U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2006, 02:35 PM

243 posts, read 842,121 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning to move to East Tennessee, Anywhere from Oak Ridge East. He is from Germany and I am from Cincinnati. My mothers family was from Nashville. We live in Albuquerque. He is retiring and I will continue to work in the Investment company field. We want to live out of town for a more slow small town life but I need to be near a larger city to continue my line of work. Does anyone have any suggestions? We like the Kingsport, Mt. Carmel and Church hill area but I also like Oak Ridge. My dream town would be high in the mountains of Erwin but there is no work there. We are protestant and do not attend church and do not want to be bothered with recruitment. We believe you don't have to attend church to know how to be a good person. Can anyone suggest a town that would suit us. We love your beautiful state and plan to move there this up comming summer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2006, 03:19 PM

34 posts, read 41,184 times
Oak Ridge sounds perfect for what you're looking for -- small town atmosphere, religiously diverse, close to a larger city, etc. I've heard Kingsport and the entire Tri-City area is nice as well, but I haven't spent much time there and can't offer specific information.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:34 PM

7,280 posts, read 19,949,599 times
I agree, I think both areas would fit your bill, your best bet is to plan a trip, spend a few days in each area. Only you can decided which place is right for you! Personally, I LOVE the Tri-Cities area, but that is me, you may feel different.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
I agree, I think both areas would fit your bill, your best bet is to plan a trip, spend a few days in each area. Only you can decided which place is right for you! Personally, I LOVE the Tri-Cities area, but that is me, you may feel different.
Thank you for the info I have a realtor in Oak Ridge and have a little better bearing on the town as we have been shown properties there. But, I will be looking in the Tri-Cities area too, except for Bristol as I think the air quality is pretty poor.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA FLEX View Post
Oak Ridge sounds perfect for what you're looking for -- small town atmosphere, religiously diverse, close to a larger city, etc. I've heard Kingsport and the entire Tri-City area is nice as well, but I haven't spent much time there and can't offer specific information.
This is a fantastic site as I can get a real feel for the people and their towns. I have a realtor there in Oak Ridge and have seen a few properties around the town. I especially like the West Outer Ridge area, nice homes with a little land but I would really like to be a little more in the country with an acre or two of land. How does Powell and Clinton compare to Oak Ridge? Also Claxton and Oliver Springs. I do not like Harriman. We have visited Tennessee for the last four years and really want to move there. I have found the people in east Tennessee to be very friendly and more intellegent then here in Albuquerque. Thanks again for any info you can pass on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee