Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 04:52 PM

99 posts, read 273,330 times

Advertisements

I am a 30 year old single father of a 10 year old boy. I have visted Sevier County several times and had a chance to move there. My son loves it and so do I. I am mainly looking at the Kodak or Sevierville area but may consider Maryville or other close area. I was told from a friend who lived there the schools in Dandridge are better and smaller. I am from a very small town in Southern IL and am not crazy about the traffic but realize I have to tolerate it and am not sure about putting my son in a large school. Id like to get on a police department and volunteer fire dept. I also need advice on rentals, hunting & fishing, child care, singles activities, and activites for kids such as Boy Scouts,etc..
Any info would be greatly appreciated!! I can be reached at jpbklb@ hotmail.com

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2006, 07:12 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Dandridge is a good area it sounds like for what you are looking for. Severiville is big and busy, plus exspenseive. When you get out to Jefferson County( Dandridge) or New Port, or Greene County, it is still close to sevireville, but not as busy or exspensive. Rent runs anywhere from $350 for mobile homes or $800 for executive type homes and everywhere in between. As for scouting, there is a troop in just about every town. A lot of the schools have after school programs for working parents. babysitters are a bit harder to find as lots of people have realitives close that watch the children, but you can find it. Hope this helps, email me if you would like more info.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:37 PM

Thanks for the info! I was wondering if anyone was going to. I am thinking mainly about Kodak and my son going to New Center perhaps. I am interested in finding a weekly or bi weekly rental or hotel, for right now until I can get everything down there and my son. I liked Sevierville because of the Cittizen Police Academy and I am looking for a place out of town a little.

I am looking for a two or three bedroom house or mobile home with storage bldg and allowes pets. I have a small dog.

I was wanting to know what part of Sevier Co could I live in and my son attend New Center or NorthView school??

Last edited by Yac; 05-19-2006 at 02:57 AM.. Reason: merged

Old 05-18-2006, 11:06 PM

105 posts, read 270,652 times
I drove through Sevierville, Pidgeon Forge, and Gatlinburg today on my way to the Smokies. Man, those towns are tacky. That area is like a redneck Vegas. The've got Elvis shows, Jesus shows, cowboys and indians... I'd like to see all of the above in the same show. I don't have any useful info for you, though. Sorry 'bout that.

Old 05-20-2006, 09:49 AM

Default Need info please.....

Does anyone know if all the schools in Sevier County have a band?

Old 05-25-2006, 12:32 AM

170 posts, read 566,389 times
I don't have much info for you, but Sevierville area is actually one of the areas we are considering also (We added N. Carolina to the list, as well). I've heard the schools are good in Sevier County, one realtor said her kids go to Pigeon Forge schools and she wouldn't have it any other way! She lives in Sevierville, but drives them everyday to Pigeon Forge. Loves the schools! As a matter of fact, at the campground we stayed at, the woman there said both her grandkids go to Pigeon Forge as well, and they love them also. But then someone else from the area said her kids go to Seymour, and they are great also. I do know that if you live anywhere in Sevier County, you can choose which school you want. I've been looking at test scores on a school website, which help, but I think talking to locals is great advice. I would call a realtor in the area for info on rentals and housing, (they might be able to give you some inside tips on schools as well), and you could call the Sevier School district, they would have info on bands in the schools. We did drive around Maryville when we were there, and while it was a nice area (great schools from what I've heard!), it just didn't feel like the perfect town for us. I don't know anything about Dandridge, other than my mom could live there tomorrow, she loved it so much. If we choose TN, we will most likely live near Sevierville, and go to the Pigeon Forge schools. They are pretty small schools, which I like. Good luck, I'm sure we'll both find just the perfect place!

Old 05-26-2006, 02:33 PM

Thank you for the info. I guess it is hard trying to talk to people from E/Tenn when we are trying to move there and this is a site for movers. Im not sure which school we are going to try. I will be going to TN in July at the latest so maybe I could get some in depth info then. I know they have a Boy & Girls Club in all the area towns and they sound like a pretty good activity for the ki9ds and cheaper than babysitters. Anyways thanks again and always looking for more info from anyone.

Old 05-26-2006, 02:36 PM

Oh what is the school score website you looked at???

Old 05-26-2006, 03:24 PM

170 posts, read 566,389 times
Well, I'd put it on here, but with the rules, it would get erased. Just look up great schools, you'll find it.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:00 PM

421 posts, read 1,691,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbklb
I am a 30 year old single father of a 10 year old boy. I have visted Sevier County several times and had a chance to move there. My son loves it and so do I. I am mainly looking at the Kodak or Sevierville area but may consider Maryville or other close area. I was told from a friend who lived there the schools in Dandridge are better and smaller. I am from a very small town in Southern IL and am not crazy about the traffic but realize I have to tolerate it and am not sure about putting my son in a large school. Id like to get on a police department and volunteer fire dept. I also need advice on rentals, hunting & fishing, child care, singles activities, and activites for kids such as Boy Scouts,etc..
Any info would be greatly appreciated!! I can be reached at jpbklb@ hotmail.com

Thanks!
Look at Cookeville,in middle Tennessee. They have appx. 4 openings for police officer & the Putnam County Fire Dept. is volunteer & needs people badly. Great place to live & work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee