Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM

75 posts, read 129,761 times

Advertisements

I mean; the rest of the country looks to places like Tenn and TX, and says, look they can run a state without all the paying out needlessly.

Yes, you all have to pay for garbage collection, pay to dump it yourself. Pay for Fire Protection etc.
But it is the bastion of; pay if you want ( too ).

I would like to hear from those who like it the way it is, what do you think of 'outsiders' wanted(ing) to change it to the way they "Left" wants it. ( yes, for the good of ...)

if you never read any Florida Blogs here on CA, do so.

I now live in a 'Liberal bastion' and dream the grass is greener in Tenn.

I want to be in control ( Taxes ) to which services are offered by (a) Government.

The country is watching places like Tenn. But, the spread of Liberalization, is a disease; TRUE Libertarians, are afraid and are watching, in the meaning of , (to)watch/read/the blogs.. where to go.
Funny, Vermont's motto is " Live Free or Die " now they are Liberal.
Nothing wrong being 'Liberal', but when your dream is fulfilled, who/whom will pay?

Mod, please don't delete this, it is about Tenn. Move it, but, the “ Free republic dream” will then die.
I am okay if you move it “ Free to Delete “ also.

My good friends from Tennessee, what do you think? How can you stop it? can you? do you want too?

* I added this, people are naturally unset, but why do they then move to places and then 'Vote' to change it where they left?

If you can meet a Russian, ask them why they are in the USA. If you are old school like me, you already heard it from the GOOD Cubians. hardest working folks you will ever meet. ( I say that, becuse I learned it in the 1960's, watching them arrive in the USA. Pride is a word you can look up. the Cuban's LIVED it.) And are one of the most joyest; Americans)

Last edited by NJ_Jim; 03-03-2013 at 02:56 PM..

Old 03-03-2013, 03:04 PM

550 posts, read 1,278,157 times
I think it's a mixed bag. On the one hand I hope these people can change the laws regarding liquor sales and a few other political issues I won't go into. On the other hand I don't want any new taxes or government regulation. I just learned a few weeks ago that some counties have emissions testing and that worries me. I hope this never goes statewide.

It seems like the liberal people tend to end up in a city and the people who have TN values tend to move to small towns and rural areas.

Slightly off topic: I think every government service should be voluntary. You should only pay for the government services you use or feel like voluntarily contributing to. People should have a free market option if they don't like the government option.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:08 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,276,884 times
Because Tennessee is in serious danger of turning blue?

Old 03-03-2013, 03:19 PM

45,018 posts, read 60,017,539 times
Sounds like Tennessee is undergoing Marylandization. Which kind of figures, it's one of the states that retired Marylanders are moving to in order to escape the high cost of living and tax on pensions here.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:22 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,276,884 times
And the biggest threat to Libertarians in Tennessee isn't the state Democratic Party. It's the Republican Party.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
And the biggest threat to Libertarians in Tennessee isn't the state Democratic Party. It's the Republican Party.

I am not so sure of your statement. yes, some RINO's. But the main gist of the Republicans ( well how I view them, me ) is lower taxes, and let people work, pay taxes to support those who are ' TRUELY' in need.

Then again, it is those who can't fight for themselves ( who we MUST help ), not those who wish others take care of them, even though, they can take of themselves but choice not too.

nashVols, if you have any feeling of what you posted:

" We're all 'Doomed'"

Last edited by NJ_Jim; 03-03-2013 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: just change the feeling of the post, to make sure my POV is clear

Old 03-03-2013, 03:48 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,640,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Jim View Post
Yes, you all have to pay for garbage collection, pay to dump it yourself. Pay for Fire Protection etc.
But it is the bastion of; pay if you want ( too ).
Not all of Tennessee is set up like this. The level of services available privately vs. publicly varies in each community. We have cities, you know, that provide services supported by tax dollars.

We don't "subscribe" to fire service here where I live because we have a paid fire department (paid for by my property taxes), but we do have to pay a private company to haul our trash. Franklin, the city just south of mine, has trash pickup and curbside recycling. My point is that Tennessee is a large and varied state. It's not all as monochromatic as you seem to believe.

I do believe that Tennessee will suffer from being on these popularity lists, with some folks looking for a way out of bad financial situations moving here to escape high-tax, high unemployment states, scavenge and change what we have, then move on to the next one at the top of the list.

Smart municipal planning will help offset the unintended consequences.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Not all of Tennessee is set up like this. The level of services available privately vs. publicly varies in each community. We have cities, you know, that provide services supported by tax dollars.
We don't "subscribe" to fire service here where I live because we have a paid fire department (paid for by my property taxes), but we do have to pay a private company to haul our trash. Franklin, the city just south of mine, has trash pickup and curbside recycling. My point is that Tennessee is a large and varied state. It's not all as monochromatic as you seem to believe.
I do believe that Tennessee will suffer from being on these popularity lists, with some folks looking for a way out of bad financial situations moving here to escape high-tax, high unemployment states, scavenge and change what we have, then move on to the next one at the top of the list.
Smart municipal planning will help offset the unintended consequences.
Yes absolute I agree with your post. 100%

I am just saying/posting it is still possible ( though necessary ) to live in the out-back, the tiny towns ( with all the repercussion that come with it ) is what people - Need to learn/know - that is ( Tenn and it's offering ) what is the "Dream"

Now do people not realize what that all entails, sure.

You are lucky, at the very least, you sit in a state, many want to move to. I am mostly asking, what do you think of those that 'dream of it', but then want to vote ( not to be mean - but the heart strings tug - then it is the " Anyone can 'Have'" ) state. Does that make sense? and are you afraid of it.
Again, I am not talking about those who can't take care of themselves, I am talking about the able bodies. ( the influx ) - the hidden folks - who claim to love Tenn, but will vote to make it a Dem paradise, even though, they don't see it as per...

I hate conveying a 'Thought' via type.
I have always said to convey it is four ways:
Smoke signals
Phone
Type
Eye contact

I prefer, eye contact, at least you know, if your 'Thought' is ( at the ) falling on 'Deaf' ears.
be it " Deaf " ears because the recipient is Deaf to your thoughts, or not understanding, what you are posing, thus, if the latter, you can correlate it and re-state it to be clear.
* sorry, I stink at typing/conveying a thought. ( not too much fun in person, so.... take what I post in context. I NEVER mean harm, mind you all, If you would, thanks)

Old 03-03-2013, 04:16 PM

192 posts, read 347,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Because Tennessee is in serious danger of turning blue?
The whole country is.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:26 PM

"The whole country is."

And the funny thing, I am close to retirement, the YOUNG will pay for me.

Why am I not ( turning ) to be a Democrat and ride the wave.

BECAUSE, I was so lucky to be in a country when one can work and become someone. I could change and say " I Want" but I won't. and I don't have children, I just want other people who have children, their children, see, To work hard, YOU can become Rich.

Oh, to become 'Rich' such a bad term.

We're Doomed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: