, the pavilion is erected, the gate posts are up, the walking trails are down, the amphitheater (sp?) is carved into hillside, and tons of bolders being laid for the water feature. Better yet, each lot has been surveyed and is clearly marked and sign posted. Also, each lot has been perk tested and the perkable area is mapped out.

Yep, this developer is doing it right! He was on the property and spent over a half an hour giving me a tour. I really think he is one of the good guys because he is putting the 100+ acres below the bluff line into a land trust so that none of the buyers' ever have to look onto roof tops.

Lot sales start this Saturday and I am going to be there. If news about this developer and development does not help get rid of your bitterness, try a teaspoon of sugar.
Buckhead......isn't that in or near Atlanta where the owner and his daughter are from? I think that the 100 acres thats going in the trust is because its to expensive to access and to steep to build on. In my opinion, this development is not as sweet as it sounds. The best advice would be to check out all developments in the area before you buy in one if you like the area. I think it would be smart for you to check out Hawksbluff, Raritybay, Sequatchie Pointe, and Waggoner Brothers.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Good grief.
Sorry, maybe should not have been so blunt.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,720 times
My wife and I recently toured sequatchie pointe and was very disturbed with what we seen. The tour guide(Matt) we had was not proffesional at all, his jeep was filthy he had a large dip in his mouth and every other word out of his mouth was a lie. He had no idea that we had been researching the area and the development for a few months and he was a true Bull sh*****. i've purchased property all over the states and in my experience with developments this was one that was on the bottom, the views were nice but their prices were way out of line, you could obviously tell the land was logged by the age of the trees and the land had been strip mined. the main road cant pass inspection and the other employees that worked there seemed that they didnt have any experience in real estate. My advice for people looking for property is find a realtor yu can trust research the area, and dont go to developments where they use ''tour guides'' or in my case Bull sh******.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:33 AM

611 posts, read 1,998,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNman View Post
The lot prices that you are telling these folks about are CRAZY. NO One Pays $80k for a 2 acre wooded lot.
Are you saying that people don't / won't pay $80,000 for a 2 acre wooded lot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee